mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

3 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I think it might be funnier if they got promotion filling their fans with hope of a return to the premier at last and then got absolutely hammered by everyone and finished dead last with a swift return to lg1 

No No No......let them fester in 3rd division for another year

• Like 1

They would be whipping boys in the championship & whilst that would be utterly hilarious seeing them fester in league 1 & collectively lose their shit over Newcastle United is far funnier. 

They’ve lost their minds :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

If they go up then you’d have to say they’ve consistently shown themselves to be about the 6th best team in League One. There’s quite a gulf in class between that and the Championship. To say it’s going to be tough without a lot of investment is putting it mildly. That’s assuming they go up and it’s not even certain they’ll make the playoffs 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

not a sniff of a mention of soonlan. even my former stomping ground washy gets a mention ahead of it - ouch!

• Haha 5

Add Daniel Stables to the list. Seems the Cabal got to him, it’s a mystery what they used to convince him as it’s safe to assume he’s a MLF or has a massive soft spot for Sunderland. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

not a sniff of a mention of soonlan. even my former stomping ground washy gets a mention ahead of it - ouch!

:lol:

Thats the best bit- he’s not just shit in their bed, he’s woke them up and rubbed their faces in it too. 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

National Magographic

• Haha 4

Fucking hell :lol: This is some Olympic level mental gymnastics on display here. 
“well marra you might say he’s done well but if they didn’t win those games but actually lost them they’d be close to relegation” :lol: ok pal whatever you fucking say. 

I mean when he puts it that way you can see how a manager who is about to accomplish (iirc) something that has never been done before (stay up despite having 0 wins by December) has in fact been nothing but lucky and is really a shit manager. No wonder that lot hound out managers who have them heading for promotion. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Not to mention that the stay about second least possession is a load of shite.

:lol: Aye, I also like the “he’s only won 1 match in 4” nowt like cherry picking is there - so when he won 7 in 9 with the other 2 as draws was he Klopp level? Obsessed little wanks. 

You’d think they actually had a good manager instead of Alex Neil ffs. 

If you think it's bad now, wait till we become good side competing. Can you imagine the meltdowns you'd have seen on twitter etc had the internet been around when we were bossing it from 92 onwards? :lol: Well, imagine no more in a couple of years time. :good:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Howay said:

Fucking hell :lol: This is some Olympic level mental gymnastics on display here. 
“well marra you might say he’s done well but if they didn’t win those games but actually lost them they’d be close to relegation” :lol: ok pal whatever you fucking say. 

I mean when he puts it that way you can see how a manager who is about to accomplish (iirc) something that has never been done before (stay up despite having 0 wins by December) has in fact been nothing but lucky and is really a shit manager. No wonder that lot hound out managers who have them heading for promotion. 

keith s30s....

a moderator on a forum of dribbling halfwits.

he's got a photo of bryan 'pop' robson as his avatar. a mackem who devoted the best and most productive years of his career playing for newcastle.

• Like 3

Tricky game coming up for them- they face their former assistant manager Steve Cotterill who will have been preparing his Shrewsbury side all season for this, their cup final. 

They’ll leave their train at Derby, then get the 56 to Stoke, and then a short wait for the 72 Express to their Travelodge at the Dobbies just a short walk from Shrewsbury’s ground. 

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Howay said:

He also says we've scored something like 15 goals since Watford, 'Only 9 of them from open play'. Now, my maths might not be great but 9/15 is a pretty significant majority. And for a team plugging away at the tail end of the Premier League, that's not bad at all.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: What a weird fucking thing to go after, I also forgot they had such a glowing track record of youth prospects themselves. 

When we were criticising Ashley for his neglect of the academy, we were told that we were still producing talent at a decent rate and shouldn't complain.

Now that he's gone they've stuck the jalopy in reverse.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Howay said:

Tbf I think they're consistent on this with their own managers too. It would explain why they hound them out when they're in third and safely set for promotion - made up stats and general nonsense which they goad each other into believing. So I don't think this time it's necessarily that they're plainly and openly biased.. I think they're just fucking morons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

He also says we've scored something like 15 goals since Watford, 'Only 9 of them from open play'. Now, my maths might not be great but 9/15 is a pretty significant majority. And for a team plugging away at the tail end of the Premier League, that's not bad at all.

In the league(s) since Jan 1st...

Newcastle have scored 1.25 gpg

Sunderland on the other hand have scored a massive 1.29 gpg.  Which is impressive given that every game is someone's cup final.

Newcastle have conceded 1 gpg

Sunderland have conceded 1.35 gpg.  I mean it is a tough league, and they have had some managerial complications.

Therefore,

Newcastle are +0.25 gdpg this year.

Sunderland are -0.06 gdpg.  

I can't be arsed to investigate their goals, even this is pathetic.  

Edited by trophyshy
  • Haha 3