mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

"Howe's teams deploy high pressing and basically he'd only pick players that play that way" followed closely by:

"I'd love to see an England in his style" - Referring to Klopp, a manager who's teams adopt high pressing and would only pick players that play that way. Fucking morons :lol:

Also, the same cunts crying that Howe has won nowt despite spending an alleged fortune are wanking themselves daft over Klopp who has won one of each trophy despite spending considerably more than Howe :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

"Howe's teams deploy high pressing and basically he'd only pick players that play that way" followed closely by:

"I'd love to see an England in his style" - Referring to Klopp, a manager who's teams adopt high pressing and would only pick players that play that way. Fucking morons :lol:

Also, the same cunts crying that Howe has won nowt despite spending an alleged fortune are wanking themselves daft over Klopp who has won one of each trophy despite spending considerably more than Howe :lol:

Howe’s formation with this set of players would work really well imo. I’ve thought a few times the ‘double pivot’ is too cautious, especially against teams looking to sit deep and hit England on the break. I could elaborate but I can’t be arsed / don’t care enough 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Howe’s formation with this set of players would work really well imo. I’ve thought a few times the ‘double pivot’ is too cautious, especially against teams looking to sit deep and hit England on the break. I could elaborate but I can’t be arsed / don’t care enough 

I think Howe would be class for England. His tactics alone would scare the shit out of most teams considering international games a played at such a slow, boring pace. That's why I hope Germany don't appoint Klopp as we'll just end up having to deal with them dominating for the next 4-6 years - and the hivemind masturbation sesh from the football community would be unbearable.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I think Howe would be class for England. His tactics alone would scare the shit out of most teams considering international games a played at such a slow, boring pace. That's why I hope Germany don't appoint Klopp as we'll just end up having to deal with them dominating for the next 4-6 years - and the hivemind masturbation sesh from the football community would be unbearable.

Doesn’t  it take ages to get used to playing under Howe? I don’t think he’ll have the time on the training ground to drum that into to the players.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Doesn’t  it take ages to get used to playing under Howe? I don’t think he’ll have the time on the training ground to drum that into to the players.

It would but considering most elite players now are in high pressing teams so anyone from us, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City would probably slot straight in as they all play a variant of that style. Not sure as much on lads overseas but certainly Kane will be used to it in Germany. I think it would be a pretty immediate improvement in that sense.

Howe needs regular training sessions to get his methods across. 

Who the fuck would be the England manager? Massive expectations from the media and a subset of the fans, no time to work with the players and a country that is years behind others in terms of financing coaches and young players. 

Fuck. That.

2 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

My mackem marra says the current name in the frame is Frank Lampard. 

image.png.ad0f300cb9738a83076821a51ef1ac1a.png

• Haha 6

19 hours ago, Alex said:

Southgate panics if he goes over the recommended serving size with his morning cereal, you’ll get caution and you’ll like it

• Haha 7

15 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's alright, they didn't want him anyways.

:lol:

“Hello, is that Frank? Kyril here, how you doing? Good stuff. Listen Frank we know you’re looking for work and we have a vacancy here we’d love you to fill and we were hoping you could give us an idea of salary requirements, staff numbers etc. How much? What’s that Frank you’re breaking up. He’s gone, thank fuck. Speakman, go and tell Dodds to get the tactics ready and tell him he has the 36p out of the swear jar for players. Also, tell him I traded Jobe to spurs for a curly wurly.”

• Haha 8

Mackems travelling to Alicante and playing Alicante and some other side. Just a heads up in case anyone on here is bewked up on a trip to 'Beni' between the 15th July and 21st July. If you are I doubt you'll see any Sunderland shirts as there's no way they'd wear them on a trip to Spain. 

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I heard they leave them at home and buy a new one when they get there from a passing MLF sailor. 

Alicante: "Bueno dias, Sunderland football club. We agree to play your team but only on condition you don't form any football clubs who'll be competitors for us while you're over here and your fans must not wear any Sunderland shirts to kit out any newly formed clubs."

• Haha 7