mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

This is what I mean btw, many of them still haven’t accepted the fact they’re a league one side despite this being their fucking fourth year in that league. Even if they did go up they’d likely be favorites to go down as their squad is clearly League One caliber and none of their owners have money available to spend. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Howay said:

This is what I mean btw, many of them still haven’t accepted the fact they’re a league one side despite this being their fucking fourth year in that league. Even if they did go up they’d likely be favorites to go down as their squad is clearly League One caliber and none of their owners have money available to spend. 

Aye, just forget the fact they’ve been abysmally ran for fucking years, paying way over the odds for mercenary players who ousted every manager who challenged the drinking culture there etc and pretend they have a divine right to be two leagues higher. Even though it’s their 4th consecutive season in the third tier. I’m not sure who think they’re going to attract as the next manager either. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Alex said:

Aye, just forget the fact they’ve been abysmally ran for fucking years, paying way over the odds for mercenary players who ousted every manager who challenged the drinking culture there etc and pretend they have a divine right to be two leagues higher. Even though it’s their 4th consecutive season in the third tier. I’m not sure who think they’re going to attract as the next manager either. 

McCarthy will be bang up for it, man. He’s retained a great love for the place, 15 years after being sacked and slated

• Haha 4

Watching those highlights was horrific, worse than anything I've been subjected to in hundreds of NUFC matches. And then you remember it's a league game against the 15th placed team in the third tier. :lol:

Fair play to the mackems who still go tbh, I'd have given up years ago in that situation. If we really do reap the expected benefits of being the world's richest club it will practically be the end of them, and deep down they know it. I am almost feeling pity for them. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

I mean. Thick end of £90m spent with deadline day to come, and this lot are managerless and doing their best to spend another season in League One. 

I wonder if they still think that it's all gonna go wrong for us and the new owners aren't here to be ambitious. 

• Haha 5