Arsenal vs Newcastle Match Thread

TheMoog

Why not put Ben Arfa on the wing where he impressed?

Yup, but do you play with 3 in the centre (Guthrie, Cabay, Tiote) or Cisse and Ba up front? (as the front 2 players in a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1)

Considering we are vulnerable to pace, and their 2 best players last week were Walcott and Chamberlain, probably not the best idea to not play another player in front of the fullbacks

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering we are vulnerable to pace, and their 2 best players last week were Walcott and Chamberlain, probably not the best idea to not play another player in front of the fullbacks

I know he's not shown Jonas levels of harrying, but I still think he'd be best out wide (given our current team). When he does drift in, if we're playing with 3 central midfielders and only 1 upfront) one of the central three can provide support for Simpson.

Still think we will be much more dangerous on the counter with Obertan on the wing and HBA playing off Ba.

It will get us forward faster and give us more options to go left or right.

While Ben Arfa was individually great against Sunderland he didnt cross and quite often his only option was either taking them on himself or passing back to Tiote.

If Obertan or Jonas can carry the ball forward and get it to Hatem in the middle then we really would have more options. Even if he decides to shoot he will be more central and not trying to score from tight angles.

God Im really excited for tonight. :lol:

Pardew and Wenger are born to hate each other. Wenger is the intellectual schoolboy who's mum gets him cello lessons and leaves notes in his packed lunch, while Pardew is the asshole who goes around giving people wedgies and farts a lot. Should be a fun match.

I'd totally forgotten how much Pardew & Wenger hate each other so expect it to kick off :lol:

do they ?

Oh yeh they've had a few run ins in the past, when Pardew was at West Ham & Charlton IIRC.

I'd totally forgotten how much Pardew & Wenger hate each other so expect it to kick off :lol:

do they ?

Oh yeh they've had a few run ins in the past, when Pardew was at West Ham & Charlton IIRC.

Ok. Well, last season our strength played into Arsenal's main defensive weakness. We can only set out to play well, keep possession, keep our shape and discipline defensively, and hope things go our way. Here's hoping, we will see.

Edited by LeazesMag

Wenger has made some good remarks about Pardew lately, maybe its an attempt to take any tension out of the situation. The Arsenal supporters are dickheads for wanting him out though, they have done superbly well since their poor start this season, but that was always going to be the case.

The Milan and Tottenham games were emotive for Arsenal, for their fans, well not that they get that emotive the boring cunts, but Newcastle is a game for them perhaps like we'd view Aston Villa here. We expect to win, and that's it really, the atmosphere often suffers, and if the away team have a clear game plan owt can happen.

Everyone of us on here agrees (even Leazes) that we're a better side than we were last season right now. I don't think you can argue we're in a better position as a club and a squad. When you consider our inferior team won 1-0 there against this.....

Fabianski

Sagna

Koscielny

Squillaci

Clichy

Song

Wilshere

Fabregas

Walcott

Chamakh

NasriS

....far far superior side to what Arsenal have today, then on that alone we have a chance. We'd have a better chance without Simpson and Wiiliamson but both played there last season when we won. Of course this is a simplistic way of viewing the game, but it points squarely at the possibility that this IS NOT a foregone conclusion. Form needs to be considered, but I truthfully believe if we get in to them we'll draw or maybe even sneak a 1-2. Be positive you most miserable bunch of cunts.

Just worried about RVP's steller form right now.

Just need a bit of luck to go our way really, don't concede early on and hopefully get them frustrated. Away night time games are always tough though, nevermind who against.

ben arfa and Obertan start as I predicted earlier....

Krul Simpson Williamson Colo Santon Obertan Cabaye Tiote Jonas Ben Arfa Ba #nufc

And

Cometh the hour, cometh the man......

Perch to come on and hold the fort when we are 3-1 up.

Happy Miserable fuckers.... /heads to pub

Edited by Christmas Tree