NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

we need to start bringing players in, its all well and good saying obertan or the guys who have left aren't good enough but we can't coast the season with just a first 11

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Squidward has shown nothing to suggest he's good enough to hold down a first team place. I'd be happy to see the back of him if it means someone else comes in.

If he gets sold, then fair enough but he's only been at the club 5 minutes in terms of playing time and he appears to be a confidence player.

He clearly has the ability to be a top notch player and has pace to burn which is a great asset to any top team.

Some players take time to fully bed in and you only have to look at Enrique and Coloccini to remember that.

Sometimes fans are far to quick to label a player and eventually get on his back which is counter productive.

Obertan seems to be a player that needs a little nudge in the right direction to get him kick started and he could produce the goods for us.

The good thing though is, we have a very good manager in Pardew and he will know if it's wise to keep him or not but we need to allow Pardew to make that decision and not make it for him by barracking Obertan where it matters...on the pitch.

At this stage I'd be willing to accept Obertan going to re-finance the Debuchy deal.

Not like Squidward would be a massive loss should he move on and £3million would be a steal.

From what I heard in Den Haag the Debuchy thing is dead because the club wont pay 7 mill for a 27 year old. Much more likely to be the Dutch lad at Ajax at the moment...Van de Wiel?..

If he gets sold, then fair enough but he's only been at the club 5 minutes in terms of playing time and he appears to be a confidence player.

He clearly has the ability to be a top notch player and has pace to burn which is a great asset to any top team.

Some players take time to fully bed in and you only have to look at Enrique and Coloccini to remember that.

Sometimes fans are far to quick to label a player and eventually get on his back which is counter productive.

Obertan seems to be a player that needs a little nudge in the right direction to get him kick started and he could produce the goods for us.

The good thing though is, we have a very good manager in Pardew and he will know if it's wise to keep him or not but we need to allow Pardew to make that decision and not make it for him by barracking Obertan where it matters...on the pitch.

I take your point but my sense was he'd had plenty of games to show us what he could do.......and done very little. He may have pace to burn but he rarely seems to use it. Whether that's confidence or lack of balls doesn't matter if he can't get over his yips. If we sell him then that tells us that the staff share Alec Ferguson's opinion - Obertan hasn't got enough to make it at the top. Personally I think he's just a squad player at best.

I wonder if we could ask for 3 mill with a straight face.....

Its almost like the Timeshare Trap being played out on Laudrup.

As soon as they touch down on holiday and get off the plane - get straight in and flog them that one bed chalet that's got the blocked kermit. And no roof.

From what I heard in Den Haag the Debuchy thing is dead because the club wont pay 7 mill for a 27 year old. Much more likely to be the Dutch lad at Ajax at the moment...Van de Wiel?..

Seems that way. I think it's more of we wont pay that for a 27 year old defender. We paid £8.5 million for Cisse and he is now 27. The club obviously have policies set out for each position.

Its almost like the Timeshare Trap being played out on Laudrup.

As soon as they touch down on holiday and get off the plane - get straight in and flog them that one bed chalet that's got the blocked kermit. And no roof.

:lol:

"Wait a minute, this guy isn't a footballer! Get me Newcastle on the phone, NOW!"

I take your point but my sense was he'd had plenty of games to show us what he could do.......and done very little. He may have pace to burn but he rarely seems to use it. Whether that's confidence or lack of balls doesn't matter if he can't get over his yips. If we sell him then that tells us that the staff share Alec Ferguson's opinion - Obertan hasn't got enough to make it at the top. Personally I think he's just a squad player at best.

You could turn out to be correct and maybe he won;t actually full-fill his potential as some don't actually quite make it at the top and slip down the leagues quite quickly.

If he stays though I'd hope that he can be given this season to either make or break himself from his own doing and not be broken from fans getting on his back as some do with all clubs not just Newcastle.

As long as he gives 100% in any game he plays in, then I'd afford him this season to show his talent and end product to match his pace.

If Pardew decides he can go though, I'm fine with that as he's the manager and is doing a great job as it is, so he knows what he's getting from each player in training and who's got a better chance of stepping up to the plate.

Some right mugs in this thread. I hate waving the OOT card, but proper Newcastle fans would not accept a player publically saying he wants to use the toon as a stepping stone. Whether the likes of Cabaye have ambitions to play for one of the few bigger clubs, Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Arsenal, Inter, Bayern or AC Milan, fine there's nothing wrong with that, but to come and say it in public, well for that to be accepted shows what wanks we have amongst our support in 2012. Most NUFC fans not from the area have not got a clue.

Some right mugs in this thread. I hate waving the OOT card, but proper Newcastle fans would not accept a player publically saying he wants to use the toon as a stepping stone. Whether the likes of Cabaye have ambitions to play for one of the few bigger clubs, Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Arsenal, Inter, Bayern or AC Milan, fine there's nothing wrong with that, but to come and say it in public, well for that to be accepted shows what wanks we have amongst our support in 2012. Most NUFC fans not from the area have not got a clue.

Either way it benefits the club though, regardless of a player coming out with it.

If a top class player comes to this club with the attitude of it being a stepping stone, it means we are going to get some decent football out of him, plus a nice transfer fee at the end if he does wish to go.

Loyalty in football is about as rare as rocking horse shit, so you have to play it clever and use what's at your disposal very shrewdly and Newcastle do it very well now, unlike years ago when we hadn't a clue how to manage a transfer market and were constantly getting our trousers pulled down.

Either way it benefits the club though, regardless of a player coming out with it.

If a top class player comes to this club with the attitude of it being a stepping stone, it means we are going to get some decent football out of him, plus a nice transfer fee at the end if he does wish to go.

Loyalty in football is about as rare as rocking horse shit, so you have to play it clever and use what's at your disposal very shrewdly and Newcastle do it very well now, unlike years ago when we hadn't a clue how to manage a transfer market and were constantly getting our trousers pulled down.

Where are you from? Edited by McFaul

You really are an idiot. Your entitled to your opinion but a lot of the crap you come out with is ridiculous. I'm not even going to entertain your posts in the future, you really are Deano Mk 2.