mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

7 hours ago, Howay said:

I’m assuming the poo emojis in his thread title are referring to it being a home game for them? 

“Build up thread”. 
Lad’s necking Guinness and eating bulk amounts of cheeysey chips, with a pint of DulcoEase. 

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: He’s only good once every 4 games in the championship, and the only interest they’ve had is an £8m bid from Burnley but somehow that translates to £25m :lol: :lol: 

I think there’s only a handful of championship players that have ever commanded that sort of fee. Excluding players who’ve just been relegated from the PL, obviously. Also get the feeling he hung around seeing if the club was going places and the owners seem to have confirmed they’re a selling club for now, at the very least. The only teams quoted as being interested are lower half PL sides and they’ve only had one actual bid for him, as you allude to. £25m is ridiculously optimistic for someone unproven at that level. They also all seem to regard him as some sort of wonder kid despite his being 23. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 4

Jesus, I didn't realise how tragic their list of top scorers was. 145 years they've been going, and their all time top goal scorer has fewer goals than Andy Cole managed in 2 seasons 

21982C66-03F2-470B-99CD-5C7D940CB813.thumb.jpeg.f86e4cbc5a4d95ea7fe46e7a3268ec75.jpeg

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Jesus, I didn't realise how tragic their list of top scorers was. 145 years they've been going, and their all time top goal scorer has fewer goals than Andy Cole managed in 2 seasons 

21982C66-03F2-470B-99CD-5C7D940CB813.thumb.jpeg.f86e4cbc5a4d95ea7fe46e7a3268ec75.jpeg

Fucking hell. Must have invented the false number 9. Leading innovation again these mackem cunts. 

Edit: Also shola fucking ameobi has scored more than their record scorer? :lol:

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 8

Today in 1954 the mackems put in a bid for...Jackie Milburn.

Rejected of course and he went on to score another 62 goals for us.

I wish rtg was around then so i could read what they said 😂

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

Today in 1954 the mackems put in a bid for...Jackie Milburn.

Rejected of course and he went on to score another 62 goals for us.

I wish rtg was around then so i could read what they said 😂

Despite him being a boyhood MLF? Odd behaviour. 

• Haha 3

A Sunderland footballer raped and sexually assaulted a woman he met on a dating app, a jury has heard.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wear-67861047

Two potential jurors for the trial were excluded "out of an abundance of caution" after declaring that they were Newcastle United season ticket holders.

The 15 potential panellists were asked to indicate whether they were season ticket holders for either Newcastle United or Sunderland, and whether they were planning to attend the FA Cup clash between the two sides on Saturday.

Edited by Tdansmith

1 hour ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

They met on tinder... tinder... a hookup app (ive heard)

She went to his house straight away.... this guy she met... from a hook up app... "Just for a cuddle" ... 

If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

"No means no" must mean something else down under.