mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

“The security facilities were second to none; from a little box at the back of the stand police were able to focus with precision cameras on any seat within the ground. The access ways had been designed to evacuate the stadium in the shortest time possible”

:lol: Any other fucking bog standard features no one gives a fuck about does he care to mention? 

They plonked a flat pack, boring stadium in the middle of a fucking desolate bit of land it was never ever close to being one of the best even when it was brand new ffs. I’ve been in Quinn’s bar too and it’s a fucking eyesore, tacky horrible bright red with chrome everywhere. 

They have such an inflated opinion of their club, they’re a totally fucking irrelevant club and have been that for the modern era. It’s something like two or three games in Europe in their entire history, they should just embrace and enjoy their time in League one tbh as that’s around about their level. 

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Howay said:

“The security facilities were second to none; from a little box at the back of the stand police were able to focus with precision cameras on any seat within the ground. The access ways had been designed to evacuate the stadium in the shortest time possible”

:lol: Any other fucking bog standard features no one gives a fuck about does he care to mention? 

They plonked a flat pack, boring stadium in the middle of a fucking desolate bit of land it was never ever close to being one of the best even when it was brand new ffs. I’ve been in Quinn’s bar too and it’s a fucking eyesore, tacky horrible bright red with chrome everywhere. 

They have such an inflated opinion of their club, they’re a totally fucking irrelevant club and have been that for the modern era. It’s something like two or three games in Europe in their entire history, they should just embrace and enjoy their time in League one tbh as that’s around about their level. 

Two (two-legged) CWC ties in the 70s. In the same season. And that’s it. They’re absolutely miles behind the likes of Boro on that score

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

If mental gymnastics was a sport, these would be the undefeated world champions

:lol: Spot on. 

It’s so fucking weird that on RTG they have this need to blame absolutely everything on others. If one of their fans had punched a horse, or put Saudi flags/defended that regime on social media they’d all be absolutely convinced it was sad mags pretending they were lads fans.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: 

Their responses to this post ranged from educating this Shrewsbury fan about what a big club Sunderland are, and how their rightful place is in the Premier League; accusing him of either being a mag, or sucking up to the mags, or 'can we at least agree that the mags are awful'. Tbf to them, I would say that posts related to us - an entirely unrelated third party - only made up about 50% of all responses.

Finally we of course have a fair few of them who are adamant, having spoken to randoms in the pub up and down the country, that Sunderland are not only well liked, they're basically everyone's second favourite team. And their worldwide network of supporters are legion.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: 

This is fucking excellent, especially for a club desperate to be liked. It’s what they want more than anything, possibly owing to us being so popular in the 90s. 

Pretty much nobody likes Sunderland, it’s a shithole. If people go for an away day at Sunderland they get the metro from Newcastle and spend their nights out in Newcastle.

They are the most arrogant, deluded fanbase in the country, they’d get absolutely rinsed week in week out in the championship & yet somehow think they have a divine right to be in the premier league. 

HMS Piss the league sails again btw with a 0-0 draw at Plymouth. (A team who actually did love NUFC if you remember)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I think they played a Blaydon Races & a few others too. Probably because we took the season seriously & respected our opposition. 

That said I forgot the home fixture was on and was dragged out of bed from a hangover dream to rapidly get the train and make it on time. Steven Taylor scored iirc :lol: I

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

The part 1 is mint too! :lol:

I was quietly chuckling until

“ Joelinton has turned in to bastard Socrates- The whole league has shat themselves!”

Full blown snort-laugh

:lol::lol::lol:

• Haha 2