mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

:lol: :lol:
The post 92 craic is always class, as they don't even bother to consider peoples ages in it. Yelling at lads who are 24 that they're 92 bandwagon jumpers, when could they support NUFC before 1992? :lol:. It's also another of their circular arguments, it's funny because Keegan failed, but the mags only have so much support because of the Keegan years... As if we've been a fucking blast to support since the Keegan and Robson eras ffs.

Seyn a pewya puppet mag with the full kit on today in the Metrocentre. Propa poest 92er with 'Rafa' on the back. Ah had me lads shirt on and a stowen island belt on me crosshatch jeynes. Ah give him a lewk and al the cunt could do was stick his tongue out at iz then ask his mam for a McDonald's. When ah wuz 8 ah'd a propa gave a mag lowads of fucking grief but this kid didan want to knar. Soft shite mag. FTM.

:lol:

It's been nice seeing the football world come together for this little Bradley lad. Some cracking memories for his parents to hold on to as well. He's off to the BBC SPOTYA too

I understand he's been told that treatment is no longer an option and he's likely to only survive another 2-3 months. Awful news.

Not being a cunt but I wonder what happens with the £700k that's been raised for him if they aren't going down the treatment route anymore. I don't begrudge the family it but it would be nice for some of it to go back into charity

Aye that's good news, nice that the money will go on to help others. Sad story this but it's genuinely nice to see people making an effort within the footballing community.

Also nice to hear that Rio Ferdinand is donating that much money to so many children. He's gone up in my estimation of him.

Edited by Rayvin

£700,000 divided by X amount of millionaire footballers at SAFC = not much per millionaire footballer at SAFC.Not forgetting Everton FC donated £200,000.Millionaire footballers,soon to be in the media giving out presents at a local hospital,not paid for by themselves but donated by their clubs.

You sad, bitter, little nonentity

What the f*ck is this "for a change" sh*te? We've only been bottom at Christmas once in the last ten years and we still survived.

What is with so called fans having a dig at the team, constantly and trying to make us look far worse than we are.  :rolleyes:

I'm in my fifties and we're in the best state of health we've been in, in my lifetime as far as surviving in the top league goes.

I know there'll be a desire to try and be positive, but didn't Reid & Bruce both have them in a much better state?

I know there'll be a desire to try and be positive, but didn't Reid & Bruce both have them in a much better state?

Consecutive 7th places but only in a spell of 4 years in the top flight.  He's right that this 10 years in the top division isn't something they've achieved since the 40s/50s.

I wouldn't make the case that Newcastle were better off with Pardew than we are with Benitez by virtue of finishing in the upper echelons once.

That said, I was talking to the mackem season ticket holder who sits opposite me at work yesterday about how lucky they've been when getting 40 points or less to only be relegated 3/10 times.  We've been relegated 2/3 of the times that we've got 400 points or less, more than twice as frequently.

C0G6VpQXUAAsyNG.jpg

The argument there I suppose would be that despite everything, Sunderland have superior 'season management' and do just enough to survive rather than look at the overall points tally.

That implies they're there by design, which they're definitely not. What it says to me, is that their squad is more often than not made up of hard working but limited players who, when the chips are down, pull together and get themselves into a position that might be enough to survive. 

Look at the years that they finished around 17th, compare their points tally to those of the relegated sides, sunderland are rarely comfortably clear, there's usually only a couple of points in it, which is as much about the failure of the other teams to perform when it comes to the crunch.

Which literally just made me wonder if Leicester's remarkable title win was helped by having limited players pulling together in a fashion not too dissimilar from how they did when they dragged themselves to safety the year before?

You could argue Chelsea won the CL that way too. Probably about right.

It's a similar siege mentality, one that Mourinho has failed to really perfect again.

Even if they do get relegated this season, they'll have done it the classy way. No one calling anyone a "cous cous nonce" and no one putting his hands down a 15 year old's kegs. And for that they deserve maximum respect.