mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

RTG has a bunch of ITKs going on about some manager in the French league with a history with the mackems. I'd look at who it may be but I can't be fucked.

My bet is it will be fat Sam coming in until the end of the season. They still haven't gotten over how marginally less shit they were under him.

• Haha 1

I like Mowbray and feel for him but other than that I’m delighted. I would imagine they’ll hire a foreign coach no one has heard of. Their most saleable assets would seem to be Clarke and their keeper. I reckon at least one of them will leave in January. Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if that was the plan. 

2 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

RTG has a bunch of ITKs going on about some manager in the French league with a history with the mackems. I'd look at who it may be but I can't be fucked.

My bet is it will be fat Sam coming in until the end of the season. They still haven't gotten over how marginally less shit they were under him.

If it’s Allardyce he’ll want a lot of money. As well wanting at least a few experienced loan signing in January. Can’t see it but nothing makes sense down the road, so who knows? 

4 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Le Chatertaupe

9 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

They were linked with some fella who took the Nice job instead. Given that he currently has them second in the table I don't think he'll be in any rush to jump ship on the off chance they can mount a challenge for the play offs.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

neil-warnock-you-what.gif

He’d be perfect for them. 

I don’t buy into it being some amazing grand plan. But there is a ‘model’ based around taking a punt on developing young players and selling them for a profit. I don’t think they’re going to abandon it and bring in some ‘get stuck in’ dinosaur. 

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don’t buy into it being some amazing grand plan. But there is a ‘model’ based around taking a punt on developing young players and selling them for a profit. I don’t think they’re going to abandon it and bring in some ‘get stuck in’ dinosaur. 

Which is fine if they've got a unified plan for a style of football from the youth setup up to the first team. If they'd released Mowbray because the manager they were eyeing as his replacement became available, then I could understand the decision. 

Getting shot of Mowbray must be because of a disagreement on transfer policy or something. Can't be because of league performances or losing the dressing room or owt, right? And if there's a disagreement on transfer policy then it'll be the owner wanting to spend their money on players Mowbray doesn't want, or not wanting to spend money at all. Surely neither is particularly attractive for a quality manager?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Alex said:

I didn’t mean it from any footballing perspective- more that he’s also a rancid bastard that nobody likes. 👍 

• Haha 5

38 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Heckinbottom (sp?) may be available soon but he's fallen out with Sheffield because they sold players and didn't reinvest so unlikely he would take it. 

A bloke at work reckons knowing their owners and DOF they will appoint someone completely out of the blue that no one expects and isn't on the betting odds at all.

However, he also said they are so shitly ran that he expects Heckingbottom to get the gig. To which I reminded him that his current team (in red and white stripes) lost 8-0 to us at home not so long ago. He was thrilled with this :lol:

I told him it will likely be Fat Sham until the end of the season - which I thought would lift the spirits since the mackems loved him so much, but he wasn't so keen. Apparently, in order for the gravy guzzler to be successful you need a striker who can score, and they don't have one.

My son is going on a school trip to the Milan game next week. The school have quite rightly advised that Newcastle kits are the only acceptable football tops allowed on the trip. My boy has gallantly offered to loan out some of his tops to his mates. It also transpires these Scottish school kids in their Newcastle tops are also going for a stadium tour and training session the day after……. At the stadium of light. I might phone the Sunderland echo for a laugh.

• Haha 4

Just now, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

My son is going on a school trip to the Milan game next week. The school have quite rightly advised that Newcastle kits are the only acceptable football tops allowed on the trip. My boy has gallantly offered to loan out some of his tops to his mates. It also transpires these Scottish school kids in their Newcastle tops are also going for a stadium tour and training session the day after……. At the stadium of light. I might phone the Sunderland echo for a laugh.

Good stuff from the school. It’s important to bring kids down to earth after they’ve experienced a high like that 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, RobElliott said:

Heard the mackems are after Willi Wacker from the German 3rd division. Was a big fan of Adam Johnston during his spell there.

Icky acky

Horses cacky

Icky acky-oo

Wind blew

Cacky flew

On

To

YOU.

• Haha 5