Players WILL be sold in the Summer - Llambias

Kid Dynamite

I've forgot more about NUFC than you know despite being at least 25 years younger than you. I guarantee you're one of these who vowed never to go to back after the sale of Super Mac then decided to come back when Keegan came in 1992. I guarantee that's a fact. People like you are spectators Souness was referring to.

First bit, probably true, but I'm not a sad "no-life outside of NUFC" thicko like you and yer old mentor. We all know you are the uber-est of uber geordie NUFC fans. The rest is bollocks.

Anyhow, how any of that supports your shite argument is beyond me.

I've asked you to show me how it totals £25.6m, and I'd also like to see how the figures beyond that detailed in yesterday journal show a net spend of £3m (including the Carroll money). You can't/won't do it.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Mark Douglas tweeting about 6 weeks ago that big changes will be made to the squad in the summer and that one of our big players could go, looks like we know where he got that from.

While I would be gutted if we lose Tiote it would lake it easier to swallow if we come away from the window with a nch stronger squad, let's not forget that while Liverpool have spent and been applauded for it they still sold £70 millions worth of players to fund it.

I've forgot more about NUFC than you know despite being at least 25 years younger than you. I guarantee you're one of these who vowed never to go to back after the sale of Super Mac then decided to come back when Keegan came in 1992. I guarantee that's a fact. People like you are spectators Souness was referring to.

and booed a team for only finishing 5th.................and will wank themselves silly at finishing 7th.

Torres was ok for them though so at the time you'd have thought they sold a decent forward. Just turned to shit when he left. They've made a shit load from sales like but have spent a shit load as well.

and booed a team for only finishing 5th.................and will wank themselves silly at finishing 7th.

Oddly, I know not a single person who booed us finishing 5th. Not one.

No denial of the wank party you've got planned for if we finish 7th though. :lol:

No denial of the wank party you've got planned for if we finish 7th though. :lol:

I'm gonna explode. EXPLODE I tell ya :bloodywank:

but it happened though........

Incidently, on the subject of Agents fees, we paid out £6.3M last year. Most was Man City on £9M. We were 5th. I assume this was down to the likes of Ba where we know a free transfer typically has a high agent fee.

It did, I remember it. Then again, as a fan base we seemed to boo fairly regular. I recall the booing at the end of the 1-1 draw v Charlton before KD got sacked. I have never booed in my life at a game, or anyone I know, but we hear it. Then again, you manage expectation dont you? It is about expectation at that time not against something that might happen 10 years down the line.

It did, I remember it. Then again, as a fan base we seemed to boo fairly regular. I recall the booing at the end of the 1-1 draw v Charlton before KD got sacked. I have never booed in my life at a game, or anyone I know, but we hear it. Then again, you manage expectation dont you? It is about expectation at that time not against something that might happen 10 years down the line.

who said 10 years ? Do you know how long Mike Ashley is going to own the club ? I don't, but I'm confident enough when I say that despite those saying "we are doing it like Spurs" we will not match Spurs nor the old owners [who DID do what Spurs are doing ie backing their manager]

At least you accept that expectations have been lowered. Some idiots have been saying for over 4 years now that this is not the case and that statement when it was made was rubbish.

First bit, probably true, but I'm not a sad "no-life outside of NUFC" thicko like you and yer old mentor. We all know you are the uber-est of uber geordie NUFC fans. The rest is bollocks.

Anyhow, how any of that supports your shite argument is beyond me.

I've asked you to show me how it totals £25.6m, and I'd also like to see how the figures beyond that detailed in yesterday journal show a net spend of £3m (including the Carroll money). You can't/won't do it.

Haven't seen the full accounts yet.

Bottom line - club is in a hugely healthy position on and off the field, what's not to like ?????

who said 10 years ? Do you know how long Mike Ashley is going to own the club ? I don't, but I'm confident enough when I say that despite those saying "we are doing it like Spurs" we will not match Spurs nor the old owners [who DID do what Spurs are doing ie backing their manager]

At least you accept that expectations have been lowered. Some idiots have been saying for over 4 years now that this is not the case and that statement when it was made was rubbish.

IF the "old owners" had even the slimmest glimmer of a chance to repeat what they did in the early years of their tenure, you may have a slightest glimmer of a point. They didn't, you haven't.

Oh and on the thread title, every club is a selling club if the price is right.

If someone offers north of £20 Mill for Tiote he'll be off, that's been the case forever, not just the last 24 hours.

I just picked 10 years as an example.

Of course expectation has been lowered. It has to be. In my opinion its been lowering for ages. When we were last in the CL under H&S we followed it with a lower-mid table finish. 14th. The next season would you expect fans to think we would get to the CL again? I doubt it, Europe I suspect people would hope for or maybe top half. We finished 7th but then the next year 13th so we were becoming a mid table side. We always wanted Europe but I dont think expectation has been CL for a long time.

Now under this lot they took us down, the message from them was then survival and rightly so. Anyone expecting CL would be mental :lol: Same as now, its managing expectation and at the moment I think most realistic people say aiming for the Europa league this season is now reasonable and you would think the same next season also.

As for "doing a Spurs", not sure if anyone has said exactly that (if so, fair enough, not seen it), but Spurs have spent a shit load of money to get where they are. When you consider they have bought players like Bent, Modric, Berbatov, Defoe, Keane, Pav and Van der Vaart etc. I know they have sold a lot but they have spent much more.

Last season they "pocketed" £27M but you need to consider the seasons before they spent £17M, £5M and £20M respectively.

I dont think its right to say we are doing an anyone. They have a way they are running the club now to meet the financial fair play rules which is good, but I think thats a convenience not because they have to. I doubt they would be running up masses of debt if the rules were not in place.

This is what happens when you do it like Spurs…

redknapp-funny1.jpeg?w=521&h=346

On topic, no surprise if Tiote is away in summer, no surprise that Dewek is still an odious turd, no surprise our resident loony has turned this thread the way of so many others.

If someone offers north of £20 Mill for Tiote he'll be off, that's been the case forever, not just the last 24 hours.

95% of the time thats right. There is the odd time when the club fights off any offer and resists (Modric) but in most cases a daft offer is accepted (Carroll, Torres, Berbatov, Ronaldo)

95% of the time thats right. There is the odd time when the club fights off any offer and resists (Modric) but in most cases a daft offer is accepted (Carroll, Torres, Berbatov, Ronaldo)

That's yet to play out I reckon, he still hasn't signed his sweetner "sorry we said no" contract.

Calculated risk by Spurs (oh no Spurs again !!!) they reckoned they could get CL with him (not so much without him) so could afford to say no (and he was on a long deal), if they didn't get CL and the resultant money, almost the same as his fee would have been, they can still flog him later.