Newcastle v Liverpool

Gene_Clark

Can I just pause to remind everyone that this friday is Good Friday, where all thoughts turn to a long haired man who died on the end of a cross.

Happy Easter, Andy ! Wahey!

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a red card offence.

Perch went down without due cause though. The only (tentative) argument I can make in Perch's favour is that by going down he probably made sure the situation came to a close. If he'd stayed on his feet the situation could have got messier, possibly resulting in Perch going too. Reina may even have gone down if Perch had stayed on his feet. Who knows.

Clearly wasn't a headbutt, clearly wasn't violent conduct, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fucking Jessie tbpf.

So what did Reina do then, in your eyes? Was he being a pal in trying to remove an errant eyelash with his forehead? Did he have a worrying looking mole that desperately needed a second opinion?

I hate that if you think X than you're Y shite. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a clown.

Perch went down without due cause though. The only (tentative) argument I can make in Perch's favour is that by going down he probably made sure the situation came to a close. If he'd stayed on his feet the situation could have got messier, possibly resulting in Perch going too. Reina may even have gone down if Perch had stayed on his feet. Who knows.

Like a game of Ring-a-ring-a-roses ?

Like a game of Ring-a-ring-a-roses ?

Exactly like that. Only you have to jump in the air, tuck in your legs and fall painfully on your side as if you've just been shot by a sniper while bouncing on a trampoline.

Here's a meltdown from RAWK somebody on N-O found.

All created by mostly members of this forum, we are the new Newcastle, I.E the laughing stock of the Premier League. This is what happens when you give fans power, they flush the club down the toilet on a epic level, fan power is the worst virus in this club, they wanted Kenny Dalglish as manager and due to the owners wanting to be liked when they first came in, they caved in like cowards. Same thing happened at Newcastle with Alan Shearer and this same forum mocked those set of fans.

No sane logical fan of this club wanted Kenny Dalglish, how on earth could you expect him to come back after so long out the game and seriously take this club on for next 10yrs etc....

It's not Kennys fault, it's not the owners, it's not even players, it's down to 90% of the "super fan" supporters of this club. In reality KD reign will be remembered alongside Roy Hodgson's reign, that is the reality whether these super fans want to admit, and the bigger reality is hes made a even worst go at it than Roy, cause Roy never wasted or had the chance to spend 100 million on what is in reality pure s****.

One must try not to have the attitude of "i told you so" at times like this, but i said at the time

Kenny being manager was a bad move

Henderson signing for 20m was ridiculous

Carrol for 35m is the worst transfer in the premier league history

This club last 12 months has made f*** up after f*** up, it is down to the majority of the fans who wanted Kenny, who wanted X amount of money to be spent just for sake of it instead of waiting for the right players.

I don't give a crap what abuse i get for this post but you all know it is right, Kenny is making Roy look like a genius. All this has all proved is what a amazing job Rafa actually did, again driven out the club by the majority of fans.

Fan power is the worst thing at this club, and sadly it will carry on as super fans will demand Kenny stays in charge until we are bottom of the league, then the players will still get the blame or maybe even the owners. Ridiculous, and whilst he is in charge im pasted caring anymore.

Carry on wearing your rose tinted glasses super fans.

Spending money for the sake of it doesn't seem to be the be all and end all.

Clearly wasn't a headbutt, clearly wasn't violent conduct, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fucking Jessie tbpf.

So what did Reina do then, in your eyes? Was he being a pal in trying to remove an errant eyelash with his forehead? Did he have a worrying looking mole that desperately needed a second opinion?

I hate that if you think X than you're Y shite. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a clown.

He was aggressively squaring up to Perch, trying to get in his face. As Perch didn't move, I think he expected him to push back when he leant in a 'locked horns' scenario, and from the angle from the side it looks like he realises this isn't going to happen and pulls it, barely making contact, if at all.

Whilst not particularly nice, it was just all bluster in the way it usually is. It obviously, obviously wasn't an attempt to strike him with his head a la Zidane.

But go ahead and view it as such through black and white glasses, while I just quietly despair at how the game is played by fairies.

I wouldn't call that a meltdown. I'd say it's a fair reflection of what has happened at their club over the last 18 months. I think he's overstating the responsibility of the fans though, the owners and Dalglish have to take a fair bit of the blame.

He was aggressively squaring up to Perch, trying to get in his face. As Perch didn't move, I think he expected him to push back when he leant in a 'locked horns' scenario, and from the angle from the side it looks like he realises this isn't going to happen and pulls it, barely making contact, if at all.

Whilst not particularly nice, it was just all bluster in the way it usually is. It obviously, obviously wasn't an attempt to strike him with his head a la Zidane.

But go ahead and view it as such through black and white glasses, while I just quietly despair at how the game is played by fairies.

So do I, but the game is what it is, no point getting all angst'd up about it.

There's no black and white glasses about it at all, by the rules of the game (as it is today) it WAS violent conduct, there is absolutely no doubt in that.

If a NUFC player did what Reina did I'd be giving him pelters for stupidity.

If my interpretation of Reina's actions is correct then how is it violent conduct exactly?

If you did it to the referee, in a similar off the ball context, you'd be sent off.

Edited by BigWalrus

I couldn't believe how feeble they were at 2-0 down, old Liverpool would've been right in your face, they gave up, they just fuckin gave up, they didn't chase they thought fuck this, they're a broken depressed team.

If I was a Liverpool supporter I would have been absolutely livid about the way that they were shifting the ball around at the back at 2-0 down as though they were protecting a lead. To me it shows that they're in denial about their current position, or are incredibly conceited making out that they don't care. Whichever way it is I hope they struggle to kick the habit, with the exception being the Cup semi-final. Wouldn't mind them being comprehensively belted in the final. There's a degree of the same denial from the supporters making out as though they'be just about already won the FA Cup.

Don't know what you were watching LuckyMagoo but even my Liverpool supporting mate admitted it was a headbutt on review. It was the replay that confirmed it without doubt. So utterly moronic from Reina, must really be regretting it.

What do people really think will happen with Liverpool/dogleesh this summer and next season? Reckon he'll still be there? If not, who do you think'd get the job?

They missed the boat with Martin O'Neill Imo.