NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

The notion that someone can't come on here to ridicule LM's ridiculous patter is nonsense. He's not a protected species.

Surely after he's conceded things are going ok now, he's due some respite.

he's a fucking moron man. and he goes looking for a battle in every thread he posts in. i don't know why you always defend him.

:lol:

you lot fuckin love it man.....you enjoy a daily spat...you dont really take things that someone youve never met before seriously do you?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF we sell Tiote for £23m, and Simpson doesn't get his contract and moves. I expect all of it to be reinvested. Douglas, Pieters, I'd honestly sign Krancjar or Pienaar for £4m from Tottenham, and one of Jordan Rhodes or Gary Madine (who reminds me of a young Shearer) from Sheffield Wednesday. He's better than Danny Graham was at that age, much better in fact, he's geordie, he's angry and he loves the toon. We'd get him for £2m.

you lot fuckin love it man.....you enjoy a daily spat...you dont really take things that someone youve never met before seriously do you?

some might, not me. i've got the fucker on ignore. haven't responded to him in about 6 months. and yet he still clogs up just about every thread going with his usual patter. there's no escape from it because ignore doesn't block the quote function.

best two weeks on this board in ears was when he fucked off. shame he came back tbh. more of the same now

You won't see £23m in transfer fees being spent though. Cos agent fees and wage differentials are all being taken into account these days. Something which is beyond the wit of Leazes, as evidenced by his daily crying about the £25m that he believes is left for Carroll, and which means regardless of what happens in the summer, he's going to be chucking around accusations of lack of ambition. Ambition being entirely a monetary calculation in his eyes.

You won't see £23m in transfer fees being spent though. Cos agent fees and wage differentials are all being taken into account these days. Something which is beyond the wit of Leazes, as evidenced by his daily crying about the £25m that he believes is left for Carroll, and which means regardless of what happens in the summer, he's going to be chucking around accusations of lack of ambition. Ambition being entirely a monetary calculation in his eyes.

Leazes has a very valid point about the agent fees and wages being part of £23m income gained from transfers. It's the one thing that will always grate on me with these "chumps". No other club manages their fiscal policy like this in the top flight or ever has. You could put an argument up for agents fees, but wages? No fucking way.

Leazes has a very valid point about the agent fees and wages being part of £23m income gained from transfers. It's the one thing that will always grate on me with these "chumps". No other club manages their fiscal policy like this in the top flight or ever has. You could put an argument up for agents fees, but wages? No fucking way.

But, who gives a fuck? you can play with numbers all day if it keeps you happy but most find it tedious as owt. Forget what happens with this quid and that. Is the playing element of the club better than it was after the sale of AC? Yes. Good, sorted. Next question?

At a time when they were trying to combat an out of proportion wage bill, I think it was probably a good idea. And I think using some of the profit from transfer fees to improve other player's contracts is perfectly legitimate too - it has to come from somewhere. Same with agent fees.

The truth is we don't know what other clubs do, but they certainly have to fund it from somewhere.

The notion that someone can't come on here to ridicule LM's ridiculous patter is nonsense. He's not a protected species.

Surely after he's conceded things are going ok now, he's due some respite.

I was thinking this, he did concede a little, or at least is readying himself to.

For me, this is best sign possible we are improving. Fuck Europe.

LM, I genuinely dont recall anyone booing when we came 5th. Happy to be proven wrong if you can link me to any article.

Must admit I was there and would say I'm 95% sure I remember people booing.

Yeah but what 5-10% of a 50k crowd?

Its like his assertion that a few kids booing Shepherd at Shearer's testimonial means we all "deserve" Ashley.

The fact that enough people that were there can completely disagree that there even was booing suggests that it was minimal and restricted to certain areas of the ground, if there even was any.

LM, I genuinely dont recall anyone booing when we came 5th. Happy to be proven wrong if you can link me to any article.

The truth is there were many boos, it was a 1-1 draw with Wolves, we played shit Shearer missed a penalty, everyone was fucked off because a Liverpool team even worse than they are now, beat us to 4th spot after our pathetic 3-3 draw at Southampton. Everyone booed and 90% fucked off, I was one of them which is when SBR came out with his ungrateful bastards crack.

So reasonable to assume that they were booing a shit performance in a 1-1 draw with Wolves then. And not a 5th place finish.

Seriously only Leazes claims that this supposed booing was specifically directed at the league position, which is frankly ridiculous.

Yeah but what 5-10% of a 50k crowd?

Its like his assertion that a few kids booing Shepherd at Shearer's testimonial means we all "deserve" Ashley.

I'm sure I remember it being short and subdued. I think people were pissed off with the brat pack players we had.

What a contrast to the solidarity that is there today from top to bottom.

Even compare now to the poisonous atmosphere of this time last year.

I can remember people booing Allardyce's first home game as manager :lol:

That's the thing though, if fans see a result as being poor and that we should have done better then you will get people being vocal about it, I'm not sure how that moves on to people booing because the club came 5th.

By the way, note SBR's comments that there are still two games to play, which makes the booing being directed at league position a nonsense.

Seriously, stop trying to defend him. He's full of fucking shit. I'm sure Alex or HF have pointed this out before.

is it a case of "my enemy's enemy is my friend?"

leazes may be dull to the point of monomania in his obsessive praise of the corrupt goons who fleeced the club to a sickening degree until the day they left in 2007, but i don't notice him attempting to intimidate or denigrate anyone; yes he'll lampoon opinions he disagrees with, but don't many people.

it seems the accepted way to deal with an alternative opinion on here is to combine the personality traits of Anton Chigurh & Raymond Babbit

:lol:

Have you not finished embarrassing yourself yet you bizarre little outcast of a man?

He comes out with more personal slurs than everyone else on the board put together, and he threatens physical harm by-proxy via his daughter.

Not that I feel intimidated or denigrated on a personal level, but that's quite irrelevant to the horrendously ill judged 'point' you're making.

I think it was also a bit of a backlash from being dumped out of the uefa cup in Marseille the previous Wednesday. Sir Bob thought the crowds reaction contributed to him getting the sack, he said so in his book.

Haven't we had this 'booing a 5th place finish' debate before?

It was an abject performance that was being booed. The season hadn't finished at the time.

Aye, I think that one was definitively put to bed in the end.

Not that it's ever really had any relevance to anything at all.