mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

1 minute ago, Alex said:

They missed a trick by not making the pizza place BYOC (bring your own cheese) 

Now I have a vision of one of the tramps barging into the kitchen and telling the chef to "hold on there, marra" as he empties his parmesan filled pockets one by one on to the base. 

• Haha 6

Honestly man, they are fucking mental. Newcastle is a fairly well known, even famous, hsopitality city frequently voted the most friendly city in the UK. Huge restaurant and pub scene over multiple areas, plenty hotels, good transport links.  It's just geared up for it. I know I am inevitably biased but Sunderland just is not.

image.thumb.png.2c31dfdf60315fc45bef0ab5ee9b9e81.png

Green text: it is fucking true.

Yellow text: as evidenced by the underlying premise of this message. Perfectly friendly as long as you say what greyate marras we all are, and say it in the right places, otherwise...... 

image.thumb.png.07ec8876922eeb1cddb1bf63bd4a32dc.png

WHy aye. Got all his Newcastle marras to leave work at Gosforth to come drinking in Sunderland, 20 years ago. Has "ftm" in his username. :lol:

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

This lad is frogmarching away fans to drink in the "city" centre.

image.png.0126c75f2a64ed6b041e52ea199b9879.png

Wonder where they got the Metro from, hmmmmm makes you think.

• Haha 7

26 minutes ago, Renton said:

Honestly man, they are fucking mental. Newcastle is a fairly well known, even famous, hsopitality city frequently voted the most friendly city in the UK. Huge restaurant and pub scene over multiple areas, plenty hotels, good transport links.  It's just geared up for it. I know I am inevitably biased but Sunderland just is not.

image.thumb.png.2c31dfdf60315fc45bef0ab5ee9b9e81.png

Green text: it is fucking true.

Yellow text: as evidenced by the underlying premise of this message. Perfectly friendly as long as you say what greyate marras we all are, and say it in the right places, otherwise...... 

image.thumb.png.07ec8876922eeb1cddb1bf63bd4a32dc.png

WHy aye. Got all his Newcastle marras to leave work at Gosforth to come drinking in Sunderland, 20 years ago. Has "ftm" in his username. :lol:

I had a works night out in Sunderland just before COVID. Ended up in somewhere called Arizona which I assume is a late night bar/club. The bouncers were letting people in wearing tracksuits and trainers.

We had an autistic lad out with us who is an "enthusiastic" dancer. I literally had to follow him around the dance floor he was getting that many dirty looks off the locals he dared get close too.

Genuinely one of, if not THE, worst night out I've ever had . 

• Like 6

I've been on plenty of other clubs' message boards and the recurring theme is that whenever they've an away day in Sunderland thy either stay for a night out in Newcastle, or are in and out like a black ops rendition team.

Edited by The Fish
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I've been on plenty of other clubs' message boards and the recurring theme is that whenever they've an away day in Sunderland thy either stay for a night out in Newcastle, or are in and out like a black ops rendition team.

As someone who went to uni in Sunderland and even lived there for a spell in my third year (just off Chester road beycause I was geyt posh, marra) can confirm there is zero reason anyone would go to Sunderland for a drink pre or post game.

Also this “friendliest marras” thing is horseshit too. My mates brother was up from Leeds and we went out for a few drinks before a mackem game. No one had a footy top on or announced affiliations one way or another. My mates brother got a glass thrown at him because someone didn’t like his accent - as he literally ordered a pint at the bar, so doing nowt. Sunderland weren’t even playing a Yorkshire based team from memory. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Met some Brizzle Rovers fans in town as we were waiting to go up to auld reekie a few years ago and of course they were playing the mackems. Asked why as if it needed asking but they were up from THURSDAY for the Saturday game as they love it up here and it's a bit of a holiday playing up here for them. I didn't ask them if they hated the mackems anaaarl as the idea of going to Sunderland for them as opposed to spending a few days here was laughable. 

• Haha 3

I’ve stayed in Brizzle a few times when I had my rope access business. 

Of all the other cities in the UK, it struck me as having a very similar vibe to Newcastle- might have been the area we were staying - Clifton, which has similar architecture, as did the part of the city we frequented, more likely was that both areas were also stowed out with top-notch blart. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ve stayed in Brizzle a few times when I had my rope access business. 

Of all the other cities in the UK, it struck me as having a very similar vibe to Newcastle- might have been the area we were staying - Clifton, which has similar architecture, as did the part of the city we frequented, more likely was that both areas were also stowed out with top-notch blart. :lol:

aye, was a regular weekend out for me and mrs tbd. cracking hardhouse night called ripsnorter in the depot nightclub, tribe of frog is famous in the psytrance scene at lakota club in stokes croft, even the trinity church got in to the act as a venue for dance music debauchery. and aye, can happily confirm bristol is rammed with minxy chicks, especially the dready hippie variety!

if I hadn't have had the good fortune to have newcastle as my home city I wouldn't have to been too despondent had bristol been it instead.    :)

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

when I had my rope access business

Now I know this is a euphemism but I'm a bit scared to think what of.

Ponder Denzel Washington GIF by Entertainment Tonight

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

It’s a euphemism for 

When I had a business that was chiefly contracting rope access jobs. 

You're disgusting.

• Haha 6

59 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

It’s a euphemism for 

When I had a business that was chiefly contracting rope access jobs. 

why am I not surprised

8780AC6F-4ED9-44A7-8D40-29B30A3803BD.jpeg

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Renton said:

Apparently the classy mackems keep burgularing their own club shop. This response though, surely mag like behaviour. 

Screenshot_20240812_225352_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240812_225413_Chrome.jpg

It's probably Kyril Louis Dreyfus. Me fatha used to do it to our 50p gas meter.

• Haha 6

Successful Sunderland escapee who's never looked back interviews bloke who does NUFC's run-out tune whilst wearing a black and white jumper. :good:

RTG:

Screaming Shia Labeouf GIF

• Haha 10

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

Just why? Why on Earth would you post this gibberish? 

image.png.846fe78734bc7f6331d6ce519f201687.png

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

Well, his signature does say..

" I was born to have adventure"  😂  Maybe that was it ? 

• Haha 6

The rtg mackem leg end that is Keith has posted this...

"Saw about 7 adults with mag tops on at the airport today, 2 kids 

1 kid in a Sunderland top, normal behaviour.

One had the shorts on too, fatty of course. Sad acts."

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/adults-that-wear-replica-football-shirts.1609913/page-32

Does anyone believe this actually happened ? 

• Haha 2