mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

Agreed. Also they have Tony fucking Mowbray as their manager, not some upcoming genius coach. Their best player is on loan from ManU.

The weird delusion on the SMB though is quite something. Several posters seemed to genuinely believe that last nights game had earned them national respect and people will somehow now become lifelong MLFs after watching this. I know I am biased, but for me despite the scoreline, what I saw was a turgid affair, and it seems to have completely passed the mackems by they were not playing premiership opposition, with Fulham having made 9 changes for this fixture, and ultimately winning quite comfortably.  

Aye. The BBC website made it out to be a 5 goal thriller but it really wasn’t. They did quite well second half but it was against a bits and pieces Fulham team who were still pretty comfortable throughout. That Clarke looks a canny player but I’ve only really seen him in this and the tie at Fulham. I like Mowbray as well but how often do you see a decent crop of youngsters do decent for a while because they’ve been given opportunities out of necessity? It’s fairly common. The fucking talk about it being their best team in 40+ years of watching them on RTG though? You’d think they’d have as good a chance as any in the playoffs like as the league seems very even outside the top two. Not that they’re a shoo in to get that far 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye. The BBC website made it out to be a 5 goal thriller but it really wasn’t. They did quite well second half but it was against a bits and pieces Fulham team who were still pretty comfortable throughout. That Clarke looks a canny player but I’ve only really seen him in this and the tie at Fulham. I like Mowbray as well but how often do you see a decent crop of youngsters do decent for a while because they’ve been given opportunities out of necessity? It’s fairly common. The fucking talk about it being their best team in 40+ years of watching them on RTG though? You’d think they’d have as good a chance as any in the playoffs like as the league seems very even outside the top two. Not that they’re a shoo in to get that far 

There's probably half that division which is in with a shout of the playoffs.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The Man United flags :lol: Once more confirming that Sunderland’s favourite team is whoever Newcastle is playing 

Absolutely tragic 

• Like 2

Trending on RTG today. What a time to be a mackem:

Anger at fans leaving early. 

image.png.8bf3e255947fbfd2bcf782e368bd1472.png

Litter on the breeze.

image.png.aae274e7751ea75f171fe8a9583e311a.png

Fulham fans are small time. No special friendship. 

image.png.5a42fd58a7bbe490cb512e5c31a32b21.png

Mitrovic, geordie tosser apparently.

image.png.c0a2a30adef56c5db85dc6671e25837f.png

And ManU flag, for Diallo apparently. :lol:

image.png.5d6a92964588927698444fd18de91287.png

• Haha 4

Lots of empty seats and not just the top tier sure I read somewhere they charged £15 even though live on BBC would keep people away £10 ticket they might have filled it 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rosco said:

Lots of empty seats and not just the top tier sure I read somewhere they charged £15 even though live on BBC would keep people away £10 ticket they might have filled it 

Should've advertised handing out free Man U flags to get a full house. 

• Haha 4

You can get an adult championship match day ticket for £12. Seems unlikely they’ll have charged more for a cup game live on terrestrial tv. Obviously they haven’t had a great time in recent years (apart from the current side being like early 70s Ajax to watch). But they’ve always got an excuse 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

You can get an adult championship match day ticket for £12. Seems unlikely they’ll have charged more for a cup game live on terrestrial tv. Obviously they haven’t had a great time in recent years (apart from the current side being like early 70s Ajax to watch). But they’ve always got an excuse 

Aye just checked their ticket office, 12 quid, the same as National League North Blyth Spartans.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s between new year and summer wedding seeeeysons, so the marras are all saving/planning. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Trending on RTG today. What a time to be a mackem:

A

And ManU flag, for Diallo apparently. :lol:

image.png.5d6a92964588927698444fd18de91287.png

As if that's any less small time than it being to do with us :D   It winds me up when I see those half and half scaves but imagine if someone had brought a Villa flag to the game last season for Targett!  They'd get hounded out in seconds.

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

“Get him in the bewk!”

” What’th a bewk, da?”

” Daint kna son it’s a… are yay lisping? That bloody mag nursery teacher!”

sending kids to nursery?  Mag behaviour. 

• Haha 2