NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't see us selling jonas, one of our most consistent performers of last few seasons. it might mean that he has to fight for his place though, which can only be a good thing. strength in depth is something we haven't had recently. we were lucky that none of our big guns were injured last season

this, I cant remember a better season for injuries in the last decade atleast

We will be far better prepared for this season due to Pardew having the balls to turn players into versatile players.

This season, those players will be better off for the experience and will be far more comfortable if and when they get slung into the fold.

For all a section of fans had Raylor down as mediocre, he's done s sterling job, mostly at left back but has played right back, right mid and centre mid in latter stages of games and covered well.

Perch is another player who has been given a new lease in various positions and rarely let us down.

Jonas, has played left back, centre mid and occasionally right mid in small doses, as well as his main left mid position.

These 3 players are an example of Pardew having the trust in his squad and knowing who can switch position in times of suspension or injury.

Edited by wolfy

Why don't we try for that Jordan Rhodes?

Scored for Scotland today on his debut I see.

Him, Anita and Debuchy/A N Other FB plus the new young lads, and no more outgoings would represent a very good window for us. Not asking for too much either really.

I was wondering that at the end of last season as were a few others on here. Seems like he could do a job for us and he is young.

Seeing as he's "English" he'll also be phenomenally expensive for the standard of player he is. I tell you who he reminds me of...John Stead ;)

Scottish international now so surely his value has gone down... ;)

Scottish international now so surely his value has gone down... ;)

will still fall under "homegrown" though, we're not getting towards our limits on that front for the PL or EL spots but its something to consider.

About time.... This looks like a top quality signing.

Agreed. At a very good price too.

23 years old, capped for Holland 3 times. Key player for Ajax, a team with great history, tradition and pedigree. He has most definitely been brought up right by the club and being dutch will be able to play football.

In Anita's interviews it does seem that AP has told him he will be predominantly a defensive midfielder but whilst being able to play RB and LB will be used their if needed too. Wears the number 8.

Very very good signing. Will be interesting what sort of system we play now.

Well pleased with this signing. I think the plan is to play him in midfield - we're going to have a lot of games this season and will need to rotate, not to mention Tiote's ACN absence, so he'll probably get games there when one of Cabaye or Tiote is out - or, if we use the 4-3-3, probably in place of Jonas in CM. But his versatility (if he has in fact played full-back for Ajax and that isn't just preemptive bullshit) seems to be the key reason why we made this signing. Pardew is all about the utility men.

Hopefully we get a fullback and centre back sorted quickly and then shut up shop.

Anyone seen this lad? Pedigree can't be argued with so I'm quietly confident he will be a good un.

Yeah. Tiote being off could be on the cards. But it softens the blow if this guy can perform Tiote's role close to the same standard and pass the ball as well. Anything over 10 yards and Cheick struggles to find his teammates. Seems like Anita is a bit more 'cultured'.

Most expensive signing excepting Cisse after we got promoted this. Should be a cracking player, delighted!

Yep. Pardew must really rate him if that sort of money has been released to sign him. Although there could be £20m coming the other way for Tiote.

Not trying to be negative but its a distinct. possibility.

Plus Stevie said Chelski were signing Tiote for £24m. He's never wrong. ;)

Good signing and now very much looking forward to the start of the season. He has also made it clear to Pardew where he wants to play it says on .co.uk....DM

Could easily say that was Guthrie's replacement and what a good one it looks to be.

Hopefully that means another defender inbound soon??......

Edited by 2bias

Just because we've signed a new central midfielder it doesn't mean Tiote is off ffs!

Pleased to see a new player come in, especially as last season Gosling got a few too many games (he just doesn't seem good enough for us) for my liking.