Newcastle v Norwich Sunday 4.00pm

Christmas Tree

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bit boring towards the end but least we got 3 points lets hope we can get over 50 points and get above arsenal and Chelsea

Edited by DEADMAN

There were flashes of good stuff again today which is more than can be said of some of the recent games. Deserved the win, could have been more comfortable too. I do think we've struggled more since Ba's great form has deserted him - you could see us looking a lot more confident if he'd got involved and whacked a couple in.

Cant believe we parked the bus after 60 mins against Norwich at home. :lol:

Some uplifting performances, mainly Cabaye and Perchy. Still find our mindset puzzling when we go ahead. Surely we need to keep the ball and take our time. When we go up we start hoofing, and the amount of time we shoot from silly positions frustrated the fuck out of me. Just keep the ball and make Norwich run themselves into the ground ffs.

One thing I hate to do is criticise players but...Williamson, Guthrie and Simpson...I think all of them will go in the summer. Good Premiership players but not top half players which is a shame.

BUT..3 points is 3 valuable points!

Edited by 2bias

A WIN .... 3 POINTS ...... BRILLIANT ........but what a pathetic display!!

We were very lucky to come out of that game with a win, Norwich were shite but we were a lot worse.

Jonas at left-back and Perch at centre mid-field had the earmarks of what was to come, and come it did. Perch did alright but Jonas was repeatedly useless.

Hoofing the long ball is not going to work with Ba or Cisse, niether one have great ball control and niether can hold the ball up.

BenArfa was off the boil but mostly because he didn't get the service or support.

As for Willo ................ say no more.

As for Simmo .............. say no more.

Guthrie put in a fair shift as did Cabaye.

Shola posed a threat when he came on.

I think Pardoo had his head up his arse for that match and it will be interesting to hear his comments.

I'd have them in doing some serious fucking practicing in the art of passing and movement. That's one of the most frustrating wins I've seen for a while, some poor performances by a few of them. If we'd kept the ball a bit more and offered the player in possesion an easier option then we'd have won this a lot easier. It's worrying.

Is Danny Simpson just incredibly fucking stupid? Once again in the 91st minute he took the ball into the final third, laid it off then stayed there. Made no attempt to move back towards the half way line. Thankfully this time it didn't cost us but he's not a winger, he needs to be sitting back in injury time.