mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

:lol:

Penshaw Monument always cracks me up, it's on their fucking club badge as well as if to signify Roman history or something when in reality it was built in the mid 1800's.

Aye, appropriately enough, it's a folly :lol:

And this 'lads fan' shit. :lol: :lol:

I just picture Bo Selectas Elton John saying the phrase every time I read the phrase on RTG.

:lol: :lol:

As if some bloke in Rotterdam is watching that tragic Sunderland side as well as watching Sparta.

It wasn't, St.Paul"s in Jarrow was.

Expert knowledge needed to settle this, I reckon-@@Renton

But....

Evidence of stained glass windows in churches and monasteries in Britain can be found as early as the 7th century. The earliest known reference dates from 675 AD when Benedict Biscop imported workmen from France to glaze the windows of the monastery of St Peter which he was building at Monkwearmouth.

But....

Evidence of stained glass windows in churches and monasteries in Britain can be found as early as the 7th century. The earliest known reference dates from 675 AD when Benedict Biscop imported workmen from France to glaze the windows of the monastery of St Peter which he was building at Monkwearmouth.

Benedict Biscop.....massive lads fan. Was celibate until the sight of eleven fannies in red & white made him give up his vow to God and worship Rewban Agboola and Marco instead. "

"Manchester United. One of the biggest clubs in the world, Martin Edward's granda moved down to Salford from Shildon, massive lads fan. Made them change from green and yellow halves to red, white and black. Rest is history, Marra."

@@Monkeys Fist - If it was St. Peters church (near Stadium of Light / University building) , it may well be. Ah bugger, someone else has posted it :/

St Peters is very historic, I think the oldest settlement of man in the UK was also found very close to the site on the coast - shame that the people there haven't moved on much.

Edited by scoobos

"Manchester United. One of the biggest clubs in the world, Martin Edward's granda moved down to Salford from Shildon, massive lads fan. Made them change from green and yellow halves to red, white and black. Rest is history, Marra."

"Tell you somethin marra, them Vikings that landed on Holy Island actually landed on Seaburn beach first I heard they had red and white shields, so massive lads fans it would seem. Since then all of the Nordic countries have been massive lads fans."

@@Monkeys Fist - If it was St. Peters church (near Stadium of Light / University building) , it may well be. Ah bugger, someone else has posted it :/

St Peters is very historic, I think the oldest settlement of man in the UK was also found very close to the site on the coast - shame that the people there haven't moved on much.

Amesbury is the oldest known settlement in the UK

"Tell you somethin marra, them Vikings that landed on Holy Island actually landed on Seaburn beach first I heard they had red and white shields, so massive lads fans it would seem. Since then all of the Nordic countries have been massive lads fans."

" Eeah marra, A reckon a've fouwind the original lad's fan"

66878395.xVy3969p.IMG_0783.jpg

As someone on here pointed out before, they're desperate to play the history card but they had to have a fucking vote not too long ago just to decide on an official nickname and they've only been at their stadium since the late 90s. Not to mentioned they the pilfered name for it. Only to come up with the cock and bull story about it being about the miners lamps etc.

As someone on here pointed out before, they're desperate to play the history card but they had to have a fucking vote not too long ago just to decide on an official nickname and they've only been at their stadium since the late 90s. Not to mentioned they the pilfered name for it. Only to come up with the cock and bull story about it being about the miners lamps etc.

Funny as fuck when they made the ground announcement with that bullshit and some local charva piped straight up with "that's somebody else's name mate".

I think Danny Kelly put it well, "Where the hell did Sunderland get the unmitigated gall to call their new ground The Stadium Of Light?"

I don't know from where they muster the nerve to call St James' "the landfill", when their ground is roundly mocked for it's litter strewn pitch.

Don't bother searching for pictures of "Rubbish on the pitch at Sunderland" it's just photos of our lot.

I love their bitterness about the Metro like. I know some of them are taking the piss on RTG but most of them are fucking seething about it.

What's the Metro issue?