mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

I mean, Sunderland in the Championship is still a big step up from Aberdeen so there must be a shituation behind the scenes that he wants nowt to do with. 

We all know they're broke, but I can't imagine Aberdeen have a warchest, I wonder what else is going on?

I think it was a ploy from McInnes to get more to spend at Aberdeen. And it looks like it has worked as they've got a new shareholder pledging to put money into the club.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I think it was a ploy from McInnes to get more to spend at Aberdeen. And it looks like it has worked as they've got a new shareholder pledging to put money into the club.

Makes sense, but it's still remarkable that a manager would want to ply his trade in a league that is so unbalanced that despite finishing 2nd three years in a row they've got got pretty much no chance of winning the thing. On a personal development front, surely he's got a better chance of managing in the Premier League by taking Sunderland up, than he has of a team from the English top flight taking a punt on him? 

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Makes sense, but it's still remarkable that a manager would want to ply his trade in a league that is so unbalanced that despite finishing 2nd three years in a row they've got got pretty much no chance of winning the thing. On a personal development front, surely he's got a better chance of managing in the Premier League by taking Sunderland up, than he has of a team from the English top flight taking a punt on him? 

Maybe he asked Moyes (for example) if he should take the job and was told to steer well clear.

26 minutes ago, Alex said:

Maybe he asked Moyes (for example) if he should take the job and was told to steer well clear.

Moyes would have to stop listening to Pearl Jam and crying in a dark room first.

(couldn't think of a properly sad band)

Edited by The Fish

25 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Clearly the Sunderland job didn't entice him either. It looks like confirmation that there won't be any significant funds available for the new manager to spend.

You reckon the monies for Pickford and (likely) Kone and Ndong aren't going to be made available to the new man to rebuild a squad?

Mackems spinning it as good news because it means they are being taken over and the new owners want their own man :lol:

They haven't explained how their chief exec flying to Florida to sign up a manager fits into their delusion 

Not necessarily all of it. They're going to make big operational losses next year and that hole needs to be plugged by either transfer income or by Short. 

If they were able to raise £60m from transfers and that was handed to the manager then I would have thought that would have been tempting enough for Moyes or McInnes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Not necessarily all of it. They're going to make big operational losses next year and that hole needs to be plugged by either transfer income or by Short. 

If they were able to raise £60m from transfers and that was handed to the manager then I would have thought that would have been tempting enough for Moyes or McInnes.

Yep.

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I keep forgetting Moyes walked away, rather than getting the boot. 

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Mackems spinning it as good news because it means they are being taken over and the new owners want their own man :lol:

They haven't explained how their chief exec flying to Florida to sign up a manager fits into their delusion 

:lol:

Aye I saw that, I'm not sure why a club on the verge of takeover would be trying to hire a manager and pay for his compo to get him. 

I agree with what ewerks saying, I think he must have asked for a certain level of transfer fees to build the squad and has been told that wouldn't happen so he's told them to whistle. Utter fucking shambles of a club. 

Edited by Howay

:lol: He'd have been one of the brightest up and coming managers in the game a week ago he's hopeless now though, and now they're back pining for fat Sam. 

Edited by Howay

Simon Grayson has said he isn't interested in the Sunderland job. :lol::lol:

Also, Larry Grayson is 'shutting the door' on any chance of managing Sunderland as although he's actually dead, he still wouldn't want to be seen there.