mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

37 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s absolute bollocks. Liverpool have struggled and Chelsea are a bit of a basket case but Spurs have a great manager and some top players. They’re inconsistent but they’re by no means poor. Man City are easily one of the top 5 sides on the planet, Arsenal have been superb and Man Utd look better than they have done for years. Brighton, Brentford and Fulham would all probably get to the latter stages of the europa league 

It's so transparent that the barometer for the PL's quality is how well/poorly Newcastle United are doing. If we were rock bottom, the PL would be praised "They don't belong in the top flight", safely midtable "There's a lot of stodge in the top flight", and so on. 

It's just a gossamer thin comfort blanket. They would be the league's whipping boys were they to get promoted this season and deep down they know it. Even shambles like Southampton, Wolves and Everton would batter them. Each of the three teams currently in the relegation places would be odds-on favourites to get promoted from the Championship, such is the gulf in quality and wealth. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20230111_070911_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4d08fffc2d42d5f451096d93d9505bd7.jpg

Please get promoted so you can find out how weak the league is and how not good the mags are. 

Or fail to get out of the championship whilst looking up and declaring how shit the league you can't get into is. 

The choice is yours, you fucking divs. 

Or even better get relegated to Division 1 again. 🙂 

28 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's so transparent that the barometer for the PL's quality is how well/poorly Newcastle United are doing. If we were rock bottom, the PL would be praised "They don't belong in the top flight", safely midtable "There's a lot of stodge in the top flight", and so on. 

It's just a gossamer thin comfort blanket. They would be the league's whipping boys were they to get promoted this season and deep down they know it. Even shambles like Southampton, Wolves and Everton would batter them. Each of the three teams currently in the relegation places would be odds-on favourites to get promoted from the Championship, such is the gulf in quality and wealth. 

Absolutely spot on. I want them to get promoted simply on the basis that their barometric theory would be shot to shit. 

Take away the top two sides and the championship actually is shit. Something at least some of them should recognise as a good thing (as it allows them to compete). 

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Take away the top two sides and the championship actually is shit. Something at least some of them should recognise as a good thing (as it allows them to compete). 

It's almost like the Premier League was designed for 22 teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

They would be the league's whipping boys were they to get promoted this season and deep down they know it.

Because other than twice hitting the giddy heights of 7th, that’s their place in the Premier League whenever they stink the place up. 
They’ve finished below 15th more times than anything else. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Because other than twice hitting the giddy heights of 7th, that’s their place in the Premier League whenever they stink the place up. 
They’ve finished below 15th more times than anything else. 

Quick check and last time they were in the PL it was for 10 seasons in a row (marra): 1 top ten finish (10th, which was worth it for the Uncal Mick stuff); 13th (twice); 14th (once); 15th (once); 16th (twice); 17th (twice) and 20th. 

• Haha 1

They'll have woke up up this morning and for the first 3 seconds it'll be just another day.... Then the moment where they remember..... OHUH NOWUH! THE FUCKUN MAGS WON! AH DINNUT BELLEYVE IT! ME DAYUHS REWEND! 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Haha 10

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

7pts between 1st and 3rd, 7pts between 5th and 17th. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They'll have woke up up this morning and for the first 3 seconds it'll be just another day.... Then the moment where they remember..... OHUH NOWUH! THE FUCKUN MAGS WON! AH DINNUT BELLEYVE IT! ME DAYUHS REWEND! 

But mackem bantz.

image.thumb.png.91c4982ae957e259aade9e0f28b03476.png

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

But mackem bantz.

Mint, do you think he could give us a tour of lower league grounds on the way too cos he definitely knows where those are. LOOOOOLLLLLLZZZZZ. 

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Renton said:

But mackem bantz.

Must be amazing getting to go to Wembley so much because your side is too poor for auto promotion. We’d have went to Wembley for similar wank fixtures but we were too busy completely fucking pissing the league both times we were in it (both among the best points tallies for that league) :lol:

The PL is shit argument is exactly as Fish said, they’re welcome to keep saying it too as like many of their talking points it just means they’re also fucking dog shit as they’re miles off being a PL side. I don’t think or want them promoted, I’m happy for them to have this warm blanket of pretend land where the Championship is bafflingly a stronger league as they know for a fact it’s not :lol:. They literally didn’t shut up last time we went down about how pointless football outside the PL is, now it’s the place to be. Fucking gimps. I hope we buy this lad none of us have seen play and stick him in our reserves. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Howay said:

Must be amazing getting to go to Wembley so much because your side is too poor for auto promotion. We’d have went to Wembley for similar wank fixtures but we were too busy completely fucking pissing the league both times we were in it (both among the best points tallies for that league) :lol:

The PL is shit argument is exactly as Fish said, they’re welcome to keep saying it too as like many of their talking points it just means they’re also fucking dog shit as they’re miles off being a PL side. I don’t think or want them promoted, I’m happy for them to have this warm blanket of pretend land where the Championship is bafflingly a stronger league as they know for a fact it’s not :lol:. They literally didn’t shut up last time we went down about how pointless football outside the PL is, now it’s the place to be. Fucking gimps. I hope we buy this lad none of us have seen play and stick him in our reserves. 

I know it's been said many, many times before, but their lack of self awareness is truly staggering.

I'm still stunned by the fact that they think londoners would've been mightily impressed by the way they turned covent garden in to their football pitch, transformed the fountain at trafalgar square in to the seats of their football ground and underlined the fact that the cunts haven't got a fucking brain cell between them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Howay said:

The PL is shit argument is exactly as Fish said, they’re welcome to keep saying it too as like many of their talking points it just means they’re also fucking dog shit as they’re miles off being a PL side. I don’t think or want them promoted, I’m happy for them to have this warm blanket of pretend land where the Championship is bafflingly a stronger league as they know for a fact it’s not :lol:

Wait....... I'm sensing a dose of mackem logic arriving through my chakra portals. Last time when Sunderland were relegated from the PL, they were too shit for the CL and were further relegated to L1 in last place. Ergo the PL musn't have a higher quality than the CL. Ommmmm.

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt 

• Haha 5

52 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Who is Craig Russell?

Sunderland lad who used to play for them. Had a job with them as a sports masseur, got sacked due to cost cutting I understand, was offered a job at NUFC and now works for us. Absolute scum, who should’ve stayed on the dole rather than earn a living, obvs 

• Haha 3