The Ceasefire

Guest CabayeAye

Disgrace to ban Leazes from posting, its only a forum for christ sake, the whole point is to have opinions and arguments.

I actually agree with most of what Leazes says and I think this place would be a lot less interesting without him. Like Leazes, i'm also not interested in posting about formations and making post match comments, would much rather read about and discuss issues surrounding the history of, the politics of and the longer term future of the club and in that respect Leazes has a hell of a lot to offer. Some of his less knowledgeable detractors would do well to listen, learn and think about what he is saying, his views are held by many and I think he will be proved right.

I stopped going on NO because there seemed to be too many pro Ashley and unbelievably even anti Keegan posters. Hope Toontastic doesn't end up going the same way

Huh! yer joking aren't you?

One of LM's most annoying habits is stating people have said something when in actual fact they haven't. He once referred to me posting on NO and I don't even know what or where it is. Toontastic is my One & Only, I don't look at or post on any other forum.

His other most annoying habit is sounding like a broken record going on and on and on about prior owners and another era.

His worst habit is his ME ME ME, I'm always right, I know more than anyone!!

that's why i stopped engaging with him. no point trying to have a discussion with someone that makes stuff up and accuses you of saying stuff you never said (particularly when he has no proof to back up his assertions).

if this spell in the creche forces leazesmag to stop drowning the board with his obsession and in turn start posting about stuff that the majority of us want to read, he does have it in him when he tries, then both he and the board will be better for it.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been in his "pro ashley brigade" for ages

largely for thinking hes a crackpot rather than actually being pro ashley, the world in which we live contains threads utterly dominated by someone who thinks that way

Disgrace to ban Leazes from posting, its only a forum for christ sake, the whole point is to have opinions and arguments.

I actually agree with most of what Leazes says and I think this place would be a lot less interesting without him. Like Leazes, i'm also not interested in posting about formations and making post match comments, would much rather read about and discuss issues surrounding the history of, the politics of and the longer term future of the club and in that respect Leazes has a hell of a lot to offer. Some of his less knowledgeable detractors would do well to listen, learn and think about what he is saying, his views are held by many and I think he will be proved right.

I stopped going on NO because there seemed to be too many pro Ashley and unbelievably even anti Keegan posters. Hope Toontastic doesn't end up going the same way

Oh yeah, everyone loves Ashley on here. Clearly. Most of us have a mixed opinion, a mainly negative one that we're willing to put to one side in order to enjoy the impressive season the players and staff have given us.

Whether Leazes is or isn't right isn't the problem for any of us anyway. It's the constant repetition of his views that people have a problem with, often to the detriment of threads that get derailed thanks to him and others.

And yes, it's just a forum. Just a bit of fun, somewhere to debate the club and the sport. No need for people to have agendas on it.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

I'm with Gemmill and Manc on this one, he's a fucking mental and the fact that he's in his fifties/knows a lot about NUFC from days gone by doesn't change the fact that he's a lunatic. I don't particularly buy the 'just ignore him' line. I don't bother replying to him anymore - mostly due to his (seemingly unchecked) racist comments in general chat but it does take willpower to do so when he posts something so objectionable or addresses you directly/comments on your posts.

If HF is so longing for Leazes' company then stick the contrary twat in the creche with him.

Oh yeah, everyone loves Ashley on here. Clearly. Most of us have a mixed opinion, a mainly negative one that we're willing to put to one side in order to enjoy the impressive season the players and staff have given us.

Whether Leazes is or isn't right isn't the problem for any of us anyway. It's the constant repetition of his views that people have a problem with, often to the detriment of threads that get derailed thanks to him and others.

And yes, it's just a forum. Just a bit of fun, somewhere to debate the club and the sport. No need for people to have agendas on it.

exactly, and for all leazes may have fun with "the debate" im reasonably sure its ruining a lot of others enjoyment of the place

better to get rid of the one tbh

Guest CabayeAye

If HF is so longing for Leazes' company then stick the contrary twat in the creche with him.

:lol:

I'm all for getting the pro-LM crew into the creche! Imagine the carnage as they turn on one another! :lol:

HF isn't spot on at all. If all Leazes said was in reply to people goading (which to be fair a lot of it is) then he might have a point.

Aye, agreed. And even if every post he made was attributable to someone 'goading' him, it'd still be massively embarrassing as it's akin to saying he doesnt have the free will to ignore it. As it happens some posts may be in response to others, but at the end of the day he's so utterly obsessed about being 'right' (a grown man of nearly 60) he does much of it completely without reference to anyone else.

Fair play to Ant tbf. Dunno what the craic has been with the complaints or owt but I know I'd get sick of having to deal with them in the first place, never mind deal with them, plead with him to stop and then get totally ignored to boot. He's just an arrogant old dick at the end of the day, it won't do him any harm.

Aye, the whole "stop teasing him" thing is hilarious. We're talking about a grown man here, not a 5 year old kid who can't control their own actions.

And besides, the fact is, he's proven on numerous occasions that he doesn't need goading into anything. He's on a mission from Fred. He's got right on his side and fuck me if he isn't gonna make sure everyone knows about it, whether its relevant to the matter at hand or not.

The fact that he's been saved by bleeding heart namby pamby do gooders is a little bit hilarious though.

This!

HF isn't spot on at all. If all Leazes said was in reply to people goading (which to be fair a lot of it is) then he might have a point.

Aye, agreed. And even if every post he made was attributable to someone 'goading' him, it'd still be massively embarrassing as it's akin to saying he doesnt have the free will to ignore it. As it happens some posts may be in response to others, but at the end of the day he's so utterly obsessed about being 'right' (a grown man of nearly 60) he does much of it completely without reference to anyone else.

Fair play to Ant tbf. Dunno what the craic has been with the complaints or owt but I know I'd get sick of having to deal with them in the first place, never mind deal with them, plead with him to stop and then get totally ignored to boot. He's just an arrogant old dick at the end of the day, it won't do him any harm.

Surely it's the people that can't leave Leazes to it who have no control.

"whaaaaa! booooo! Sulk! The old man is ignoring my argument and repeating his!"

Leazes didn't respond to Cabayeaye's 7 year old thread digging, so he's more restrained than others.

I feel for Ant, he should whack anyone who complains in the creche though.

Except his isnt an argument, its a mantra!

I'm interested in the club, now and past. But why it has to be now v past is fucking tiresome. Whether its LM posting the same tirade or those baiting him because of it, it's all bollocks.

We're in a completely different point in the clubs history. Much like we had time under various other regimes. People need to move on and take where the club is now on its own merit.

I think most people on here are the same. Dislike most stuff Ashley has done to the clubs identity, dislike the grand fuck ups made leading to our relegation. However, enjoy our position in the league right now and the squad we currently have.

Talk about the 50s 60s 90s or whatever but don't derail every fucking thread to do so.

Cant believe some of the comments tbh or point of views. Like a playground at times.

One of LM's most annoying habits is stating people have said something when in actual fact they haven't. He once referred to me posting on NO and I don't even know what or where it is. Toontastic is my One & Only, I don't look at or post on any other forum.

His other most annoying habit is sounding like a broken record going on and on and on about prior owners and another era.

His worst habit is his ME ME ME, I'm always right, I know more than anyone!!

I agree with you there like. Does himself no favours.

How apt that the creche should be first used for LM - the oldest member of us all :D

It would be much appreciated if you would correct the error you have made Maggiepaws. Beyond a shadow of doubt I believe I am the oldest member of us all. :angry:

My apologies mate. I've not been around these parts for a little while and I (wrongly) believed you'd left us. Pleased to see you haven't!

On a separate note - for the record I don't want LM banning either and I don't believe any of us really do. As admins / mods, we just don't want to have to heavily moderate certain members (whomever they are) because of avoidable, tedious stuff like the continuous derailment of threads. People like LM contribute to this place and make it what it is - without it; it would be a far more bland and boring place. That doesn't mean to say I (we) want to have to suffer the other shit that goes with it.

I'm interested in the club, now and past. But why it has to be now v past is fucking tiresome. Whether its LM posting the same tirade or those baiting him because of it, it's all bollocks.

We're in a completely different point in the clubs history. Much like we had time under various other regimes. People need to move on and take where the club is now on its own merit.

I think most people on here are the same. Dislike most stuff Ashley has done to the clubs identity, dislike the grand fuck ups made leading to our relegation. However, enjoy our position in the league right now and the squad we currently have.

Talk about the 50s 60s 90s or whatever but don't derail every fucking thread to do so.

Cant believe some of the comments tbh or point of views. Like a playground at times.

QFT. Sums up my feelings exactly.

Yes, I'm sure you're right. It's everyone elses fault, not his. Ignore the fact he's a lunatic that can't be reasoned with, who makes up people's arguments for them, and who makes up entire opponents when people aren't arguing at all, it's more likely it's down to everyone else but him.

He's been at this for literally years just in case it had escaped your notice.

Aye, it's hilarious.

Cannot for one second imagine the frame of button bashing rage he must get people in for them to write to points of view.

From what I've heard he's as PM/complaint happy as the next person. As I say, I don't really understand the complaints aspect of it, but I feel sorry for anyone having to deal with them.

Either way, it doesn't alter the fact he's clearly not right in the head and has a vastly different sort of attachment to this place than the clear majority of forum members. Which is the only real salient point going in this thread.

Since when have such comments about someone's well being been acceptable Sammy boy ? Some would say this is the sort of thing that admin/mods ought to be REALLY clamping down on, unless people wish to discuss this sort of thing over a friendly pint or something, if they know each other etc etc.

When I was banned on NO, a few people there also made personal comments thinking that I couldn't reply too, which doesn't really say too much about them.

As for your previous post earlier, I've been saying the same thing for years, that is correct, maybe it's because as yet nobody has been able to show that what I said/say is wrong yet ? I'm sure that someone like you would do it fairly quickly if you could, just a thought

Edit.

One more thing, I don't put people on ignore like a bairn, and I don't go complaining to admin like a bairn either just because people disagree with me, I'd prefer to prove them wrong, and I'll admit it if I am and most definitely will if this proves to be the case during the next few years season ticket money that is already paid for.

Edited by LeazesMag

Unless Leazes actually does something out of order then he shouldn't be banned, whether anyone thinks he goes on and on or not. The book review thing for example, not interested? Don't read it. This forum should be fun, a laugh and a place for people to discuss all aspects of NUFC. Maybe we all need to take a breather now and again and remember this, LM included, obviously.

For the record I distrust MA immensley, I'm now in self imposed exile through him and Llambias, I'm still over the moon that we're doing well and watch 90% of our games on taliban telly with other supporters who don't go anymore. If he gets something right I'll give him credit, same as I did with the last lot, although I became disillusioned with them as well. I know one thing, most Mags I know have almost always slagged off anything or anyone who ran our club, from the Pirate, (just before my time) to Seymour, McKeag, Hall, Shepherd, and Fletcher through to the Spivs who've got their mitts on us now.