mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

11 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

At what point do we start to feel sorry for them?

I think I’m still a fair way off but, if they get any more fucking tragic, I’ll start feel pangs of sympathy. 

If Heaton Stannington paste them 6-in-a-row I might just…

… laugh even harder. 

Fuck ‘em. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Wait until Kyril’s Mam finds out -

“ What did you do this year my son?”

” Je bought un football club le Mamski”

“ Which one, mon petitski?”

” sunderland!”

”……”

” BUT I HAVE A MAJORITY SHAREHOLDING MAMANSKI!”

“ How much?”

” 41% “

explosion-nuke.gif

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Tom said:

We always seem to be ahead of the curve when it comes to Madrox FC. 

Every. Single. Time. 

E-Sunderland@e_sunderland · May 21, 2018

"SUNDERLAND WIN THE NEW OWNER TROPHY!!!
Game, set and match.
Keep your airport - keep your 2 Nandos - keep your massive ferris wheel - keep your sports direct mugs and your sausage rolls, WE'VE GOT THE DON!!!!!!!"

• Haha 2

:lol: What a bunch of fucking mugs doing that by the way. I was bad laughing at the time, but fuck me it’s even funnier now looking back knowing full well there wasn’t even a hint of trying to foster togetherness or community or whatever bullshit the mackems thought it was, it simply that the owner has no fucking money but needed some seats put in :lol: :lol: 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 2

Finished work and I couldn’t resist a look on twitter and that eyesore forum of theirs. Fuck me it’s hilarious. I saw a post about how they should protest, which of course led to “that’s what them up the road do”. It led to the amazing exchange below :lol: nowt like being a pedantic cunt about grammar when you made the exact same error first. 

B3B971CD-8872-4FE1-8B88-325C190069B8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

image.png.53dc855d88a8ca00e931e795670aea2b.png

:lol:

I wouldn't put it past Ashley to do it at the right price. The problem is that the Don is just as much of a wanker as Ashley is so they'd never be able to come to an agreement.

If it did happen then it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to the mackems. I reckon Ashley would put in enough money to get them out of League 1. The problem then is that he's highly unlikely to invest enough to get them out of the Championship so they'd be stuck in a purgatory of never being at risk of going bust but with little hope of ever getting back to the PL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: What a bunch of fucking mugs doing that by the way. I was bad laughing at the time, but fuck me it’s even funnier now looking back knowing full well there wasn’t even a hint of trying to foster togetherness or community or whatever bullshit the mackems thought it was, it simply that the owner has no fucking money but needed some seats put in :lol: :lol: 

:lol: I really hope he turned up with a token hard hat on, took a seat out for the photo op and the fans who turned out to fix the seats blew smoke up his arse and fought each other to offer to get him a cuppa. 'Ah'l get this, Stewe, leyst ah can do, marra, thanks for giving me my club back.'

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 2

Ashley will want it for what it’s worth. The owners will at least want their money back. A case of never the twain, you’d think (not Donald Sinden / Windsor Davies - another reference for the kids). Whilst I think ‘The Don’ is a twat I also think he’s incompetent/ clueless. The idea was instant promotion and make a quick buck. Obviously that’s failed miserably and you get the impression there’s no real Plan B beyond hoping the division’s shite enough for them to somehow get out of it. I know people take the piss the: Keane but he does seem to have an affinity with the club / fans. The fact they couldn’t attract him when he seemed genuinely interested suggests they weren’t able to offer him much in terms of salary or transfer budget. Fuck knows where they’re headed if they don’t come up this season. 

• Like 2

The Tramp is getting a fair amount of lurve in this thread.

Save us William :):):)

Edit - fair amount of "you haven't got a pot to piss in" and the like as well.

Edited by Toonpack
  • Haha 2

It's like when they were in the PL, the sap brought in to rescue them from the drop would be the man to take them back to glory. Every fucking year. And every fucking year the sap was found out and peddled. I swear to God, had Allardyce not fucked off to the England job he'd have soon lost his luster.

56 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's like when they were in the PL, the sap brought in to rescue them from the drop would be the man to take them back to glory. Every fucking year. And every fucking year the sap was found out and peddled. I swear to God, had Allardyce not fucked off to the England job he'd have soon lost his luster.

not so sure about the last bit.

I think allardyce and the mackems were probably a marriage made in heaven.

any attempt to rise above mediocrity is derided as delusional.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

not so sure about the last bit.

I think allardyce and the mackems were probably a marriage made in heaven.

any attempt to rise above mediocrity is derided as delusional.

I think Allardyce's dark arts were already becoming less effective in the top flight by the time he left for England. I dunno, I think that he may have kept them up for a season or two, but relegation for them felt inevitable rather than just a risk.

Same is true for Burnley.