mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

If we get in the CL they’ll say we aren’t champions. If we ever win the league, it’ll be tainted by blood money :D 

There has to be reasonable Sunderland fans out there somewhere, right? They can't all be fully paid up members of the RTG FTM crowd, right? I've a Sunderland supporting mate and while he began quite level headed about it, the better we do, the more he's referencing the clichés you find on there; blood money bought success, Saudis will go off and buy Man Utd, Player X would never sign->only signed for blood money->won't be very good -> clearly has no morals and will be off the minute the bubble bursts, etcetera. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

There has to be reasonable Sunderland fans out there somewhere, right? They can't all be fully paid up members of the RTG FTM crowd, right? I've a Sunderland supporting mate and while he began quite level headed about it, the better we do, the more he's referencing the clichés you find on there; blood money bought success, Saudis will go off and buy Man Utd, Player X would never sign->only signed for blood money->won't be very good -> clearly has no morals and will be off the minute the bubble bursts, etcetera. 

As MF says, even the normal ones go a bit swivel eyed when the subject of NUFC comes up, it's just hardwired into them. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, The Fish said:

There are but it’s definitely easier to have a reasonable conversation with their lot in general when we’re both shite 

• Like 2

As for copying songs, they really don't want to go there. :lol: The Sunderland bootboys says it all, 100% a Newcastle United song, not anybody elses never mind theirs, the fact they must know it yet still adapt it despite loathing us and being classier shows who they really are. It would be like us singing wise men say or whatever? The going/going down was a blatant piss take at their expense so isn't copying in the sense they've done it. (I haven't even mentioned the Blaydon races copy!) :lol:

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Tom said:

It's unusual really as one of their favourite clubs is for some reason....Manchester City...for multiple bizarre reasons. :lol:

'it's different owa in UAYYEEEE Marra, they've got class human rights, am TELLIN YA''

Exile went to Turkey on holiday. Not suggesting for a second Turkey and Saudi Arabia are the same. But would that be the destination for someone’s whose raison d'etre is highlighting the human rights abuses and atrocities committed by regimes around the world? How is the conflict in Yemen worse that what Turkey have been doing in Kurdistan since the 70s? That’s just one example re the Turkish regime

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Tom said:

It's unusual really as one of their favourite clubs is for some reason....Manchester City...for multiple bizarre reasons. :lol:

'it's different owa in UAYYEEEE Marra, they've got class human rights, am TELLIN YA''

No doubt they have a :quotes: speshul relatshunship :quotes: with them.

7 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

As for copying songs, they really don't want to go there. :lol: The Sunderland bootboys says it all, 100% a Newcastle United song, not anybody elses never mind theirs, the fact they must know it yet still adapt it despite loathing us and being classier shows who they really are. It would be like us singing wise men say or whatever? The going/going down was a blatant piss take at their expense so isn't copying in the sense they've done it. (I haven't even mentioned the Blaydon races copy!) :lol:

Is that their anthem? Wise Men? I'm absolutely convinced I've heard it elsewhere, for ages. Wiki says;

The song is used as an anthem by several English football clubs since the 1960s, including Huddersfield Town, Hull City, Swindon Town and Sunderland.[10]

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

Exile went to Turkey on holiday. Not suggesting for a second Turkey and Saudi Arabia are the same. But would that be the destination for someone’s whose raison d'etre is highlighting the human rights abuses and atrocities committed by regimes around the world? How is the conflict in Yemen worse that what Turkey have been doing in Kurdistan since the 70s? That’s just one example re the Turkish regime

Whataboutery that marra 

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Is that their anthem? Wise Men? I'm absolutely convinced I've heard it elsewhere, for ages. Wiki says;

First sang by Jarrow Elvis. FTM 

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I find the reasonable ones just won't want to talk about it, which is absolutely fair enough. I've got mackem mates but they're fair weather fans so we never touch on the subject, especially recently. 

I had one "mate" in my circle of friends, well I say mate but more the partner of my wife's friend, who was always fuming about us, proper radgee about us. Once we were staying over at a mutual friend's house (in Sunderland as it happened) and he ended up offering me outside for a fight he got that wound up (over nothing). This was the first or second year Shearer had signed for us iirc, so a while back. I mean this was pretty bizarre behaviour amongst any group of young professionals - doctors, solicitors, scientists. He himself ended up in a very senior position in the NHS. I didn't take him up on his offer. Was hilarious watching him mumble apologies the next day to me whilst his wife watched on, arms crossed. I went to the match later that day where we played them at SJP, but disappointedly we only drew 1-1.

Over the years I've known many like him as well, but the point is, yes, there are many decent mackems as well as utter arseholes, as there is for all clubs I imagine. I'm not sure what the decent fan/arsehole fan ratio is with them, I suspect its higher than normal but tbh you can understand that given they have to put up with coming from Sunderland. And you won't find any decent fan on Pure Football forum of the SMB either, that place slef selects itself (any dissent and You're branded a "mag" and bullied out).  

• Haha 4

You know when Iwas watching the news on the BBC yesterday, I couldn't help thinking Buenos Aires really reminded me of Sunderland town centre back when they won the FA cup. Think Sunderland and Argentina need to be twinned on the strength of this. 

image.png.afc29e14f2bacaa17ee8d7c680da3c99.png

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 9

35 minutes ago, Craig said:

No doubt they have a :quotes: speshul relatshunship :quotes: with them.

Aye, pretty much think it's based around the last day relegation match at Maine Road where every report from the Sunderland correspondent coincided with an extra thousand Sunderland fans going in the ground. Started off around 10,000 and ended up about 16,000 in his excitement. Man City fans were convinced this one off season defining game made Sunderland the superior NE club if there was ever a ding ding between us and the blue part of Manchester.

29 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Others have sung it, only wolves comes to mind at the minute? The red flag was sung by those and others like Man U although I haven't heard the mackens sing it for decades although I obviously don't go to their games so could be wrong?

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Wait.....I thought the Argies were sportswashed mags? 😮 

Stress Wtf GIF

Fucking town centre celebration washed wankers! Sunderland town centre in 73 turncoats into Newcastle civic centre in 93 then hop over to Buenos Aires in 2022. 

13 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Had on, so they actually sing “Mackem Aces” to the tune of “Blaydon Races”?! :lol: How many of them did it take to brainstorm that together?

Even that was a 2nd hand rip off of Man United's rip off -  "to see Matt Busby's Aces".

• Like 1

Just now, Craig said:

Even that was a 2nd hand rip off of Man United's rip off -  "to see Matt Busby's Aces".

Loads sing '....... aces'. I've heard Blackburn, Man U, West Brom, Arsenal, QPR etc all claim to sing it, (but knowing where it comes from).  

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Talking of distortions, I'm not sure about this. I'm sure I remember singing this song for as long as I've been going to matches. Whilst we're at it, can we have the Blaydon races back and ban the Mackem Aces or whichever shit they sing?

Screenshot_20221221_092248_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fb3b948a535e1fa63cbd26e9810ae7ab.jpg

they don’t do they? Gannin along the Monkwearmouth road to see the Mackem aces? 🎶 :lol:

:lol: :lol: Why do they fucking care about shite that doesn’t fucking matter? All clubs fan bases recycle each others songs, they aren’t a special or unique fan base in fact their club is by and large one of the most generic, and least unique middling clubs in England.

Why don’t they concentrate on the fact they’ve been a division or two below us for over half a fucking decade now :lol: :lol: can they remember how fucking happy they were when we spent 12 months in a division below them? Yet they think banging on about our fan base “stealing a song” is going to bother us? In fact they probably heard our fan base singing the song while watching us on tv, or even a stream they specifically sought out. The crux is we matter and they don’t, that’s the point they know and won’t admit, we have the president of top of the league Napoli coming out to try and temper rumours that we are about to buy their star player, one of the premier up and coming talents in world football, and they’re talking about our fan base off hand singing a song they claim they made? Sounds good lads. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I find the reasonable ones just won't want to talk about it, which is absolutely fair enough. I've got mackem mates but they're fair weather fans so we never touch on the subject, especially recently. 

I had one "mate" in my circle of friends, well I say mate but more the partner of my wife's friend, who was always fuming about us, proper radgee about us. Once we were staying over at a mutual friend's house (in Sunderland as it happened) and he ended up offering me outside for a fight he got that wound up (over nothing). This was the first or second year Shearer had signed for us iirc, so a while back. I mean this was pretty bizarre behaviour amongst any group of young professionals - doctors, solicitors, scientists. He himself ended up in a very senior position in the NHS. I didn't take him up on his offer. Was hilarious watching him mumble apologies the next day to me whilst his wife watched on, arms crossed. I went to the match later that day where we played them at SJP, but disappointedly we only drew 1-1.

Over the years I've known many like him as well, but the point is, yes, there are many decent mackems as well as utter arseholes, as there is for all clubs I imagine. I'm not sure what the decent fan/arsehole fan ratio is with them, I suspect its higher than normal but tbh you can understand that given they have to put up with coming from Sunderland. And you won't find any decent fan on Pure Football forum of the SMB either, that place slef selects itself (any dissent and You're branded a "mag" and bullied out).  

good story mate, apart from the bit where you didn't give him a damn good thrashing.

• Haha 1