mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

:lol: They always have to try and push it, they've beaten us in 6 derbies in a row now however despite that they've finished below us every season since we came up (trying a well just look at the table after 10 games is again ridiculous). We are shite aye and we have been for a while but despite that they've still managed to be worse (despite taking 6 points a season from us).

Bringing up a comparison of the two cities is again an example of the very 'living in our shadow' quote he is moaning about (as well as my comment about them trying to push it), Eldon square would have been the nicest thing in Sunderland and Newcastle still revamped it and modernized it. What I'm saying is they've won 6 in a row and for all we can whinge about ref's etc they've done that, so why not stick to that? why try and push it into areas where you cannot hope to win, they had to make up an intangible factor that they claimed to beat us on not too long ago (the classiness debacle :lol:).

The match yesterday gave me more hope for the next derby than I've had from any of the other ones, while not creating loads of chances we dominated the game and I'm going to give McClaren the faith that he can figure that bit out over the next six months.

On the scarf at the bottom it says "6 victories in a row over Newcastle. The pride of the North East" nice of them to refer to us as that.

Also see they have ripped off the Mackem slayer craic. It is embarrassing however it is something I could definitely see our fat wank of an owner doing too, if they start wearing that tat though then I'll be looking down on them.

Edited by Howay

Top dogs and 15 on a green shirt.I don't get that. I can honestly say when we won 5 in a row i wasn't aware we had.I only checked a few weeks ago to make sure.I would think Espanyol would celebrate in the same way if they beat Barca 6 games in a row and the same if Port Vale did the same against Stoke.Whilst they were still celebrating 5 in a row last season they lost their last game of the season,we won ours to stay up,which pissed them off,and we ended up retaining the Top Dogs trophy.The makems will now happily take relegation and with a smile of 'job done' on their faces.SMB

:lol: They always have to try and push it, they've beaten us in 6 derbies in a row now however despite that they've finished below us every season since we came up (trying a well just look at the table after 10 games is again ridiculous). We are shite aye and we have been for a while but despite that they've still managed to be worse (despite taking 6 points a season from us).

Bringing up a comparison of the two cities is again an example of the very 'living in our shadow' quote he is moaning about (as well as my comment about them trying to push it), Eldon square would have been the nicest thing in Sunderland and Newcastle still revamped it and modernized it. What I'm saying is they've won 6 in a row and for all we can whinge about ref's etc they've done that, so why not stick to that? why try and push it into areas where you cannot hope to win, they had to make up an intangible factor that they claimed to beat us on not too long ago (the classiness debacle :lol:).

The match yesterday gave me more hope for the next derby than I've had from any of the other ones, while not creating loads of chances we dominated the game and I'm going to give McClaren the faith that he can figure that bit out over the next six months.

Well said and very true. I was saying the other day that I thought them getting a couple of wins might calm them down a bit, never mind six. Fucking six derby wins on the belt and they're still frothing at the mouth with the 'deluded'* bollocks.

*One will say deluded, another will pipe in with a non-existent Mag-at-work spouting European challengers craic, another still will read that and pipe up that we think we're the 'Barcelona of the north' and they'll go round round and round in a circle getting more and more wound up by their made up drivel. :lol:

This has began to circulate around Twitter now...oh dear oh dear.

It's laughable, it's hideous and as has been already stated, Ashley's NUFC would do exactly the same. (I even thought the' Howay 5-O' was a bit cringy tbh)

Well said and very true. I was saying the other day that I thought them getting a couple of wins might calm them down a bit, never mind six. Fucking six derby wins on the belt and they're still frothing at the mouth with the 'deluded'* bollocks.

*One will say deluded, another will pipe in with a non-existent Mag-at-work spouting European challengers craic, another still will read that and pipe up that we think we're the 'Barcelona of the north' and they'll go round round and round in a circle getting more and more wound up by their made up drivel. :lol:

It's laughable, it's hideous and as has been already stated, Ashley's NUFC would do exactly the same. (I even thought the' Howay 5-O' was a bit cringy tbh)

Aye, I agree I expected they'd have knocked the deluded stuff on the head by now especially as no one has been talking about European footy for a few years now (aside from in the season we were in European competition, which I feel is a fair time to be discussing challenging for Euro spots).

The top dogs thing is far and away my personal favorite, something they coined and then got pissed off about anytime we come above them. Some of them even kept moving the goal posts on what it meant, 'we finished above the maggie cunts even though we didn't beat them. so we're top dogs FTM' then 'the barcodes may have finished above wuh but we beat them so we're top dogs FTM'. Can't even agree on what their made up title represents.

It's an odd one hoying it in there mind, what happens if they get howked 6-0 by us at SJP and then finish 10 places below us in the table. (By the way for any of our six fingered friends reading I am not saying we will win 6-0, however I remember after beating your lot 5-1 Look North asked what the result would be before the derby after that and most mackem responses were along the lines of "weyyll theyuh beat wuh 5-1 last time so ah fink weyyyulll win 6-1 this time cos wuh dead mad" so have a look closer to home next time you rant about our lot being deluded because you see a 32 year old charva who has been out of work for 32 years saying that the toon will be in the Champions League on SSN).

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/newcastles-era-of-dominance-is-long-over-and-the-mags-are-in-denial.1152522/

"Newcastle's era of dominance, in terms of football (and soon to come city wise), is firmly over (and has been a long time). It was a dominance that my generation has grew up with, its was a dominance that we have known no difference to. It sailed at its height as we heard all the crap about the "geordie nation", "the entertainers", they flourished in the champions league whilst we struggled away in the championship or got relegated persistently. There was an enormous gulf between the two clubs, and it shown. Newcastle dominated the derbies for an enormous stretch lasting from the early 1990s (despite our odd win here and then, such as the "2-1's") only firmly closing up with their last win in 2011.

However, even before their derby luck ended, their so called "superiority" over us long faded away. Despite what they tell us, there is little difference between the two clubs. They are merely clinging onto fading memories in delusions of grandeur. There is no gap. We are both struggling clubs in the premier league who have been hovering over the drop zone for a number of years now. They have not woke up to the realization that those old glory days are long gone, any good result feeds their ego quickly. The Norwich result had convinced them again in their delusions, look at their attitudes after it and in the build up to the derby. Then, the high from that result was shattered so violently in the game against us that its made them spew bile in bitterness.

They are not adjusting to their new position well. The following facts also seem to go over their heads too:

Sunderland was the last club out of the two to reach a cup final

Sunderland is the only one of the two to even feature at "New Wembley"

Newcastle was the last club out of the two be relegated

Sunderland are still the last out of the two to win a cup

Newcastle have not beat us now in 8 attempts

Six in a row

Steve McClaren's start with Newcastle was their worst since the 1920s- a "poor decision" from the ref doesn't change that.

Yet, the delusion lives on. They are better than us? What do they have to show for it? Nothing. Their day in the sun ended years ago. The idiots who say "forever in our shadow", are ironically the ones who are blind to the light. We may continue to struggle this season, but the table and the results don't lie.

At the same time, Sunderland as a city is starting to move forwards. In a few years, we will see significant differences- keel square, the new bridge, the bridges expansion, new college, the redevelopment of vaux, the redevelopment of the seafront, the redevelopment of the area around the stadium, etc (well done sunderland city council)

Despite our struggles at the club- the tide of history has truly turned. The "regime" of affairs that I grew up with is over. We should enjoy it and continue to laugh at the embarassing twats "

:spit:

Even our dominance as a city is going to end! Oh noes! :o

Fish, in your reply to the inbred you mentioned Robson took us to a couple of finals. When was this then, I must have missed it. Reminds me that the media reckon that Souness took us to a European semi-final. He didn't like.

Even our dominance as a city is going to end! Oh noes! :o

Fish, in your reply to the inbred you mentioned Robson took us to a couple of finals. When was this then, I must have missed it. Reminds me that the media reckon that Souness took us to a European semi-final. He didn't like.

Souness took us to quarters didn't he? Sporting Lisbon?

Souness took us to quarters didn't he? Sporting Lisbon?

Correct. Inexplicably I have heard both Oliver and Moncur state he reached the semi-final unchallenged in interviews. Well, explicably I suppose the brown nosers that they are.