mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Just saw this one:

"I saw this point made elsewhere a couple of days ago: Say that Newcastle get to the last game of the season and they need a win to stay up. But in the meantime, Rafa has become completely disillusioned with the fans, and they have been dressing up as Arabs on buses, and Rafa-oot.com is racking up thousands of hits a day. He gets a better job offer for next season on good money, but it is dependent on him being released from his Newcastle contract, otherwise a big chunk of his package is going to be be needed to compensate Newcastle. Isn't it going to potentially save him a huge amount of money if he sends Newcastle down and triggers the release clause? Towards the end of the season would it not start to be in his interests for Newcastle to be relegated?

It strikes me that Newcastle is one of the few clubs in recent times where managers and the chairman have been actively looking for a way out rather than waiting to be sacked. This is another reason why I think it is so important we get a victory on the weekend. A lot of them will have been quietly seething at losing to Leicester because they are a side that has effectively taken the slot that they believe they should be occupying. If they lost to us on the weekend, it could potentially be a one-two punch that would leave Rafa with very little time to come up with a fan winning result. If he gets 4 or 5 games in and he is seeing the ugly side of the fans, maybe he will be starting to think "I need a way out of here" and losses may become more appealing than victories. It is not like a bad run there is going to harm his reputation that much. It is regarded as a basket case club by many. It certainly will not hurt his reputation in Spain, they will know what happened to Bobby Robson there."

Renton said in the other thread that they seem to have completely forgotten how shit they are as well and I think this post shows it. The way this bloke is weirdly going on about some ridiculous hypothetical acts like their club is not a complete and utter mess as well, he's a fan of a club that played a nonce and had a bloke that is now charged with two rapes on the books, they've had a new manager every year for the last four years relying on that new manager bounce to save them from relegation each season, the way he goes on you'd think they were a stable club :lol:.

Edited by Howay

Aye I mentioned before about this mackem lad that was out at the weekend. He would not shut up about how "Beneeytez ees a good manager, but weyll beat yers. We aalwus deey. Yers are gaan dehwn cos your team's terrible."

No recognition at all of the fact that they're only one point ahead. You would have thought they were top 8 and comfortable the way he was talking.

Anyway he might well be right but they're definitely very confident at the minute.

Aye I mentioned before about this mackem lad that was out at the weekend. He would not shut up about how "Beneeytez ees a good manager, but weyll beat yers. We aalwus deey. Yers are gaan dehwn cos your team's terrible."

No recognition at all of the fact that they're only one point ahead. You would have thought they were top 8 and comfortable the way he was talking.

Anyway he might well be right but they're definitely very confident at the minute.

:lol: It's bizarre like, the 'we always beat yous' craic is mental as well considering it has only been the last 3 years. It's almost as ridiculous as that shite some pundits are coming out with about how we should have got a bloke like Pearson who has experienced relegation fights rather than Benitez who is used to being up the other end of the table, you need wins whether you're scrapping relegation or trying to come top 4 and Benitez is a better bet for those wins.

As I say they're right that we're shit and struggle to score but their kidding themselves if they think they are any better.

Edited by Howay

It's unbelievable how much they over rate big Sam. We've had Steve fucking McClaren all season and there still ONLY one point above us.

Yes, they had Advocaat for about 8 games up they begged him to stay. They apparently have a much better squad and manager than us but the table says differently really when it's only one point.

God I hope we can shut these bastards up

They keep on banging on about their form too, they've won one game out of the last 8, less than us. Aye, they've also had a few draws but draws won't keep you up.

I can see there previous record the last 3 years in derbies and relegation battles has been excellent, and that's what gives them confidence. But if you use your head a sunderland win is far from certain. The bookies have us as clear favourites and I wouldn't go against that.

I thought we was the deluded ones? There manager is that amazing, and there players are that good that there a point above relegation :lol:

Oh Pirlo, I'm sorry, I've let it go as much as I can but this is asking me too much. I'm only human.

I thought we were the deluded ones. Their manager is that amazing, and their players are that good that they're a point above relegation :lol:

Ffs :lol:

I tried man, I really tried, but sometimes I just can't ignore it any longer and you're not a lost cause like essembee.

j28AWmsRz6-2.png

People who care about proper English = titans of business, scientists, Stephen Fry, Alan Rickman (rest in peace), all the people you think are interesting and entertaining

People who don't care about proper English = the orcs from Geordie Shore, Rednecks, mackems, the French and essembee

Whose company would you rather keep?

People who care about proper English = titans of business, scientists, Stephen Fry, Alan Rickman (rest in peace), all the people you think are interesting and entertaining

People who don't care about proper English = the orcs from Geordie Shore, Rednecks, mackems, the French and essembee

You threw essembee in their just to make sure didn't you?

You are not very keen on full stops .