Would you welcome a safe standing area at St James'

ajax_andy

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No financial incentive for the clubs, therefore it's unlikely to happen imo.

Doesn't really answer my question tho does it ;)

Putting the financial aspect aside would you welcome a standing area?

Still relevant to the discussion though, knob cheese.

Aye, I'd welcome it ;)

I think most people would tbh, even if they weren't that arsed about going onto the terraces themselves.

As a bairn even with the fences up, and sometimes I did feel squashed, I never felt in danger like ever. Hillsborough was a disaster waiting to happen, I don't even believe half the people would've died if the centre pens didn't have the fences at either side of them, the same as The Kop was at Anfield.

Borussia Dortmund have 27000 people standing behind one goal safely so why can't we? Used to be brilliant when people used to see the Blaydon Races you could go flying 20 yards, probably scary for people now who never experienced it, was great at the time though it was just normal.

I wouldn't use them myself at SJP, but I stand at every non league game I go to when there's hardly anyone there.

For every reason from atmosphere, to increased capacity, to more revenue for clubs, I'm 100% behind the idea.

would we (and when I voted it's 100% in favour of terracing returning) just want 1 end returning to terracing & should this be the Leazes or the Gallowgate (I'd favour the latter for ease of access & proximity to town & public transport) or both?

From the clubs perspective you'd think it a no brainer. Cheaper tickets at twice the capacity. I'd imagine it being popular so would likely bring in more revenue than the same area seated.

Wn't there be a safety issue because the angle of the stands are too steep to convert to standing?

I think you're right. It must be steeper if you think about it. There used to be a canny drop in the Milburn to where the standing paddock was compare to now where the bank of seats meets up with the ones above.

At my decrepit old age I wouldn't want to stand among an unruly bunch of fucking Geordies swaying, pushing, and shoving me aal ower the bloody place and preventing me from enjoying the game in a standstill position.

An' aa'm too owld to be put on a slidey doon tut front alang wi the other squished bairns and lasses.

There's nowt safe aboot a standing area 'specially if some dire bugger tries to pee on ye.

At my decrepit old age I wouldn't want to stand among an unruly bunch of fucking Geordies swaying, pushing, and shoving me aal ower the bloody place and preventing me from enjoying the game in a standstill position.

An' aa'm too owld to be put on a slidey doon tut front alang wi the other squished bairns and lasses.

There's nowt safe aboot a standing area 'specially if some dire bugger tries to pee on ye.

You seem to be getting more Geordie in your advancing years Noelie.

Id have thought getting squashed down the front with the lasses might not be a bad thing going on what you posted recently.