The Ceasefire

Guest CabayeAye

I made an effort to stop replying to him for a few weeks which was working out but I think I've been drawn back in by what Alex alluded to - I can't believe how terribly negative he still is about the season and despite his denials I think he's reached the point where being "right" means more to him than the team.

Despite my own position of not loving football as much as I used to, I find that view should be opposed.

Still wouldnt ban him though.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'm sure you're right. It's everyone elses fault, not his. Ignore the fact he's a lunatic that can't be reasoned with, who makes up people's arguments for them, and who makes up entire opponents when people aren't arguing at all, it's more likely it's down to everyone else but him.

He's been at this for literally years just in case it had escaped your notice.

Aye, it's hilarious.

Cannot for one second imagine the frame of button bashing rage he must get people in for them to write to points of view.

Edited by Happy Face

Yes, I'm sure you're right. It's everyone elses fault, not his. Ignore the fact he's a lunatic that can't be reasoned with, who makes up people's arguments for them, and who makes up entire opponents when people aren't arguing at all, it's more likely it's down to everyone else but him.

He's been at this for literally years just in case it had escaped your notice.

Aye, it's hilarious.

Cannot for one second imagine the frame of button bashing rage he must get people in for them to write to points of view.

From what I've heard he's as PM/complaint happy as the next person. As I say, I don't really understand the complaints aspect of it, but I feel sorry for anyone having to deal with them.

Either way, it doesn't alter the fact he's clearly not right in the head and has a vastly different sort of attachment to this place than the clear majority of forum members. Which is the only real salient point going in this thread.

Part of the problem on TT is that we all know each other too well and the catchment is quite small. Unlike me most of you lot don't know how to vacilate between personality traits to keep it interesting you boring gimps. :lol:

I have no problem with Leazes and his forum enemies repeating the same shite every day as long as it stayed in one place. What pisses most off is when every football thread gets dragged to the same shitty argument that no one will ever win.

Doing well..... it wont last

Great new signing...... Aha, but where's the rest of the money

etc etc

Ant, dont back down. The creche is a great idea and a day or two of solitary isnt going to hurt anyone.

You would think he was being carted off to Guantanamo.

I totally agree with this but it's far from just Leazes' fault.

Guest CabayeAye

HF isn't spot on at all. If all Leazes said was in reply to people goading (which to be fair a lot of it is) then he might have a point.

Aye, agreed. And even if every post he made was attributable to someone 'goading' him, it'd still be massively embarrassing as it's akin to saying he doesnt have the free will to ignore it. As it happens some posts may be in response to others, but at the end of the day he's so utterly obsessed about being 'right' (a grown man of nearly 60) he does much of it completely without reference to anyone else.

Fair play to Ant tbf. Dunno what the craic has been with the complaints or owt but I know I'd get sick of having to deal with them in the first place, never mind deal with them, plead with him to stop and then get totally ignored to boot. He's just an arrogant old dick at the end of the day, it won't do him any harm.

Surely it's the people that can't leave Leazes to it who have no control.

"whaaaaa! booooo! Sulk! The old man is ignoring my argument and repeating his!"

Leazes didn't respond to Cabayeaye's 7 year old thread digging, so he's more restrained than others.

I feel for Ant, he should whack anyone who complains in the creche though.

I apologised for that you dickhead! Why are you so insistent on me getting banned too??!!

Get him a caring social worker who'll try to rehabilitate him and send him on a wind-surfing weekend in the Lake district.

Isn't that the standard punishment for offenders these days?

How about him getting spanked for 8 months continuously? It worked for Ned Flanders.

How apt that the creche should be first used for LM - the oldest member of us all :D

It would be much appreciated if you would correct the error you have made Maggiepaws. Beyond a shadow of doubt I believe I am the oldest member of us all. :angry:

Disgrace to ban Leazes from posting, its only a forum for christ sake, the whole point is to have opinions and arguments.

I actually agree with most of what Leazes says and I think this place would be a lot less interesting without him. Like Leazes, i'm also not interested in posting about formations and making post match comments, would much rather read about and discuss issues surrounding the history of, the politics of and the longer term future of the club and in that respect Leazes has a hell of a lot to offer. Some of his less knowledgeable detractors would do well to listen, learn and think about what he is saying, his views are held by many and I think he will be proved right.

I stopped going on NO because there seemed to be too many pro Ashley and unbelievably even anti Keegan posters. Hope Toontastic doesn't end up going the same way

Disgrace to ban Leazes from posting, its only a forum for christ sake, the whole point is to have opinions and arguments.

I actually agree with most of what Leazes says and I think this place would be a lot less interesting without him. Like Leazes, i'm also not interested in posting about formations and making post match comments, would much rather read about and discuss issues surrounding the history of, the politics of and the longer term future of the club and in that respect Leazes has a hell of a lot to offer. Some of his less knowledgeable detractors would do well to listen, learn and think about what he is saying, his views are held by many and I think he will be proved right.

I stopped going on NO because there seemed to be too many pro Ashley and unbelievably even anti Keegan posters. Hope Toontastic doesn't end up going the same way

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/32312-leazesmag-post-generator/

There you go. That'll cover 95% of what he has to say, if you love reading it so much.

I have no problem with Leazes and his forum enemies repeating the same shite every day as long as it stayed in one place. What pisses most off is when every football thread gets dragged to the same shitty argument that no one will ever win.

Doing well..... it wont last

Great new signing...... Aha, but where's the rest of the money

etc etc

Ant, dont back down. The creche is a great idea and a day or two of solitary isnt going to hurt anyone.

You would think he was being carted off to Guantanamo.

I totally agree with this but it's far from just Leazes' fault.

Definitely not just his fault and most of us have been guilty at one time or another of getting into it with him, but a short sharp bit of moderation like this might bring a bit of balance back to the football forums and make them worth reading again.

Huh! yer joking aren't you?

One of LM's most annoying habits is stating people have said something when in actual fact they haven't. He once referred to me posting on NO and I don't even know what or where it is. Toontastic is my One & Only, I don't look at or post on any other forum.

His other most annoying habit is sounding like a broken record going on and on and on about prior owners and another era.

His worst habit is his ME ME ME, I'm always right, I know more than anyone!!