Newcastle United - Aston Villa 2-1

Aeris

I think this is going to be a hard game tbh, they've got some dangerous players & we are quite lacking in midfield when we play 4-3-3 so I'm hoping Pardew is going to change it.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

N'Zogbia is always a thorn in our side. Bent too for that matter

Aye, this ones a million miles from plain sailing tbh. They're ordinary as owt in most departments but they can score if they get the ball to them two. We need to be pressing them with the Demba's back to take the wind out of their sails. Remind them of how poor they are as a team rather than bypass both midfields. Ben Arfa for me.

They've kept 2 clean sheets in their last 16 games, both in 0-0 draws. If both Dembas are back and we keep tight at the back we'll be in good shape

They're 3rd in the away from league. Spiky.

12th in form over all though and in their last 6 away games have; 1 win (Wolves), 2 draws, and 3 losses

Aye I don't see the point in not starting them both either. Especially if it means playing Shola or Best instead - the pair of them deserve dropping anyway.

Aye the two Dembas have been playing and training together for a few weeks I'd far rather throw in this Cisse straight away because simply the fact he's more of an unknown quantity already gives him an advantage over Leon Ameobi.

I think they'll set up to catch us on the break which makes this tricky because we've struggled with that this season.

If we play the now signature suicidal high defensive line we'll get a good pumping, N'zogbia and Bent on the break against Williamson isn't something I want to see.

I think this is going to be a difficult game as they do have some decent players but hopefully the return of Ba plus an additional striker should give us a boost as well as the confidence we should have draw from the Blackburn game.

If he was a couple of years younger I would have had him back as he was a very solid LB when he left us, but at 34 he's past it

:secret: You mean RB :secret:

If he was a couple of years younger I would have had him back as he was a very solid LB when he left us, but at 34 he's past it

:secret: You mean RB :secret:

Aye, RB, shame he did nothing after leaving us. Always thought he was a cracking player at the Toon