The Day The Promises Had To Stop

LeazesMag

He did," where's the Carroll cash"

If you type that onto Google translation and select the Leazes Mag option it comes out as this

" Cisse looks a quality player bought at a fraction of the cost of Carroll, who, in conjunction with BA look like a formidable partnership"

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

We at chapter 10 yet?

had a busy weekend, been to the match etc etc etc

Keep it coming Old Chap.

If you "sound out" difficult words when you come across them, it often helps.

Unless its an audio book.

Guest CabayeAye

Carroll or Ba + Cisse + £20m

3 goals or 16 goals + 1 goal + £20m

The 20 million quid has gone into the FCB's skyrocket. But we now have 17 goals worth of strikeforce as opposed to Carroll's 3 goals this season.

Sod the "Carroll money", we are VASTLY better off with Ba and Cisse rather than a one trick, one season flash in the pan who also happens to be a spectacular arsehole in public.

Edited by CabayeAye

Chapter 8

+++++++

Almost solely concerned with personality clashes behind the scenes, Sir John Hall wanted the re-instatement of Douglas and FS while Mr Cassidy and one or two others didn’t. I suspected the root of this book would take a bitter stance and it now appears to be heading in that direction.

This was not helped by the author stating that Kenny Dalglish dedicated the FA Cup Semi Final win to Douglas and Fred. Maybe the author thinks he knows more about football and how to succeed than Dalglish, who undoubtedly understood what is needed from the boardroom to succeed in football having spent his years at Liverpool and Blackburn.

He also talks about rumoured sale of shares to NTL, the change of manager, and then proclaims moving into 9th place in the table then a slump to 14th, which undoubtedly it is when you are used to being a lot higher than that………This whole paragraph seems as if the only thing that matters to him is the “image” of the boardroom, personally as a football supporter I’d rather have a good team on the pitch then “gentlemen” in the boardroom anytime, after all the Halls and Shepherd had taken over a club with one foot in the 3rd division that had been run for decades by “gentlemen”. He says the moves by Sir John and Freddie Fletcher to re-instate Douglas and Fred were quite simply because they thought the club was best run by them and looking at the progress made by the club in the 4-5 years so far, it is difficult to argue against that. He closes chapter 8 by criticising the FA Cup Final defeat to ManU and comments on the embarkation of a high risk but financially rewarding financial journey by the 2 re-instated board members. Of course, the alternative was reverting to being run by gentlemen again

:lol: This thread.

what a shame, that intelligent people like yourself, have absolutely NOTHING to say about the book, and reply to the poster rather than the post. This was a genuine effort by myself to write a comprehensive review of a book which covers a period that I post about a lot, and gain an insight into things I may not have heard before, but so far this is all that it has become.

How sad is that.

Maybe it is all out of your depth ? Just a thought.

Edited by LeazesMag

what a shame, that intelligent people like yourself, have absolutely NOTHING to say about the book, and reply to the poster rather than the post. This was a genuine effort by myself to write a comprehensive review of a book which covers a period that I post about a lot, and gain an insight into things I may not have heard before, but so far this is all that it has become.

How sad is that.

The thing is anything he writes that you dissagree with or doesn't fit your agenda you simply slate him.

Now that's the sad thing

How sad is that.

The thing is anything he writes that you dissagree with or doesn't fit your agenda you simply slate him.

Now that's the sad thing

I'm disagreeing with things I think or know are wrong. Nowt to do with "opinion". The only agenda I have is to see the club show the ambition it ought to show. How many times does this need to be told to you ?

I simply don't agree that they [ie the PLC board] would "run the club better" than the group of people who had taken the club from one foot in the 3rd division to the brink of the premiership in 3-4 years, don't you agree ?

60 year old bairn tbh. As everyone already knew without the book reviews.

so says the adult who doesn't listen to other views ? Your getting as bad as Gloomy man, who also won't admit that he's been bickering with me for years and is now spouting what I've told him all along. Pathetic.

anyway, I'll try and leave this thread for people who may want to try and post intelligently about the book, which is the whole point, and continue the reviews, including my "opinion" where I think it is appropriate.

Sir John said that Ashley would be the father of the "Geordie nation" and that Ashley and his descendants should circumcize the male Geordie babies on the eighth day after birth to seal the contract.

edit: Shit, wrong book.

Edited by @yourservice

I haven't read the book but I always used to wonder why the club was floated at all - it didn't pay for the ground expansion and it didn't fund a huge transfer foray - I think all our deals over the next 5 years were done "within turnover" as it were.

Of course the question was answered in 2007.

(Can I get away with saying this now?)

I'll be quite happy to carry on with this review, if anybody wishes to be constructive and intelligent about the quotes and comments, assuming they actually know what was going on at that time and can delve into their memories to put it all in its correct context.

Noelie is older than me, he should have a good memory.

I'll be quite happy to carry on with this review, if anybody wishes to be constructive and intelligent about the quotes and comments, assuming they actually know what was going on at that time and can delve into their memories to put it all in its correct context.

Drop the arrogant patronising tone for fuck sake mate. No wonder it's all kicking off with you. Genuine question, what enjoyment do you get out of being here if that's the tone of your posts? You should take a self-imposed break from here imo, your posts just aren't pleasant reading any more.

I'm always wary of books on NUFC to be honest. Most are what I would class as stocking fillers, not brilliantly written, not full of anything funny/exciting, and published because lots of people at Christmas go 'eeh, our Dave's a big toon fan, I'll get him that book' and therefore they'll make some cash. Do I sound like I speak from experience here? I can't be the only one who's inundation with shite cheap NUFC related presents every year.

Anyway Leazes, carry on.

Drop the arrogant patronising tone for fuck sake mate. No wonder it's all kicking off with you. Genuine question, what enjoyment do you get out of being here if that's the tone of your posts? You should take a self-imposed break from here imo, your posts just aren't pleasant reading any more.

yep, I get enjoyment sometimes, but what I also get is fed up of people like you who have supported the club for 5 minutes and try to tell me I am wrong.

I'll put up more of the book for those who are hopefully knowledgeable enough, and old enough to get the whole perspective.

Guest CabayeAye

Maybe put "(Age 50+)" in the thread title to avoid the awkward situation of "someone who's only been supporting the club 5 minutes" offering an opinion.

We could have seperate 'Bed Wetters" forum for those who are nearly dead!