mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

2 hours ago, Alex said:

That Fulwell ‘73 company are canny good. I saw a really good doc on Sky Arts about Motown that they did that was very well done. Consider that and the fact they’re Sunderland fans and how ridiculous the club looked on Sunderland ‘til I Die. Good, sympathetic film makers made them look like a joke. It’ll definitely get them the odd foreign football hipster who thinks they’re so shite they’re cool. But that isn’t going to make them ‘massive’. Most foreign fans are glory hunters. The closest they get to glory is saying we never win any trophies either

Tbf, good and sympathetic film makers probably set about to make a sympathetic film. The mackems made themselves the joke.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

They can call it the 'Netflix Stand' when it's built and unoccupied. :good:

And they're thick enough to think that if there was people who came to watch them on the back of the Netflix doco (that showed how abjectly terrible they were from top to bottom) that they'd be doing it more than once.

Because as we know people get season tickets to the circus.

• Haha 1

:lol: Is there any danger that they can stop talking absolute fucking shite for five minutes? Why the fuck are they wittering on about extending a stadium they’ve barely sold out in fucking two decades, and are comfortably well under capacity currently. 

I swear they’re getting more and more deluded. What Newcastle fan would give a flying fuck about the capacity of their stadium? Whether it’s 30k or 150k is meaningless, they’d not fill the fucking thing (actual attendance not however they count it now), and they’d still be a fucking shite club.

We’re fucking class you bunch of paedophile sympathizers whatever you lot do is a total fucking irrelevance, while I love to have a laugh at them this constant “eeee it’ll wyyyund the maggie coonts reyyyt up” is truly desperate and pathetic - to put it into context we’d have to have some sort of fucking disastrous second half of the season to not completely eclipse anything they did in the PL era and we’ve barely fucking got going under these new owners. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just as well *checks notes* err Shrewsbury are knocking the mackems out the cup because obviously they'd beat Eddie's cloggers should we ever meet!

It may even be in their new 55k stadium 😮 

• Haha 2

:lol: Of course he’s wearing it btw. 

It’s also a crease that they genuinely think that means they’re a massive club. I’d recognize a Tenerife, Cadiz, Majorca etc top and they’re all Spanish minnows. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: Is there any danger that they can stop talking absolute fucking shite for five minutes? Why the fuck are they wittering on about extending a stadium they’ve barely sold out in fucking two decades, and are comfortably well under capacity currently. 

I swear they’re getting more and more deluded. What Newcastle fan would give a flying fuck about the capacity of their stadium? Whether it’s 30k or 150k is meaningless, they’d not fill the fucking thing (actual attendance not however they count it now), and they’d still be a fucking shite club.

We’re fucking class you bunch of paedophile sympathizers whatever you lot do is a total fucking irrelevance, while I love to have a laugh at them this constant “eeee it’ll wyyyund the maggie coonts reyyyt up” is truly desperate and pathetic - to put it into context we’d have to have some sort of fucking disastrous second half of the season to not completely eclipse anything they did in the PL era and we’ve barely fucking got going under these new owners. 

Howay always sums these Six Fingered perverts up so well 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Dougle said:

RTG,

72 pages on our match thread, 92 on their own. Bear in mind ours kicked off three hours later than theirs.

Massive day for them tbf, they’ll all be chuffed with the fact that they were all correct and the PL is shite since we lost to League One opposition - of course that ignores a thousand things but it’s proof enough for them. 

17 hours ago, Dougle said:

RTG,

72 pages on our match thread, 92 on their own. Bear in mind ours kicked off three hours later than theirs.

I don’t recall us ever having a match thread for any of their games - even when they were a half-decent PL outfit 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I am going to guess yesterday was the best day ever for a few of them 

Honestly I've got a Mackem 'mate' who hasn't posted on Facebook for absolutely months. Then last night he pipes up with this .... the knob!

image.png.d246577ab0108ee57ab9c68d83ceac63.png

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Honestly I've got a Mackem 'mate' who hasn't posted on Facebook for absolutely months. Then last night he pipes up with this .... the knob!

image.png.d246577ab0108ee57ab9c68d83ceac63.png

I mean the answer to that is factually just "yes". These things happen in football. But maybe they should just reflect what they have written. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Beat Leicester on Tuesday, which we should, and we are two games from a trophy. And the mackems will be bricking it. But if it doesn't happen this year, which would be about 5 years ahead of schedule in my mind, I'm absolutely confident it will happen quite soon. Because yes, in some metrics, we are the richest club in the World and that's how it works. Fucking morons. :lol:

• Like 2

Also see the mackems have drawn Fulham away. Probably one if the worst draws they could have got. I would imagine now Fulham are virtually safe but nit really in Euro contention, they'll be well up for the cup. 

On the other hand, iirc they were saying Fulham were the shittest side in the Premier league when we beat them 4-1 at Craven Cottage, so this should be a piece of piss for them. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Three games.

Thought they had scrapped the two legged semifinal format permanently after covid, but I see they haven't, which I think I prefer. Anyway, 2 teams sides away then.