mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

• 2 weeks later...

Do they genuinely not think we are the best side in the division? I get that they hate us but it shows how fucking pathetic they are if their dislike completely warps their rationality and sees them set themselves up for embarrassment by all acting like we will be shit.

We will win the league and it'll be class, people say Villa are our biggest threat, we were 20 points above them last season and have spent 25m already making the side better.

Do they genuinely not think we are the best side in the division? I get that they hate us but it shows how fucking pathetic they are if their dislike completely warps their rationality and sees them set themselves up for embarrassment by all acting like we will be shit.

We will win the league and it'll be class, people say Villa are our biggest threat, we were 20 points above them last season and have spent 25m already making the side better.

They just make up random shit that we've apparently said and they all just seem to buy it, repeat themselves enough times that it becomes true

Apparently we are going over the top with signing Gayle and how good he's going to be, how? They don't seem to understand that chronicle is a newspaper there to sell paper it's not like Newcastle fans are writing this stuff

How can grown ups not know the difference? If I read some shit in the Sunderland echo does that mean every Sunderland believes that shit?

I've not seen much of Gayle at all tbh and the reaction on here was quite muted. I'm glad we have bought a striker that offers a different threat to Mitro but I'm definitely happier with bringing Ritchie in, a player they all saw as being a very good PL level player 2 days ago

'I hardly think the Chronicle will consider themselves 'fallen' in any way if Newcastle don't walk the championship.

People on here are making out that it's Newcastle fans that are bragging about next season , when it's actually other teams fans saying it , being quoted by a newspaper - nowt to do with Newcastle fans.

It's not hard ............................ to anyone with any intelligence.'

From a Middlesbrough fan but they just won't listen will they? Thick as pig shit

We're hoping Gayle and Ritchie are decent signings but not surprisingly the makems know they are shit signings.The makems must be experts on every player in world football,even players they have hardly seen play .Every player they sign,of course,will be superb signings,with the players turning down Barca and Real Madrid to sign for them.

They just make up random shit that we've apparently said and they all just seem to buy it, repeat themselves enough times that it becomes true

Apparently we are going over the top with signing Gayle and how good he's going to be, how? They don't seem to understand that chronicle is a newspaper there to sell paper it's not like Newcastle fans are writing this stuff

How can grown ups not know the difference? If I read some shit in the Sunderland echo does that mean every Sunderland believes that shit?

A lot of the stuff they buy into is a self-perpetuating confirmation of their bias. They go onto RTG with a pre-conceived idea of Newcastle fans, and then are flooded with stories of the Mag at Work and the like. A cartoonish character who is overweight, illiterate, arrogant, devoid of humour, and unattractive.

Every other post about us is a strawman; "They reckon Gayle will be the next Jackie Milburn man!" I was honestly accused of "giving it the biggun" when I said Gayle was a solid addition. :lol:

Mind you when someone like the "True Geordie" conforms to one or all of their stereotype it's taken as irrefutable proof that all their suspicions are accurate. When Lee Ryder embarrasses himself a lot seem to think he's the mouthpiece of the Newcastle fanbase.

There's a few decent mackems on there, but honestly, the overwhelming majority of them are simply incapable of having a conversation without lamely trying to have a dig. I think I was talking to a Leicester fan on there and the replies from the mackems were mostly 'why are you talking to a fat geordie, he's not even in the big league any more' or similar. :lol:

I think all Howay is trying to say there is that Newcastle can offer the better wages than most clubs in the championship so Newcastle have the better chance of attracting the better players

But that's the same for Aston Villa etc too, its almost as if they've taken his comment, blown it out of proportion to fit an agenda

A lot of the stuff they buy into is a self-perpetuating confirmation of their bias. They go onto RTG with a pre-conceived idea of Newcastle fans, and then are flooded with stories of the Mag at Work and the like. A cartoonish character who is overweight, illiterate, arrogant, devoid of humour, and unattractive.

Every other post about us is a strawman; "They reckon Gayle will be the next Jackie Milburn man!" I was honestly accused of "giving it the biggun" when I said Gayle was a solid addition. :lol:

Mind you when someone like the "True Geordie" conforms to one or all of their stereotype it's taken as irrefutable proof that all their suspicions are accurate. When Lee Ryder embarrasses himself a lot seem to think he's the mouthpiece of the Newcastle fanbase.

There's a few decent mackems on there, but honestly, the overwhelming majority of them are simply incapable of having a conversation without lamely trying to have a dig. I think I was talking to a Leicester fan on there and the replies from the mackems were mostly 'why are you talking to a fat geordie, he's not even in the big league any more' or similar. :lol:

15gfn1h.jpg

My Portrait of ''Mag At Work'' (2011, Photoshop on Canvas)

:lol: Surprised it took them that long to bite, I'm 100% correct when talking about being the biggest draw in the Championship though only a total divvie would think otherwise.

I do know a lot of players would pick Prem football regardless (as Townsend has shown) but we have already shown we can attract players down a division with Ritchie and Gayle both dropping, they can say it's for money or whatever but the fact is it has happened. The mackems can keep saying deluded but tbh it's hardly us saying we will do a Leicester as a certain other fan base have threads about...

:lol: Surprised it took them that long to bite, I'm 100% correct when talking about being the biggest draw in the Championship though only a total divvie would think otherwise.

I do know a lot of players would pick Prem football regardless (as Townsend has shown) but we have already shown we can attract players down a division with Ritchie and Gayle both dropping, they can say it's for money or whatever but the fact is it has happened. The mackems can keep saying deluded but tbh it's hardly us saying we will do a Leicester as a certain other fan base have threads about...

Gayle dropped down mainly because he struggled to get in a Prem team tbf but Ritchie basically played every game for Bournemouth last year. I was surprised we got him