Retro Shirts - Question

The online shop is showing new retro shirts.

Simple question is :-

Is there the large white square on the back ? for adding any squad number.

or (As I think it should be) are there just stripes ?

(The square forces you to have a number added - which I don't want to if poss.)

If anyone could let me know that would be great.

Thx

Just stripes on the back
Many and big thanks.

It might be worth having a look on TOFFS website, mate.

1533fullimage.jpg1584fullimage.jpg

Apparently they've now got the rights from NUFC to make any shirt up to the adidas range which they're not going to bother with. Had a look today and the material is virtually the same as the original which the scoredraw ones in the club shop weren't. (If you owned an original, you'll know what I mean). ITK = Expect one with Greenalls on it in the future. ;)

It may be worth mentioning that when you use the official site for numbers on a retro shirt - they use the contemporary premier league numbers.

It may be worth mentioning that when you use the official site for numbers on a retro shirt - they use the contemporary premier league numbers.

Which official site, Tom? NUFC's or TOFFS?

The top I'm tempted to get is the new '80s TOFFS ones, went in last week to have a look and the material is far better than the club one, they'd also have a plain red number if you're right? Still prob wont bother with a number.

NUFC's.

I think Toffs use plain red numbers.

And so they should - there was never a white patch on the back until the 1987/88 shirt.

If memory serves me right we had two different styles of numbers on that shirt over the 4 years we used it. Originally more blocky number types with an outline this changed to curved numbers with no outline (at least for the final season of the shirt).

I think most had the umbro logo on the bottom with a white patch made by umbro specifically for the players but not included in the shirts for sale. I'll have a look for the earlier ones.

P1040088.jpg

I think most had the umbro logo on the bottom with a white patch made by umbro specifically for the players but not included in the shirts for sale. I'll have a look for the earlier ones.

P1040088.jpg

Aye I was going to add something about the umbro logo. I think they only started appearing from 87/88 (alongside the white patch). The season before that I think the number was of the same style but without the umbro logo and white patch.

I think most had the umbro logo on the bottom with a white patch made by umbro specifically for the players but not included in the shirts for sale. I'll have a look for the earlier ones. P1040088.jpg
Aye I was going to add something about the umbro logo. I think they only started appearing from 87/88 (alongside the white patch). The season before that I think the number was of the same style but without the umbro logo and white patch.
1984- Keegan's shirt P1000515.JPG

We'd have a much better home shirt if we got red numbers back, mind. No virtually all black or all white on the back of our shirts.

Edited by Howmanheyman

Cheers Tom. :good: I'm tempted to get one of their mid eighties tops. I probably wont bother with a number.

Why not go the whole hog with the authentic 80s haircut to go with it mate? ;)

3AADD08D-A7A4-06C1-2C5566795C07DAEA.jpg

edit Joe Allon looks like hes the lead singer from Europe :lol:

Edited by PaddockLad

I think most had the umbro logo on the bottom with a white patch made by umbro specifically for the players but not included in the shirts for sale. I'll have a look for the earlier ones. P1040088.jpg
1984- Keegan's shirt P1000515.JPG

We'd have a much better home shirt if we got red numbers back, mind. No virtually all black or all white on the back of our shirts.

What a class shirt that one of Keegan's is.... :good:

E-mailed TOFFS to ask what they were going to do regarding anyone wanting numbers on the back of the 1984-6 shirt. Also added this pic......

P1000515.JPG

....... and said would it be like the original?

Just got this back.

Thanks for your e-mail. Yes we will be able to print the numbers onto this style very close to the original style with the outline on the red number. If we can do anything else to help please let us know.

(I'm thinking of asking for a discount for this free advertising I'm giving them, by the way).

;)