mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

They need to win 14 out of 30 games and they'll probably stop up, no doubt they'll draw some which will be a big problem if those draws come more from the 14 wins than the 16 losses if you catch my drift?

17 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Why does everyone seem so sure they’ll survive? They’re bottom for a reason 

They could easily go down but I just think they have a decent chance of staying up because they are only a couple of good results away from climbing out the relegation zone. A lot depends who they get in as the next manager though. Fuck that up and they're in big bother

52 minutes ago, Alex said:

They could easily go down but I just think they have a decent chance of staying up because they are only a couple of good results away from climbing out the relegation zone. A lot depends who they get in as the next manager though. Fuck that up and they're in big bother

FFS! climb out their hoops man!

18 hours ago, Tom said:

The funniest thing about Wee Phillie is that he isn't even from the region :lol: 

And it could translate as 'young lass' which is an association you'd think they'd seek to avoid.

19 hours ago, Tom said:

The funniest thing about Wee Phillie is that he isn't even from the region :lol: 

I'd just assumed he was a Mackem by his gormless look, attire and FTM he has across his gear. 

i think they've got about as much chance of staying up as they have going down. without getting the manager job spot on and some shrewd investment in january, they could be fucked

43 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i think they've got about as much chance of staying up as they have going down. without getting the manager job spot on and some shrewd investment in january, they could be fucked

Perhaps that's why I'm more confident of them avoiding relegation; I'm expecting the next manager to sort out their defence.

Get the wrong guy and they're definitely fucked.

I'm not that convinced some average at best manager will have the ability to sort our their defence tbh.  Any thought that they are going to get a good manager is pie in the sky unless by some miracle they appoint Ball or ratboy and they turn out to be something unexpected.  Other than those two the choices are very limited for them and they have players like O'Shea who's playing walking football these days, Kone who is desperate to get away or Jones who is just plain awful.

I still look at the starting 11's they are putting out and with how close they actually are those above them, I think they are far from done for if someone can motivate them.  

1 minute ago, David Kelly said:

I'm not that convinced some average at best manager will have the ability to sort our their defence tbh.  Any thought that they are going to get a good manager is pie in the sky unless by some miracle they appoint Ball or ratboy and they turn out to be something unexpected.  Other than those two the choices are very limited for them and they have players like O'Shea who's playing walking football these days, Kone who is desperate to get away or Jones who is just plain awful.

I still look at the starting 11's they are putting out and with how close they actually are those above them, I think they are far from done for if someone can motivate them.  

If some fire and brimstone-type can bully some performances out of them they should improve enough to stay in the 2nd flight, their defending under Grayson has been so poor that a return to the mean should see them survive imo.

Not because they're a good Championship side, just that there are enough teams who're even worse.

All that said, that they're even in the relegation conversation is fucking hilarious.

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

If some fire and brimstone-type can bully some performances out of them they should improve enough to stay in the 2nd flight, their defending under Grayson has been so poor that a return to the mean should see them survive imo.

Not because they're a good Championship side, just that there are enough teams who're even worse.

All that said, that they're even in the relegation conversation is fucking hilarious.

Aye it's possible that they could get a manager to do that.  I just doubt it would be done by improving their defence.  Other than maybe just improving their attitudes.  Mind you, from the outside there seems to be something very wrong going on inside that club and I'm not sure even a good manager that the players believed in (ie the type they won't be getting) would be able to fix that.

7 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Aye it's possible that they could get a manager to do that.  I just doubt it would be done by improving their defence.  Other than maybe just improving their attitudes.  Mind you, from the outside there seems to be something very wrong going on inside that club and I'm not sure even a good manager that the players believed in (ie the type they won't be getting) would be able to fix that.

I think there's something to this like. And while they aren't absolute shite in Championship terms, they're lacking in quality enough that, without putting a shiift in, most teams will beat them by default.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I think there's something to this like. And while they aren't absolute shite in Championship terms, they're lacking in quality enough that, without putting a shiift in, most teams will beat them by default.

Watched the last half an hour or so yesterday and, while it may have been because they were 1-0 down, they looked like they were just waiting for the final whistle to blow so they could fuck off home. There was absolutely zero quality but it seems like their confidence is completely battered to the point where the opposition just need to score first to win. Or maybe they just couldn't give two fucks. Still, Phil Neville will sort it.

This thread caught my eye from as an example of how desperate they are to pull us down somehow :lol:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/mag-callers-on-totalsport.1401416/

"We've been lucky and should be bottom 3"

"One of them wanted to sack Rafa and thinks they should get Conte because their strip is like Juventus' "

FFS :lol:

4 hours ago, Rayvin said:

This thread caught my eye from as an example of how desperate they are to pull us down somehow :lol:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/mag-callers-on-totalsport.1401416/

"We've been lucky and should be bottom 3"

"One of them wanted to sack Rafa and thinks they should get Conte because their strip is like Juventus' "

FFS :lol:

:lol: Loved that last one. Classic mag at work patter

Tbf I was listening to BBC Newcastle after the Bournemouth match and someone called up to play hell that the commentators were calling Joselu, Hoselu.

He asked them 5 times, aggressively, whether Phil Hones played for Manchester United :lol:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Tbf I was listening to BBC Newcastle after the Bournemouth match and someone called up to play hell that the commentators were calling Joselu, Hoselu.

He asked them 5 times, aggressively, whether Phil Hones played for Manchester United :lol:

:lol: Hesus Wept

• Like 1