My article about intorducing safe standing areas

ajax_andy

So I ended up using a lot of the great info I got one here to write an article about re-introducing safe standing areas in our local clubs grounds.

Cheers for everyone's help :)

You can view it here and as always I welcome feedback and debate... and McFaul's sly digs about my own club ;)

http://thenortheasthub.com/blog/time-to-make-a-stand/

Cheers

Andy

The pic of the SOS is out of date by the way, that's before their North Stand upper tier was built.

Aye but that's not really that important, it's just a pic that relates to the article. I dont have access to a large pool of photographic options, just some that people have kindly let me use their own personal snaps.

Nice one, I enjoyed it. If anything I thought it was a bit short.....I'd have been interested in seeing what govt thinks about safe standing too. Inertia will win unless enough voters demand the right to stand as it's safest to do nothing

Nice one, I enjoyed it. If anything I thought it was a bit short.....I'd have been interested in seeing what govt thinks about safe standing too. Inertia will win unless enough voters demand the right to stand as it's safest to do nothing

I'm only supposed to write 500 words but this ended up being 600 so I was struggling a bit to include much more in the article tbh.

Also I pretty much just stole all the great info people on here gave me so I can't take credit for the content... I just put together people's opinions on here and also one of the Sunderland forums.

I also posted on a boro forum but it's a bit of a ghost town on there and hardly anyone posts anything... I will refrain from making any comparisons to the Riverside. :D