mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

:lol: So it's likely to be Allardyce and Neville? Fucking hell man, that's the last of me bothering with England for a while. What the fuck is the point in that? Neville has been a part in all of Hodgson's utter failure of a tenure as well as going out on his own to a pretty strong Valencia team and struggling to get any wins (he might have got 1 or 2 but his record was fucking pathetic). It's not even worth discussing how shit Allardyce is as a manager, it's a miracle he's still in the PL let alone on the verge of being England manager.

If I was a sane Sunderland fan I'd think this was an opportunity to get someone decent in. People should take note of any allardyce fans in the media/pundits etc blowing smoke up his arse because it's going to be a wake up call for them all if he gets the England job.

Why are they so upset about this, that's what I don't get. Allardyce did no better last season than their previous 8 or so managers. His track record is dire and they played shit football.

That said it is a mystery from the FA. Didn't one of them come out recently and say that they didn't know very much about football at all though?

Why are they so upset about this, that's what I don't get. Allardyce did no better last season than their previous 8 or so managers. His track record is dire and they played shit football.

That said it is a mystery from the FA. Didn't one of them come out recently and say that they didn't know very much about football at all though?

In the context of who came before him, he'll seem like Sun Tzu.

I can't quite believe that they are giving the job to someone that nearly got his team relegated last season

Someone on talk sport last night was talking about how he signed Okocha which proves he's not just all about the long ball game. He forgot to mention that was 14!!!! Years ago :lol:

Although on the plus side the Mackems have another pre season ruined, another squad full of players bought by another manager and no one to lead recruitment ahead of the new season

Some of the names being put forward on RTG ... :lol:

Some of the names being put forward on RTG ... :lol:

A'd tak Pellegreeyneey.

Genuine quote btw. It's great watching them gradually moderate their expectations as reality sets in though.

From Phil Brown to Pellegrini :lol:

I know some of the names put forward are jokes, but years of dross seems to have blinded the mackems to a whole world of options.

I know some of the names put forward are jokes, but years of dross seems to have blinded the mackems to a whole world of options.

Bring McCarthy back, try and beat the lowest point total, I'll send his lass some flowers meself

Have they not sent Mrs Big Sam any flowers yet.Hippo Heed is totally taking the piss out of them.He was probably flown back from Austria to his interview at the FA at the makems expense.I'd love to think the FA will fuck about for a few weeks before appointing the new manager because i cannot see anyone signing for the makems without knowing which manager they are signing for.The gift that keeps giving.

Sunderland Club Statement;

The Football Association contacted Sunderland AFC to seek permission to speak with our manager as part of what was supposed to be a confidential discussion process with potential candidates for the position of England manager.

At Sam Allardyce’s request, we agreed to this.

Sam is very much key to our plans. After what was an extremely challenging season, we are keen to see a period of stability, both on and off the field, and we want him to remain as manager of our football club.

The ongoing speculation over Sam’s position is extremely damaging to Sunderland AFC, particularly at this crucial time of the season and we urge the FA to respect the disruption that this process is causing and bring about a swift resolution to the matter.

If they've asked to talk to him and he's asked to talk to them, surely he's gone?