mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

I disagree. To me they're doing it out of necessity. The players of course will want to be well compensated in return for joining such a shit club in the north east with the threat of relegation perenially hanging over them. But I don't think that you can describe the club's actions as greedy. Their aim every season is purely to survive in the PL.

Why? If they're not going to be ambitious and competitive, what other reason would they have for 'just surviving' other than greed? Unless perhaps you're thinking that they were once ambitious, realised they couldn't manage it, and now have to stay in the PL to avoid financial armageddon.

They've never had ambition but with their wage bill, debt and reliance on PL prize/TV money they really are fucked if they don't stay in the PL. Relegation would be a disaster for them which is why they are stuck in the vicious cycle of spending and sacking to survive.

But you don't think they'll do a Leeds because (as you rightly assert) their debt is with their owner. So if they go down, what is the likely scenario? That they downgrade as a club to the point where they become run of the mill Championship cannon fodder?

I'm not sure if their fans have the will to demand a rebirth, being a Premier League club (even if it's in name only) seems to be enough for the majority of Sunderland fans. Some on RTG genuinely said before their loss to Chelsea "This is what it's all about, playing the best teams in the world". Now, I've enjoyed watching us go toe-to-toe with Ferguson's Man Utd, Wenger's Arsenal and Mourinho's Chelsea, but the point wasn't to stare wide-eyed as the superstars roll into town, it was to compete. They genuinely seemed to be delighted that little old Sunderland got to play hosts to the Big Boys. Like Burton Albion are doing for us this weekend.

Going forward, the best thing for them is to draw on their decent record of producing young players, stick with a manager like Moyes, and build an identity that isn't the "turd that won't flush". But that is most likely going to come at the cost of their Premier League.

And they aren't going bust. The majority of their debt is owed to their billionaire owner who isn't going to pull the plug any time soon.

I think they might. If by March they stand no chance or remaining in the PL, Short can call in tye administrators and avoid the point deduction from being rolled over. Being in administration will let them have reduced HMRC payments and allow him to access more of his cash than he stands to get if he was to try and sell them at theoir current price plus debt.

They're bottom of the PL, (again). They're managed by a well paid manager who they thought was going to be great but they now think he's shit, (again). They've just found out their club is on the bones of it arse, there's no money to spend and their owner is trying to get the fuck out of there. What would you post about in these circumstances? Hmmnnn.....?

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/mike-ashley-has-run-rings-around-the-mags.1308315/

:lol: :lol:

Oh, we apparently love Mike Ashley as well, now.

They're bottom of the PL, (again). They're managed by a well paid manager who they thought was going to be great but they now think he's shit, (again). They've just found out their club is on the bones of it arse, there's no money to spend and their owner is trying to get the fuck out of there. What would you post about in these circumstances? Hmmnnn.....?

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/mike-ashley-has-run-rings-around-the-mags.1308315/

:lol: :lol:

Oh, we apparently love Mike Ashley as well, now.

Yeah it's weird, just because we're not protesting doesn't mean we suddenly like Ashley ffs. I still think he's a complete and utter cunt and don't want him anywhere near the club, the thing is those protests arguably helped us get a manager of Rafa's calibre in and we're now all getting to watch enjoyable football and win games. .

It all goes back to the fact you're paying money to watch football and be entertained, is getting drubbed in the Premier League better than winning in the Championship? I think the answer to that is clear. There were protests because we had a manager most couldn't stand, were playing horrific football, there was no enjoyment going to games and watching us lose by 4 or more, weren't spending money in the transfer market until their hands were forced by threat of relegation, in the aftermath of them we now have a manager we all like, there's a positive mood around the team, we've got the makings of a decent side, are buying players (in fact getting abuse for our spending), winning games playing some good football. I don't think the protests caused this, I think it was just down to timing and luck (of Rafa's agent giving them a call) but why would we protest now? the fans are being entertained and nothing is getting derailed by Ashley so far so what is there to protest exactly? relegation? that's done now and honestly we're better for it. They are seriously an odd fucking bunch and I can't help but feel they're just ignoring the facts.

I particularly enjoy the posts that we are puppets and they aren't, erm okay, so who are the fan base that railed against the ownership and (again arguably) helped force change? and now who are the fan base that are refusing to protest despite massive disagreement with the direction of the club and continue to turn up to games before meekly walking off home when they start to lose? 

Edited by Howay

Aye, the puppet dig is a fucking joke. Honestly, I don't think as a support we're as militant as we could be but we're head and shoulders above most and light years ahead of them fuckers. Most things we tend to make a big deal about isn't the type of thing you see these fannies on arsenal TV moaning about, either. On the other hand, you've got a supporter base that are happy for permanent mediocrity as long as they can beat the mags and won't lift a fucking finger to do anything constructive to help their club in the long term as, first and foremost, they're lazy cunts, lazy by inaction and secondly, too fucking dopey to have any strategy or plans. Thirdly, they hide their laziness, lack of willpower and brains behind a 'it's what the mags would do' mantra which is outright fudging it or outright being genuinely thick as fuck.

Aye, the puppet dig is a fucking joke. Honestly, I don't think as a support we're as militant as we could be but we're head and shoulders above most and light years ahead of them fuckers. Most things we tend to make a big deal about isn't the type of thing you see these fannies on arsenal TV moaning about, either. On the other hand, you've got a supporter base that are happy for permanent mediocrity as long as they can beat the mags and won't lift a fucking finger to do anything constructive to help their club in the long term as, first and foremost, they're lazy cunts, lazy by inaction and secondly, too fucking dopey to have any strategy or plans. Thirdly, they hide their laziness, lack of willpower and brains behind a 'it's what the mags would do' mantra which is outright fudging it or outright being genuinely thick as fuck.

Spot on. The whole "divvint do that because them maggie bastards do that" is ridiculous, this obsession with wanting to be perceived as loyal, 'classy', fans is laughable and makes them exactly what they're bizarrely levelling at us, puppets. The end result is their fans are still seen pouring out of the stadium every game after their lot concede a game killing goal but the difference is there's no organization to it and they'd all remain if they were winning, no change or action will ever be forced by that.

I honestly think they're more jaded than we were even at our lowest ebb as they've been dogshit for the entire PL era (save for a few year under Reid) as well as for the majority of time before that and that is the reason for this inaction on their part which as you rightly say is disguised by the "don't be a mag". They finished 1 point above one of the worst sides any of us have seen us have in modern times yet they were genuinely thrilled and saw a bright future, it's staggering that a fan base like that could claim any others are puppets.

They focus that anger and jadedness on us rather than directing it towards the club, as I've said before we never heard the end of stuff like "you're irrelevant to us now" even in that thread you linked they're saying stuff like "they're neighbours not rivals, rivals are teams we're actually competing against", you can't keep saying a team doesn't matter to you while keeping an eye out for their results, standings, having threads about how far off teams are from them, and trying to break down the psychology of the fanbase is and how they feel towards the ownership. We've seen absolutely no slow down in the amount of threads they have about us on there.

I also have no doubt whatsoever they'd be far less frustrated by their current team if we were languishing in mid-table rather than sitting top. 

I think they might. If by March they stand no chance or remaining in the PL, Short can call in tye administrators and avoid the point deduction from being rolled over. Being in administration will let them have reduced HMRC payments and allow him to access more of his cash than he stands to get if he was to try and sell them at theoir current price plus debt.

They don't owe massive amounts to HMRC. I don't see how going into administration would possibly see him recoup more money than if he were to sell up for a reasonable price.

Saw an MLF walking through the metrocentre today with his retro shirt on, a lifting pair of jeans with some fucking chain going out of one pocket to another, a shit beard and a wooly hat and what I assumed was his lass till I got a proper look at her, it could only have been his mother as she was about late fifties.

Who needs a 'mag at work' tale when you can have an MLF, (Mammy's Little Fuckwit), at Metrocentre one instead?

:lol: They love the metro centre like, they intentionally wear their mackem tops as well to make some sort of statement or to claim it as theirs. It's pathetic really, I know you do see people in toon tops but the volume of mackem tops in comparison is noticeable and always has been.  

Ower lass asked iz for some new claiz for ah Weightwatchers Christmas Binge Night in Boldon- got ah three pairs of jeggings, two hoodies ind a pair of 'air scrunchies foh £9.98 from Jayuh D Sports.

Shiz not beyn this 'appy since Sheyrah missed the penalty, Marra !

FTM

Seyn a pewya puppet mag with the full kit on today in the Metrocentre. Propa poest 92er with 'Rafa' on the back. Ah had me lads shirt on and a stowen island belt on me crosshatch jeynes. Ah give him a lewk and al the cunt could do was stick his tongue out at iz then ask his mam for a McDonald's. When ah wuz 8 ah'd a propa gave a mag lowads of fucking grief but this kid didan want to knar. Soft shite mag. FTM.