Newcastle United vs Dirty Inbred Mackems (Sunderland)

Aeris

Sunderland visited Anfield on the 12th anniversary of Hillsborough. A few select fans from both sides met in the centre circle before the game to observe a minute's silence. The Liverpool supporters unveiled a plaque to commemorate the victims of the great tragedy. The Sunderland supporters uncaged 14 hedgehogs and beat them to death with some bricks and a shovel. And they say we're the ones with no class.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunderland visited Anfield on the 12th anniversary of Hillsborough. A few select fans from both sides met in the centre circle before the game to observe a minute's silence. The Liverpool supporters unveiled a plaque to commemorate the victims of the great tragedy. The Sunderland supporters uncaged 14 hedgehogs and beat them to death with some bricks and a shovel. And they say we're the ones with no class.

Have they no decency :(

Inherently rotten to the core.

Environment Editor TONY HENDERSON on how hedgehogs are hitting the wall

hedgehog-109453657.jpg

A HEDGEHOG expert who runs a rescue centre for the animals in Sunderland is urging people to help save the creatures as a report reveals how populations have nose-dived.

Hedgehog numbers have declined by a quarter in the past decade, the study found, with evidence “very strong that hedgehogs are in trouble“.

Edited by ChezGiven

Would you go so far as to say our contemporary fan base has been somewhat modernised and theirs has not?

I'd more focus on his assessment of us back then being completely wide of the mark tbh.

Like I said, the day Bobby Moore died, we played and impeccably observed a minute's silence beforehand. I was there and can vouch first hand.

The Tranmere game he refers too has to be the one that was on the telly that we won 3-0. I don't remember the minute's silence, let alone any problems.....

12 months later we visited Anfield on the 5th anniversary of Hillsborough. Not only did we observe that silence perfectly, the supporters of NUFC even laid a wreath in memory.

But we've no class.......

I was there too, smashed by geps when Cole made it 2-0 and never wore them again. Seems unbelievable now, but when that wreath was laid, the full Kop sang oh Newcastle we love you, it's mental considering the bad blood that exists nowadays which isn't entirely a one way thing.

Edited by McFaul

I watched that 2-0 win in a bar near Goodison. Went down without a ticket, four of us, three long time, well travelled supporters and the driver, nickname 'Knackers' who'd only started going to football matches again and wasn't really that bothered. The three of us did the rounds round the bars asking every Tom, Dick and Harry for spare tickets, no joy, was outside the Kop when a scouse Scally offered us tickets at £70 a go which we politely told him to fuck off as we didn't have the money and also thought they were snides. Anyway, 'knackers', after asking the sum total of one person for a ticket all day, was standing near the door of the last bar we were in when a Mag just approached him out the blue and offered him a cost price ticket for wor end. He took it, got in despite us asking him to spin for the ticket amongst us all. As soon as he fucked off and we settled down to get off our tits and never have I been so convinced of a NUFC win at Anfield as I was then. As it happens we had some canny craic with the Evertonians that day but I was gutted I never got in. Only game I've went without a ticket where I didn't get to see us.

I watched that 2-0 win in a bar near Goodison. Went down without a ticket, four of us, three long time, well travelled supporters and the driver, nickname 'Knackers' who'd only started going to football matches again and wasn't really that bothered. The three of us did the rounds round the bars asking every Tom, Dick and Harry for spare tickets, no joy, was outside the Kop when a scouse Scally offered us tickets at £70 a go which we politely told him to fuck off as we didn't have the money and also thought they were snides. Anyway, 'knackers', after asking the sum total of one person for a ticket all day, was standing near the door of the last bar we were in when a Mag just approached him out the blue and offered him a cost price ticket for wor end. He took it, got in despite us asking him to spin for the ticket amongst us all. As soon as he fucked off and we settled down to get off our tits and never have I been so convinced of a NUFC win at Anfield as I was then. As it happens we had some canny craic with the Evertonians that day but I was gutted I never got in. Only game I've went without a ticket where I didn't get to see us.

I was only 16 at the time, me and me mate bought the Armstrong Galley bus tickets a few days before, I had his. We were both without match tickets, but a lad I know rang me up on the Friday night and said he had a ticket and a spare but nee travel, so I thought fuck Craig haha, was a total cunts trick to be honest, but anyway 8am Bainbridge's dock I says Craig I've lost your bus ticket, he took it so well, and I felt like shit, anyway he got on the bus but stood nearly the whole way doon, the last hour I stood they wouldn't have let you these days. He managed to get a ticket off an asian Liverpool from Hull at some services near Huddersfield, so it worked oot areet. I distinctly remember being in an Irish pub on Walton BecK Road (?) along from the Kop, and people swapping scarves and what not, they had a genuine respect for us then the dippers, and I had no massive hatred for them at that point, was lovely to watch us passing them to pieces though. It was my first trip to Anfield, and Liverpool were THE team when I was growing up, but I was massively disappointed with Anfield and the Kop, I thought we could easily have all this and more.

Edited by McFaul

I went to a Liverpool v Villa game once. Was in the main stand with my uncle who supports them. The uncle was staying at my folks for a week with my aunt, (being Irish he naturally supports one of the North-West reds) and I was asked if I wouldn't mind going down with him on the saturday while he was over as he fancied going but didn't want to drive down on his todd, normally he'd go with his mate or my cousin. I was about 17 at the time and wasn't really sure about it but didn't want to let him down, so being in the home end surrounded by Liverpool fans I decided to covertly support Villa, (if I'd known what the bastards planned all them years later I wouldn't have!)

Anyway, as a neutral, all I can say is, I heard more noise from twenty thousand Geordies on open terraces in the 2nd division then I heard from these and villa that day. Even the atmosphere around the ground before kick off was just shit. There just wasn't the buzz you get on a matchday around the Toon, something was missing. There's definitely something up here which gives us an edge but it's hard to put your finger on it. For the record, Liverpool took the lead through I think Barnes from the spot, and Villa levelled through fuck knows, though I have a feeling it might have been that Daley kid?

To be honest, I think Vill are just one of those teams you don't get excited about playing. I mean obviously I'll be gunning for them whenever we next meet, but up until their cunts trick I genuinely couldn't have given a shit about a Villa fixture.

They're so dull I clearly got bored typing out their name and left off the 'a'

Done nowt for years, don't look like they're going to do anything for years. It's not even like West Ham, where you say that, yeah they've been relegated, but they've a history of playing attractive football. Villa don't even have that.

Not many people know this but the same kid who threw the Molotov cocktail at the West Ham fans at SJP repeated the trick with Villa a couple of years ealier only he threw an Estee Lauder bottle with a burning incense stick which had a hint of Wet Citrus notes of luscious Bergamot, Orange Zest and White Grapefruit combined with Darjeeling Tea, colourful florals and sheer woods. Horses for courses and all that.

Not many people know this but the same kid who threw the Molotov cocktail at the West Ham fans at SJP repeated the trick with Villa a couple of years ealier only he threw an Estee Lauder bottle with a burning incense stick which had a hint of Wet Citrus notes of luscious Bergamot, Orange Zest and White Grapefruit combined with Darjeeling Tea, colourful florals and sheer woods. Horses for courses and all that.

ha!!

I see the RTG hooligan thread is up to 33pages now. Their 'firms' have kicked us all owa apparently. The one normal bloke in the thread got called a middle class tory for not being a fan of hooliganism :lol:

He's obviously not the right kind of classy.

I see the RTG hooligan thread is up to 33pages now. Their 'firms' have kicked us all owa apparently. The one normal bloke in the thread got called a middle class tory for not being a fan of hooliganism :lol:

I seem to recall their being far more bother from Boro than there ever was from Sunderland. I think Sunderland were so far behind the times that they didn't really get into that scene until it was on its way out. It's a mugs game, anyway. I would say one thing though, for any of them reading this, could they explain how the scenes at Roker Park where away fans would infiltrate home areas in numbers and weren't shy in showing who they were, were never replicated at St. James' Park?

Edited by Howmanheyman

I seem to recall their being far more bother from Boro than there ever was from Sunderland. I think Sunderland were so far behind the times that they didn't really get into that scene until it was on its way out. It's a mugs game, anyway. I would say one thing though, for any of them reading this, could they explain how the scenes at Roker Park where away fans would infiltrate home areas in numbers and weren't shy in showing who they were, were never replicated at St. James' Park?

Must've been one of those coincidences, obviously their sisters were on day release those very same days.

What would you rather do- fight or shag?

• 2 weeks later...