mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

2 hours ago, Tom said:

I’ll take me top off if you buy me a pint 

Get one sucker to do that and you’ll be mortal with all the offers to put it back on ;) 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Craig said:

Fucking hell they're getting desperate. They're calling for Jordan FC :lol:

image.thumb.png.2e329407aa49199df0fdfe4c89e84638.png

I know you both look on here :icon_lol:

Sunderland heroes :lol: pickford played one season for them as first choice then scarpered and Henderson was what? 20? When he buggered off.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Craig said:

Fucking hell they're getting desperate. They're calling for Jordan FC :lol:

image.thumb.png.2e329407aa49199df0fdfe4c89e84638.png

:lol:

Tbf, not a bad shout, give it a couple of more years for the Jordans to bank a few more quid then they can get the club for nowt and pay the bills like Neville and Scholes at Salford as that'll be the same levels they'll be at. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

What a picture that is, mind. These three already tell a story and a half. :lol:

UFdAPc.jpg

:lol: Glenn Hoddle on the right looks to have hit rock bottom. 

What is it with them lot and this desperation for ex-players to come and take over positions they have no qualifications to do so? “Hendo marra, the floodlights are out can you tak that tool box and fix them, cheers marra” are they forgetting fucking ‘Quinny’ helped run them into the ground financially? These blokes are just footballers that used to play for the club ffs. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Have you been to the Schooner for a pint of attitude and a plate of disappointment yet? 

Looks like it’s shut when I walked past. 

16 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

are the red lion doing meals again yet?  :cuppa:

I thought it was only right that o went back to said establishment and double checked. I can confirm it’s drinks only for the time being 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

I thought it was only right that o went back to said establishment and double checked. I can confirm it’s drinks only for the time being 

Am I detecting evidence of a Friday afternoon session? :lol:

Landlords folks used  to run it & he was the chef, fuckin great place in those days, still is to be fair , buy he told us he can't get a chef at the right price to make meals work for him...shame really..

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Am I detecting evidence of a Friday afternoon session? :lol:

Landlords folks used  to run it & he was the chef, fuckin great place in those days, still is to be fair , buy he told us he can't get a chef at the right price to make meals work for him...shame really..

Swift half. I’m on parent duty later. 
Covid must’ve fucked loads of these places like. Good thing it’s still trading I suppose. 

Just in the car, coming back stuck BBC Newcastle on, presenter is talking to the Sunderland commentator who's slating the club, apparently Neil has already trained with the squad and travelled down to London but there's still no announcement that he's their new manager and said they didn't bother announcing Defoe until two o'clock in the morning. Presenter then says goodbye and tells the bloke to get himself off to Trafalgar Square as that's where Trevor the Sunderland fan has texted him from saying there's a few of them there already. Me in the car.......

'They're in Trafalgar Square?'

v9MDYw.gif

• Haha 5

Following a brief peruse of the thread on their as-yet-unconfirmed new boss, I’m going to stick my neck out and say that unless this bloke turns them in to 1970s Brazil in under 3 weeks, his honeymoon period will be shorter than the wedding ceremony. 

Fan-fucking-tastic! 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Following a brief peruse of the thread on their as-yet-unconfirmed new boss, I’m going to stick my neck out and say that unless this bloke turns them in to 1970s Brazil in under 3 weeks, his honeymoon period will be shorter than the wedding ceremony. 

Fan-fucking-tastic! 

They're fewming they haven't got Keane plus the fact that Methvin is still part of the decision making. (That's from their own reporter, 'Barnsey', not essembee). 

• Haha 2

The next bloke only needs to have a win ratio better than the last bloke who had the best win ratio of any manager there for about 100 years or whatever it was. Should be a doddle 

• Haha 4