The Day The Promises Had To Stop

LeazesMag

@LM

Nobody mentioned Keegan, he said lesser managers you bell.

Why the obsession with me seeing games? Most of my posts to you relate to proven facts that have no relevance to actual games. Things like transfers, costs etc

I watch and have played football for 30 years so I am in a pretty good position to talk about it. You go to every game but rarely, if ever, comment on the game or players which pretty much sums you up

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you really think that you can be successful without backing your manager, you seriously need help.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You just can't join the dots, can you? It's genuinely troubling that that is your response to what I had to say.

@LM

Why the obsession with me seeing games? Most of my posts to you relate to proven facts that have no relevance to actual games. Things like transfers, costs etc

I watch and have played football for 30 years so I am in a pretty good position to talk about it. You go to every game but rarely, if ever, comment on the game or players which pretty much sums you up

because, basically, if you don't and haven't supported NUFC for many many years, you are in absolutely no position whatsoever to disagree with me and tell me I am wrong about the football club.

I've told you why I don't comment on games [actually sometimes I do] but it isn't a pre-condition of posting so far as I'm aware, and I don't see what is so necessary about it.

My comments on successful clubs needing to have managers that are backed by their owners/directors and refrain from selling their best players and replacing with cheaper and money disappearing, are totally backed up by all successful clubs there has ever been. If you don't see or accept that, then you really are an imbecile, and there is no point whatsoever in engaging any form of debate with you.

if you really think that you can be successful without backing your manager, you seriously need help.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You just can't join the dots, can you? It's genuinely troubling that that is your response to what I had to say.

ah, an accountant who can't admit the he backed the spending of unlimited funds. That's genuinely troubling.

@LM

because, basically, if you don't and haven't supported NUFC for many many years, you are in absolutely no position whatsoever to disagree with me and tell me I am wrong about the football club.

Arrogant bullshit.

"hey Gemmill, are you still backing throwing money at Souness?"

I love the wording of that too. As if Souness would get a cheque in the post tomorrow, just for him to spend on his own Highland Toffee and a bothie, if Gemmill was running the show.

Edited by Happy Face

@LM

I've told you why I don't comment on games [actually sometimes I do] but it isn't a pre-condition of posting so far as I'm aware, and I don't see what is so necessary about it.

My comments on successful clubs needing to have managers that are backed by their owners/directors and refrain from selling their best players and replacing with cheaper and money disappearing, are totally backed up by all successful clubs there has ever been. If you don't see or accept that, then you really are an imbecile, and there is no point whatsoever in engaging any form of debate with you.

Except for the fact that currently you are wrong and that argument relies on future events that have not and may not happen. Solid case made right there.

Pardew was backed in the last transfer window tbh. All the talk about Tiote being flogged and no one coming in turned out to be 'wide of the mark'. There's always the summer like ;)

ah, an accountant who can't admit the he backed the spending of unlimited funds. That's genuinely troubling.

Fruit loop.

"I think backing the manager is a good idea. What do you think?"

"I think it is hilarious that you don't think that backing the manager is a good idea."

"But I said it was a good idea."

"Haha you think it is a good idea to back the manager. What is wrong with you?"

Bonkers.

Pardew was backed in the last transfer window tbh. All the talk about Tiote being flogged and no one coming in turned out to be 'wide of the mark'. There's always the summer like ;)

Rather spend time worrying about them being sold rather than enjoying them while they're here tbh.

Obviously it went better than some previous windows, but I don't think he was 'backed'.

To sell players offers have to come in. It's not like we were knocking back huge money to retain our best players. And they failed to secure Pardew a centre back which he wanted.

Obviously it went better than some previous windows, but I don't think he was 'backed'.

To sell players offers have to come in. It's not like we were knocking back huge money to retain our best players. And they failed to secure Pardew a centre back which he wanted.

Aye, well I was being slightly facetious, which you may have picked up on. Net result was he was, in effect, 'backed' though imo.

Aye, well I was being slightly facetious, which you may have picked up on. Net result was he was, in effect, 'backed' though imo.

I did wonder like, cos you agreed with me last week that it wasn't a particularly inspiring window.

I did wonder like, cos you agreed with me last week that it wasn't a particularly inspiring window.

Wasn't for anyone really. That obviously helped us hang onto our players though. Agree that it would've been good to sign a central defender. Williamson is ropey as fuck imo. Still a better option than Perch or Simpson there though.

And Kadar (for Monroe Transfer ;) ).

Rather spend time worrying about them being sold rather than enjoying them while they're here tbh.

an acceptance of them being sold ?

that's about right, I'm sure some will believe otherwise though and we are about to march our way to world domination because we've bought one player and won 2 games in a week.

If a huge offer comes in or they refuse to sign a new contract with 12 months left then they will be sold, I accept it and have no problem with it as long as they're replaced sufficiently which so far seems to be happening, don't you agree?

It's strange that you seem to be moaning about us selling these best players yet have refused to give the club credit for scouting and buying them in the first place.

Btw what did you think of Cisse yesterday?

If a huge offer comes in or they refuse to sign a new contract with 12 months left then they will be sold, I accept it and have no problem with it as long as they're replaced sufficiently which so far seems to be happening, don't you agree?

It's strange that you seem to be moaning about us selling these best players yet have refused to give the club credit for scouting and buying them in the first place.

Btw what did you think of Cisse yesterday?

where is the rest of the Carroll cash ? Don't you think that, as a place in the top 4 is so open and easy to grasp, that they should have backed their manager to attempt to get it rather than withholding transfer cash ?

This will be the feature of Ashley's ownership, he will never attempt it. This season is like winning the title for him, to do as well as this and fool the gullible supporters into thinkng things are going just great, courtesy of a good manager, but I thought you always said it was the DOF system ie Wise rather than Keegan, which would automatically reap such rewards ?

Edit. Whether or not they sign a new contract with 12 months left, really depends on who and where the new offer comes from, but I can see that you will accept such offers from clubs we ought to be attempting to match if not tell them to fuck off and attract the player to stay. What a shame you and others don't appear to understand this.

Edited by LeazesMag

Baggio, he already said what he thought of Cisse yesterday

"Where's the Carroll money"

Don't you get it? Lol

you clearly are really only a 10 year old, taken in by one signing and 2 wins in a week. :icon_lol:

where is the rest of the Carroll cash ? Don't you think that, as a place in the top 4 is so open and easy to grasp, that they should have backed their manager to attempt to get it rather than withholding transfer cash ?

This will be the feature of Ashley's ownership, he will never attempt it. This season is like winning the title for him, to do as well as this and fool the gullible supporters into thinkng things are going just great, courtesy of a good manager, but I thought you always said it was the DOF system ie Wise rather than Keegan, which would automatically reap such rewards ?

Edit. Whether or not they sign a new contract with 12 months left, really depends on who and where the new offer comes from, but I can see that you will accept such offers from clubs we ought to be attempting to match if not tell them to fuck off and attract the player to stay. What a shame you and others don't appear to understand this.

As I've said to you before, as far as I'm aware the rest of the cash for Carroll is still in the club as they never had any intention of spending it all at once, after all if the club isn't making a profit and they go and blow all of the Carroll cash in one window then what are they going to do for money the following windows?

I didn't say Wise over Keegan at all, I said the club needs to employ a solid scouting network to take the pressure off the manager which the DOF role would have done, while he's not classed as a DOF Graham Carr has been brought in and has taken that pressure off Pardew, I also said the person brought in should be brought in by the club rather than the manager with the reason being when the manager leaves we're left with it still in place.

If they won't sign a contract and they've got 12 months left then get rid and invest the money in a good replacement, nobody is irreplaceable no matter how high we rate them.

I noticed you didn't answer the question about Cisse, any reason why you're avoiding it?