England Squad

Kid Dynamite

I think last seasons stats had Jordan Henderson with the most assists, which led Commoli to recommend Liverpool spend 20 million on him. Hes not played every game, and those he has he's played often out wide and not in the middle, but he's nowhere near even this England squad. I think he's got something, and I know Andy Carroll has, so maybe they've just got the wrong coach ;)

We're not as tactical/technical as Spain/the Netherlands like everyone says... so why not play up to it. As if the Dutch would know how to deal with us if we played strong and fast players and just tried to out physical them. Not saying play like Stoke but it's better than trying to outplay them. Especially after Capello's weird direct yet on the ground system which just baffled me

Campbell has come back after a very long term injury and scored a couple of goals for an in-form team. That's it. I'd have picked one of our lot before I picked him, as well as Oxlade-Chamberlain and 2 or 3 of the Swansea and Norwich boys. To pick him on the basis of that is laughable Bet Pearce's reasoning is "well he was great for me a couple of years ago with the U21s".

Do you mean Shola by that? Going a bit far shirley... I agree there are much better English strikers than him though.

Campbell has come back after a very long term injury and scored a couple of goals for an in-form team. That's it. I'd have picked one of our lot before I picked him, as well as Oxlade-Chamberlain and 2 or 3 of the Swansea and Norwich boys. To pick him on the basis of that is laughable Bet Pearce's reasoning is "well he was great for me a couple of years ago with the U21s".

Do you mean Shola by that? Going a bit far shirley... I agree there are much better English strikers than him though.

Sorry, didn't mean a like for like replacement. Ryan Taylor and Guthrie were the two that came to mind. No I'm not suggesting they're definitely worthy, but they've done more than Campbell has.

Grant Holt and Danny Graham have 9 and 10 goals respectively.

Bent has 9, Wellbeck has 6 and Campbell has a mammoth 1. Forgetting last season when he was injured he played almost every game in the season before and managed 4 goals :lol:

Good to see the FA's promise to pick players on form from years ago still stands