mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

You have to love them having a pop at the Newcastle fan on there for posting on their board whilst completely missing the irony when they have a dedicated match thread every time we play.

You have to love them having a pop at the Newcastle fan on there for posting on their board whilst completely missing the irony when they have a dedicated match thread every time we play.

The standard response to someone pointing that out, is that they only have a match thread because it's on tv and would do the same for Everton v Spurs (or whomever).

I like page seven of their match thread for our game, where they take exception to Newcastle fans singing about Johnson. On page 7 of their 30 page thread they accuse us of obsession.

fwiw I wish we wouldn't sing songs about them if we're not playing them, but noise is better than nowt.

All teams sing songs about their rivals so I don't see anything wrong with it (unless you have a particular problem with specific songs about alledged paedo's). As long as that's not your whole song repetoire (which there has been times when it seems like that with them) it's just part of football for me.

All teams sing songs about their rivals so I don't see anything wrong with it (unless you have a particular problem with specific songs about alledged paedo's). As long as that's not your whole song repetoire (which there has been times when it seems like that with them) it's just part of football for me.

Part of the issue for me. It's become a staple like "Toon Toon", "N and an E and a Wubble U C". We shouldn't be singing about the arseholes down the road more than we are our own players.

Mbemba's the only one with a chant these days (we've understandably dropped the Colo chant). We don't even sing anti-Ashley songs anymore.

Part of the issue for me. It's become a staple like "Toon Toon", "N and an E and a Wubble U C". We shouldn't be singing about the arseholes down the road more than we are our own players.

Mbemba's the only one with a chant these days (we've understandably dropped the Colo chant). We don't even sing anti-Ashley songs anymore.

I agree in principle but when you have a team full of gutless wankers playing for you it's difficult to get people to chant their names. Songs about our rivals certainly shouldn't be our main hymn sheet though that's for sure.

I like page seven of their match thread for our game, where they take exception to Newcastle fans singing about Johnson. On page 7 of their 30 page thread they accuse us of obsession.

fwiw I wish we wouldn't sing songs about them if we're not playing them, but noise is better than nowt.

Coming from fans who constantly remark FTM as they haven't got their own slogan for their club as they're that obsessed about us :lol:

As expected some sad makems are rejoicing at the death of Jimmy Hill.Expect any minutes silence for him to be interrupted by the best fans in the world

:lol: :lol:

I'd completely forgotten about the SAFC link. Good to know you've got our backs, Essembee! :good:

Had a pop on RTG, not long been announced and so far 170 replies, a few saying RIP and pleading to 'stay classy', some not having any of that RIP shit, one calling someone a Mag and another linking Hill's death with the 17th min applause at our games. (And that's just the first two pages I could be arsed to look at) :lol:

Edited by Howmanheyman

What's the craic with some of them hating Jimmy Hill? I heard something about him purposefully not trying to attack so he could keep a draw that would send SAFC down in the 70s or something like that. But why do they hate him?

What's the craic with some of them hating Jimmy Hill? I heard something about him purposefully not trying to attack so he could keep a draw that would send SAFC down in the 70s or something like that. But why do they hate him?

He was the grandmaster and founding father of the Magedia.