The Ceasefire

Guest CabayeAye

How do people cope with information they dont want to absorb in the real world. When you walk past an advert, do you have to stop and read every word of copy? When you see a timetable at the train station, do you have to read every line of text in front of you. I just dont understand how you can cope with the modern world if people's inability to filter information is this under-developed.

I've said this before, i have my hand on the mouse, eyes left, see name/avatar, consider poster irrelevant, continue scolling, people engage with this poster, accept my initial judgement, keep scrolling past replies, read some other posts, arrive at end of thread, new post in thread, more engagement and discussion considered irrelevant, scroll back out, consider time spent on exercise in overall scheme of things, if at this point you are annoyed about your time being wasted, try to rationalise in context of whether any of your time on here is anything but wasted. If time being wasted is your issue, log off. Otherwise, the seconds taken to scorll past what you dont want to read should not be an issue for you.

I honestly think if you dont get this, its immaturity. I know that makes me sounds like a twat but am confident its true. Thats all i'm saying on the mattter ever again.

One for the predictions thread.

Sorry don't agree with your post, if this makes me immature so be it. This is a site of mutual interest that we visit for information in part but mostly fun and banter, no? We all click into most top threads to see the crack, often there is interest to be found but invariably if you want to find it you have to wade through the same posts year after year after year. And you have to read each post in part to figure out if it's not the same old shite. Seconds turn into minutes and before you know it you've fucked off having skim read a load of shite and wondered why you bothered.

It's not seconds scrolling over the course of a week or a month or a year. Like you said in jest yesterday this place is Leazestastic because those who tolerate/ignore his festering perpetuity will stay, and therefore so does he.

Once you've been around a while you may be able to skim and ignore the pages and pages of repetitive bile, but we do have a drip feed of new posters who frequently end up taking him to task whereas most of us gave up on reason some time ago...this causes a corrosive smearing generally in about half the top 10 toon threads. How many posters will be enough to lose so that one can plug away the same old bombproof shite ad nauseam? How many good posters gone, how many thinking of going, how many argue with him for their first few weeks and never return?

Yes it can all be skimmed through, but the time and effort spent skimming and time spent responding to him from new and old contributors alike (where they could be writing something more contributory/enjoyable/current) does have a notably derogatory effect on the content and experience of the board as a whole.

Personally speaking the times he is not around the board is a noticeably better place, sorry Leazes I'm not advocating your expulsion but that's the truth from my perspective. That is in part because I find his dogmatic posting beyond tedious, his persistent and unwarranted attacks on others childish and spiteful and the endless arguing (by new and old) with his UTTERLY IMMOVABLE position. But how are the new members supposed to know? Figure it out for themselves, then probably fuck off. Which we get to witness. Repeat.

It has often said this board should have an entrance exam, well it does and it is LeazesMag. If you can put up with his shite and tolerate having to skim read hundreds of posts then Welcome Aboard! :nufc:

No wonder we have such a small group of (largely very tolerant) regular posters for such an otherwise great forum.

Having said that much about one poster reflects the fact I really like this place and I want it to improve. I know the alternative, of course.

Grow up man, life is full of tedious people with stupid opinions, what do you recommend, suicide? ;)

CT, you too, you got banned from NO for the same reasons people cant handle LM's alternative point of view.

And THATS the final word from me...... till next time.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

Right, everyone fuck the fuck off back to the MA thread and keep it in there! The thread about stopping this cack from happening has just been derailed by it!!

There's only one way to stop it, but a few of the 'regs' took exception. This place would be a huge forum now and probably sponsored, it wouldn't even need to rely on donations if it wasn't for his trolling, especially with the new layout and mobile features and what-not. Basically, the forum wouldn't need bankrolling if the people in charge were more competent. Hopefully the forum get's a new owner and becomes both self-sufficient and a force once again. Could even get into europe and attract more foreign members.

Personally I have employed various strategies on this point Chez. Lamping, avoiding, ostracising if it's just me personally. If it is in my community or family I have tried to work with them as much as possible, and if a point where we are unable to see eye to eye is not reached then called it quits and lamped them too. I currently have one pen friend and cat that hates me. So you can see my keenness to not to have to fuck this off too. ;)

Edited by trophyshy

Guest CabayeAye

There's only one way to stop it, but a few of the 'regs' took exception. This place would be a huge forum now and probably sponsored, it wouldn't even need to rely on donations if it wasn't for his trolling, especially with the new layout and mobile features and what-not. Basically, the forum wouldn't need bankrolling if the people in charge were more competent. Hopefully the forum get's a new owner and becomes both self-sufficient and a force once again. Could even get into europe and attract more foreign members.

You've managed to merge a sleight at the mods into a Leazesesque rant in one, transcending all boundaries of decency.

Well done! :lol:

How do people cope with information they dont want to absorb in the real world. When you walk past an advert, do you have to stop and read every word of copy? When you see a timetable at the train station, do you have to read every line of text in front of you. I just dont understand how you can cope with the modern world if people's inability to filter information is this under-developed.

I've said this before, i have my hand on the mouse, eyes left, see name/avatar, consider poster irrelevant, continue scolling, people engage with this poster, accept my initial judgement, keep scrolling past replies, read some other posts, arrive at end of thread, new post in thread, more engagement and discussion considered irrelevant, scroll back out, consider time spent on exercise in overall scheme of things, if at this point you are annoyed about your time being wasted, try to rationalise in context of whether any of your time on here is anything but wasted. If time being wasted is your issue, log off. Otherwise, the seconds taken to scorll past what you dont want to read should not be an issue for you.

I honestly think if you dont get this, its immaturity. I know that makes me sounds like a twat but am confident its true. Thats all i'm saying on the mattter ever again.

One for the predictions thread.

Sorry don't agree with your post, if this makes me immature so be it. This is a site of mutual interest that we visit for information in part but mostly fun and banter, no? We all click into most top threads to see the crack, often there is interest to be found but invariably if you want to find it you have to wade through the same posts year after year after year. And you have to read each post in part to figure out if it's not the same old shite. Seconds turn into minutes and before you know it you've fucked off having skim read a load of shite and wondered why you bothered.

It's not seconds scrolling over the course of a week or a month or a year. Like you said in jest yesterday this place is Leazestastic because those who tolerate/ignore his festering perpetuity will stay, and therefore so does he.

Once you've been around a while you may be able to skim and ignore the pages and pages of repetitive bile, but we do have a drip feed of new posters who frequently end up taking him to task whereas most of us gave up on reason some time ago...this causes a corrosive smearing generally in about half the top 10 toon threads. How many posters will be enough to lose so that one can plug away the same old bombproof shite ad nauseam? How many good posters gone, how many thinking of going, how many argue with him for their first few weeks and never return?

Yes it can all be skimmed through, but the time and effort spent skimming and time spent responding to him from new and old contributors alike (where they could be writing something more contributory/enjoyable/current) does have a notably derogatory effect on the content and experience of the board as a whole.

Personally speaking the times he is not around the board is a noticeably better place, sorry Leazes I'm not advocating your expulsion but that's the truth from my perspective. That is in part because I find his dogmatic posting beyond tedious, his persistent and unwarranted attacks on others childish and spiteful and the endless arguing (by new and old) with his UTTERLY IMMOVABLE position. But how are the new members supposed to know? Figure it out for themselves, then probably fuck off. Which we get to witness. Repeat.

It has often said this board should have an entrance exam, well it does and it is LeazesMag. If you can put up with his shite and tolerate having to skim read hundreds of posts then Welcome Aboard! :nufc:

No wonder we have such a small group of (largely very tolerant) regular posters for such an otherwise great forum.

Having said that much about one poster reflects the fact I really like this place and I want it to improve. I know the alternative, of course.

Grow up man, life is full of tedious people with stupid opinions, what do you recommend, suicide? ;)

CT, you too, you got banned from NO for the same reasons people cant handle LM's alternative point of view.

And THATS the final word from me...... till next time.

What a load of bollocks. :lol:

I got banned for daring to debate the Ben Arfa Fan Boys. And I only did it in the one thread. And I was right :)

That is a totally different kettle of fish to dragging every thread down to the same crappy boring dog shit discussion for 5 years.

As for the absolute shite about not being able to handle LM's point of view......dear me :lol: Its nothing to do with his point of view, its the derailling of most football discussion to the same discussion that nobody ever wins or ever will win.

I am quite surprised you dont get this very simple point that most are making.

So Leazes, I have cherry-picked a few quotes from you that state we'll 'NEVER' do it. You have now slowly changed this to 'you have to do it more than once' because it looks like we have a good chance of doing it this season..

My question is this mate. If we qualify for Europe, this season, will you admit that you were wrong (which you insist you have no problem doing) or will you say that you've always said it needs to be more than once (even though this was only a recent change in stance) and still insist that you've 'called it for years'?

oh dear

people cant handle LM's alternative point of view.

exactly

It's you who can't handle other people's. You think everyone should think like you. It would be like Rimmerworld ffs.

I got banned for daring to debate the Ben Arfa Fan Boys. And I only did it in the one thread. And I was right :)

It just shows they value the opinion of Ben Arfa fans rather than knowledgeable Newcastle fans, people that don't care if we win if HBA isn't playing.

It just shows they value the opinion of Ben Arfa fans rather than knowledgeable Newcastle fans, people that don't care if we win if HBA isn't playing.

Good one.

What is Leazes trying to achieve here? Does he think constantly repeating himself will eventually change someone's opinion?

Or does he want to take a blanket "we'll never do well under Ashley" approach that might at certain points allow him to say "told you so", like point-scoring achieves anything?

Even if people were to agree with you, Leazes - what have you gained? A few people you'll never meet have a different opinion? Is it really worth spending so much of your life following one agenda?

When you don't focus on the politics, you make plenty of worthwhile posts that are an asset to the forum. It's a shame you can't put the politics to one side, realising you're not going to sway people to your way of thinking no matter how hard you try.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

No I don't, I think you should just shut up about it now and then. Or always.

There is no 'they', there is you banging a drum that no one cares to listen to anymore.

Everyone would love to enjoy the football, but you're almost trying to say they shouldn't as the regime is not ambitious enough.

There is nothing we can do about the regime... oh fuck it I can't be arsed with all this again.

Good one.

:lol:

I'm with Gemmill and Manc on this one, he's a fucking mental and the fact that he's in his fifties/knows a lot about NUFC from days gone by doesn't change the fact that he's a lunatic. I don't particularly buy the 'just ignore him' line. I don't bother replying to him anymore - mostly due to his (seemingly unchecked) racist comments in general chat but it does take willpower to do so when he posts something so objectionable or addresses you directly/comments on your posts.

If HF is so longing for Leazes' company then stick the contrary twat in the creche with him.

do they have a space for namby pamby softie do gooders ?

Shame that doesn't extend to you making comments about someones supposed mental health, in your own head that is, just because like mancmag you have been completely unable to prove me wrong for over 4 years, as much as you would love to.

Such comments and the inability to acknowledge them speak volumes for both of you, unfortunately.

There's only one sad fucker here, or a few of you, that thinks its OK to post such things, not for the first time I'll say that my opinion is that this is the sort of thing that admin/mods should REALLY be clamping down on, rather than factual based opinions on the football club that you object to because you "disagree" with them.

I'd kind of miss him if he wasn't here though. Just like I hate the fact refs are so inconsistent yet I love the fact they are and we can have a rant and debate about it. If they brought in video evidence during games I'd be happy and gutted at the same time.