mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

In my defense, I didn't come up with the joke, it was my wife's. But you're right, it's awful, she's got to go, I'll have tequila.

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

In my defense, I didn't come up with the joke, it was my wife's. But you're right, it's awful, she's got to go, I'll have tequila.

No defence for mis-spelling defence though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Howay said:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/mexicans-at-match.1575624/

This was shaping up to be a “Mexicans are MLF” thread before it become clear they weren’t Mexican at all, just some blokes wearing sombreros.

Why would someone see some blokes in sombrero’s and just assume they were a group of Mexicans? It could be that there’s a desperation among that fan base for everyone in the world to support them, it could also be that the OP hasn’t travelled further than a 10 mile radius of Pennywell and just assumes all Mexicans walk about in Sombreros. My personal question is why make a thread about it at all? 

it was a stag do from gillingham :lol: 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, NJS said:

No defence for mis-spelling defence though. 

I should have spotted that, sorry. I've no excuse. My browser Aztec that will help me next time.

Really enjoying the odd browse of the inherently moral Ready to Groom.

Some of them have gone absolutely mental in that sportswashing thread. 

“only the mags could stoop to such a level of evil” etc etc 

Proper poetic stuff :lol: 

• Haha 2

image.thumb.png.f048f8f7f90020011d0f7c7d354f4820.png

Can someone highlight to me where ANY of our fans have praised the beheadings of 81 people?

It's one thing to suggest fans turning a blind eye to the human rights atrocities which of course is in the significant minority, but that line is made up libelous bollocks with absolutely zero foundation. 

Mad Cyril needs to give it a rest in that thread mind, he's feeding the trolls and it's a tad embarrassing.

• Like 1

I think there were some idiots on Twitter justifying it for some bizarre reason. 

But I think in the real world most people recognise it as a barbaric act. 

I think we all know for a solid fact they’d be behind the Saudis from the off. They’ve got a messiah complex for every owner that isn’t the current one, anyone new is instantly treat as game changing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm certain there would be some now who would stay away if they were bought by Putin or whoever simply because they have said they would if they were us and they couldn't bare to be shown up as the hypocrites we know they really are.  But they're only kidding themselves if they try to claim there'd be any mass boycott.  Nobody else is buying that.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I'm certain there would be some now who would stay away if they were bought by Putin or whoever simply because they have said they would if they were us and they couldn't bare to be shown up as the hypocrites we know they really are.  But they're only kidding themselves if they try to claim there'd be any mass boycott.  Nobody else is buying that.

Or their club 

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Craig said:

image.thumb.png.f048f8f7f90020011d0f7c7d354f4820.png

Can someone highlight to me where ANY of our fans have praised the beheadings of 81 people?

It's one thing to suggest fans turning a blind eye to the human rights atrocities which of course is in the significant minority, but that line is made up libelous bollocks with absolutely zero foundation. 

Mad Cyril needs to give it a rest in that thread mind, he's feeding the trolls and it's a tad embarrassing.

Aye, I said in another thread they’re simply not able to be in any way objective about NUFC. As Toms quote about how “only the mags would stoop to this level” shows, have they not noticed that EXACTLY the same thing has played out at Manchester City? Same type of owner, same type of structure, same reaction from a fan base. 

They also have this fucking bizarre view of their own fan base, like it’s somehow different and it’s this enclave of perfect, moral, upstanding people that’s apart from society as a whole - their fans would be absolutely buzzing like 99% of every fan base would be for a similar takeover. 

• Like 3