NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/226517/Transfer-van-Douglas-naar-Fulham-nadert-voltooiing.htm

Transfer from Douglas to Fulham nears completion

21/08/2012 13:04

Fulham has made a concrete move to take Douglas from FC Twente. The London club coached by Martin Jol expects to finalize the transfer soon.

FC Twente and Fulham have agreed a fee in a lump sum payment for the defender. The Brazilian naturalized Dutch citizen will move to Craven Cottage for 5.5 million euro, if the transfer is settled.

Douglas' agent is in London to discuss personal terms with Fulham. Unless Newcastle United acts quickly, then the transfer to Fulham will be rapidly concluded.

Pending a transfer Douglas will play for FC Twente against Bursaspor on Thursday. The match in Turkey is the first leg in the play-offs for the Europa League.

28th of August is when Douglas can move apparently, he would have got his 5 years in then so can play for Holland.

http://www.twentefm.nl/streeknieuws/26701/0/paspoort-voor-douglas-franco-teixeira.html

Above article suggests he already has his passport:

Douglas Franco Teixeira is now officially a Dutchman. The FC footballer takes Wednesday are proof of Dutch nationality in reception at a naturalization ceremony at the town of Enschede.He gets it from Mayor Peter den Elders. The Brazilian born football already five years in the Netherlands. recently he passed his naturalization, a process which lasted eighteen months.Douglas decided to naturalise as his girlfriend and daughter have Dutch nationality.

for the prices quoted it really strikes me as a nobrainer. Ashley might think a gamble with williamson and steven taylor might be enough this year too..

We are two players away from a really really strong starting 11. As long as Simpson and Williamson are involved we will always be shaky at the back and it will have an effect on the entire squad in clutch games...

Need 11 players comfortable on the ball and both Willo and Simpson are treating it like they are kicking a hedgehog barefoot...

As for the "is he any good" question. Yes, he is.

I've not seen him live at a game, but I've seen 4 or 5 games that were on ESPN (one before we were linked) and he seemed canny every time.

Made a howler of a mistake in one of them which led to a goal conceded, but solid otherwise.

The main thing that stood out was how comfortable he was on the ball. He could control and pass with ease. There was no hint of the Danny Simpson style "head down and run it out of play for a throw" about him. He would have been a good signing, so I hope the deal isn't dead yet.

We could miss out on two targets over a couple of million quid. Now we're so close to the end of the window I'd rather we just paid it. Pardew surely xan't be content with what we've got defensively (and offsneively - need another striker, no 2 ways about it).

Maybe the club think the fans won't mind because of prior success?

I don't agree that we should just pay an extra couple of million here and there just to make sure. It sends out the message to other clubs that we'll bend over and take it.

Douglas has less than a year left on his contract. What has been offered is fair.

£4m for a centre back who has played in a relatively weak league and is unproven in the Premiership. We might have had success from buying from Holland in the past, but there's no guarantee that it'll always pay off.

We also have to think of the wages. It might be that Fulham are offering him £55k a week, whereas we won't go that high (as it'll upset the rest of the squad who are on less).

Yep, I can see several reasons why we would let him go - question is if we have someone else lined up.

Have to say I watched Chelsea Soton and that Nathaniel Clyne lad looked absolute quality.

Easily matched Aguero for speed and mangled him too :lol:

Aye, Clyne is a canny player, he was cracking for Palace. I'm not totally sure why we didn't pursue that one. I know we had put a bid in for him, but Palace were trying to hold out for £10m. Maybe there is someone else we're after.

Or that Pardew views Perch as adequate cover in the back four and doesn't need another central defender.

I hope not though. Its a good job Adebayor wasn't playing on Saturday.

I'd say that's the reason Perchasaurusrex started tbh. Willo probably would have gotten the nod if They had a target man.

at present, our centre halves to call on are colo, taylor, williamson, perch, simpson plus the new aussie kid.

you could argue full back and striker are areas that need addressing more urgently, particularly with the two dembas potentially away in the new year to the acn.

at present, our centre halves to call on are colo, taylor, williamson, perch, simpson plus the new aussie kid.

you could argue full back and striker are areas that need addressing more urgently, particularly with the two dembas potentially away in the new year to the acn.

In order words, we are a niggle away from starting Williamson for yet another season. Unacceptable in my view.

He is shit, sorry.