mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

49 minutes ago, Alex said:

The mental gymnastics on there at the minute. Everything from John Terry getting appointed means there’s something off with deal, to the Saudis having already moved onto other things, meaning Staveley and the Reubens will be left to run the club disastrously to our going to be a feeder club for inter Milan. All to convince themselves this is a disaster waiting to happen. 

The PIF had to spend $1bn to facilitate the £305m Newcastle United deal they worked 18 months to complete.

Yep it makes perfect sense that they’ll make a bad job of it now. 

“Just leave it lads, doesn’t matter”

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

they're referring to us as isis fc and the beheaders army.

I'd be willing to bet I've donated more in the last 12 months to saving the adorable pangolin from extinction (£36) at the hands of the chinese than their entire fan base has donated collectively to amnesty international since its inception 60 years ago, despite their all consuming passion on human rights.

you could almost be fooled in to thinking their angst might be more to do with possibility we might have a decent football team in a few years time.

I don't understand this recent obsession with saving pangolins tbh.  What makes their lives more important than, for example, a pig's?

2 hours ago, Tom said:

The PIF had to spend $1bn to facilitate the £305m Newcastle United deal they worked 18 months to complete.

Yep it makes perfect sense that they’ll make a bad job of it now. 

“Just leave it lads, doesn’t matter”

:lol: ludicrous, isn’t it? It completely misses the point the PL has a higher profile than any other league worldwide, they would just buy Inter and invest the money in the squad rather than buy us as a feeder club, John Terry’s agent probably put the story out there and PIF, like you say, didn’t spend all that money and expend all that time and energy buying a club to then hand over most of the control to the minor shareholders. But hey, their owner is better because he appointed a DoF quickly 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, zico martin said:

I don't understand this recent obsession with saving pangolins tbh.  What makes their lives more important than, for example, a pig's?

good point that actually.

if a pangolin, stilton and brown sauce bap tastes anywhere near as good as their bacon counterparts I'll stop my donations immediately.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, zico martin said:

It’s to do with economies of scale. 

:rimshot:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

The magedia was out in force today with a little section on football focus about the Hallowe’en 5-1 derby win from 2010 

So they skipped the butcher's in Sunderland? Fucking Magedia splitarse wankers! 

• Haha 4

Fucking mental that they've been twatted 5-1 in a third division game. At least they enjoyed those new manager derby wins which will keep them nice and warm on those cold third division nights. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Aye it would be a serious concern for me if I was a Sunderland fan. But then judging by what I'm reading on RTG, a solid number of them occupied themselves with racially abusing people and throwing coins at kids rather than watching the match, so maybe they're not even there for the football.

At least none of them punched a police horse though.

• Like 2

On 31/10/2021 at 01:14, Howmanheyman said:

:lol: They could've just put 'potential upset?' or something but couldn't even be arsed to do that. Magedia cunts. FTM.

I’d have put ‘Pony’

• Haha 1

On 29/10/2021 at 18:42, thebrokendoll said:

@The Fish.....

just out of mild curiosity mate, popped over to rtg for one of me rare visits, I tend to find their angst quite therapeutic if I've had a shit day at work, why do you bother wasting your time and energy trying to reason with the unreasonable?

:)

It's an active board filled with people who are wrong. I enjoy swimming against the tide.

Im here only to point out that the nufc thread on rtg has 11,000 posts on it in 2 weeks. yes. really. I think they must have reached peak mania right now, imagine if we actually won some games

Edited by 247
  • Haha 2

Jesus that’s a lot :lol: 

I suppose there’s not much league one football on Telly so they need something to talk about and it may as well

be the big club up the road B) 

• Like 2