Ashley hoying cash into the yoof

Ayatollah Hermione

Bit like here though, you'd need a fucking huge investment to win the league there now.

Tottenham could win the league, they're no bigger than us on an even level playing field. Barcelona and Real Madrid are streets ahead in Spain right now, but with Valencia's 2003 team I doubt they would be, or even Deportivo in 2002.

with Roy Makaay and Valeron (and *ahem* luque)

god I loved that team

No problem with this as it seems a reasonable way to clear player who have stagnated or who simply won't make it. Not the same as not entering a reserve team at all (which I'm not saying was good or bad fwiw), hopefully means a few players in the academy get a shot at a higher level. After all the kids are our future... ;)

Point taken, Stevie. But within that context if Spurs win the league, it'll be a phenomenal achievement. I fancy them to just miss out though.

I agree, but they're there or there abouts, and no one is saying Ashley look spend £200m on players or even copy what Liverpool have done, just have a bit of a go like Spurs, I think if players like Cisse were the theme while retaining our top players, I'd be happy with that.

Tottenham could win the league, they're no bigger than us on an even level playing field. Barcelona and Real Madrid are streets ahead in Spain right now, but with Valencia's 2003 team I doubt they would be, or even Deportivo in 2002.

god I loved that team

The little winger was a genius, Fran, mind that game they had to beat Milan 4-0 to go through and they did.

god I loved that team

The little winger was a genius, Fran, mind that game they had to beat Milan 4-0 to go through and they did.

it was that couple of years that I started paying attention to foreign football, which is why Ive a soft spot for them and Lazio

Noooo not Kadar.

Hold on a moment - I thought we were near the top of the reserve league, in fact the winner of that Man Utd game would go top unless I'm much mistaken?

Also the .com article talks of Folan and others leaving as well - including Tavernier, which is nonsense because Pardew has been complimentary about him and he;s been allowed to go on loan to a number of league clubs because they want him playing football at a higher level.

Bit like here though, you'd need a fucking huge investment to win the league there now.

Quite. So much for being unable to challenge the bankrolled clubs if Spurs win the league .... in fact, they have pretty much shown what we ought to be doing at the very least already. Which is of course, precisely the same as we did under the previous regime who also had to challenge only one less bankrolled club than the present.

As I said before this is the model( spurs and arsenal),I think, that we are following but we are a few years behind Spurs. A few years ago Spurs were bottom half and flogged their star striker for £30m.

Our first choice 11 would give theirs a run for their money, we just lack the depth

and we qualified for europe and the Champions League more than every other club bar 4 in that period, by accruing more points than 87 other clubs.

And the debt started to pile up, the BEST years were at the very beginning of the tenure, it was innexorably downhill after that and there was no way back because we were skint.

i.e. our debt directly effected our ability to accrue points.

Indisputable facts there btw

Still got a partially built new stadium on the go haven't they? I.e. one where the work keeps stopping because they're skint.

I read an article somewhere about this, it's some situation where they can't afford to continue construction (due to their debts and paying for the rental/upkeep of their current ground) but the Government would hit them with fines etc if they stop building the ground so they employ a few builders to be on site daily and pretend they're working :lol:.

Still got a partially built new stadium on the go haven't they? I.e. one where the work keeps stopping because they're skint.

I read an article somewhere about this, it's some situation where they can't afford to continue construction (due to their debts and paying for the rental/upkeep of their current ground) but the Government would hit them with fines etc if they stop building the ground so they employ a few builders to be on site daily and pretend they're working :lol:.

Bloody hell it's the perfect job for any Spaniard surely? :lol:

Not too sure on that.

Bloody hell it's the perfect job for any Spaniard surely? :lol:

:lol: Aye that's what I thought when I read it in all, wouldn't have been short on applicants for it.

Not too sure on that.

Not sure on Tottenham being no bigger than us?

Really?

I think we're the greatest untapped club in this country bar none. We've never really had our potential realised unlike the usual suspects at the top who have been run with an ambition to win trophies and compete most years.

Not sure on Tottenham being no bigger than us?

Really?

I think we're the greatest untapped club in this country bar none. We've never really had our potential realised unlike the usual suspects at the top who have been run with an ambition to win trophies and compete most years.

You'll have to explain to me why a team who couldn't fill their little ground till 2004, who have been in the top 4 once in 20 years, who have won TWO league titles in their existence, are a bigger more historic better supported club than us. Without a doubt they're making £20m more than us at the minute but that's a lot to do with the last 7 or 8 years for both clubs. On what ground are they bigger?

You'll have to ask 2bias, Stevie. ;)

They have bigger heads and mouths I'll give them that but otherwise.......

I once had it out with one about how our support was shit everytime time we were crap/relegated etc and after re-educating him, (he really did know fuck all of both clubs support and history) the kid started crying how "unfair" it was that our support got praised whilst their support got slated for being too demanding and getting on their players backs. Personally I'd have added that they also own one of the shittest songs going with that slow 'when the spurs go marching in' dirge.

23,000 not too long after they've just won the UEFA CUP v us, (and that's including our support by the way in their glory, glory years).

Never bigger than us. Doing better right now, like, but not bigger.

You'll have to ask 2bias, Stevie. ;)

They have bigger heads and mouths I'll give them that but otherwise.......

I once had it out with one about how our support was shit everytime time we were crap/relegated etc and after re-educating him, (he really did know fuck all of both clubs support and history) the kid started crying how "unfair" it was that our support got praised whilst their support got slated for being too demanding and getting on their players backs. Personally I'd have added that they also own one of the shittest songs going with that slow 'when the spurs go marching in' dirge.

23,000 not too long after they've just won the UEFA CUP v us, (and that's including our support by the way in their glory, glory years).

Never bigger than us. Doing better right now, like, but not bigger.

Ah aye sorry it was 2bias. That's what pisses me off with OOT's 400 miles away they have no comprehension of what Newcastle United are. Not all OOT's granted, spend a year in Newcastle and a year as a Tottenham fan it wouldn't even be close. The advantage they have presently is an ambitious board, a better side, and they're in London, and that really is it. They're not a bigger name than us, they don't have more fans than us, and they're not as important to the footballing nation as we are.

I think right now, players would choose them over us because of what a good side they are, and their ambitions and recent performances in Europe, but that doesn't make them bigger. In 1994 Chris Sutton knocked Arsenal back for Blackburn for similar reasons why someone would choose Tottenham over us.

Edited by McFaul

I couldn't give a shit about Spurs tbh. I will probably have a laugh when 'Arry's convicted for tax evasion and they plummet like a stone, mainly because they're above their station and get bumlicked by a large contingent of Fleet Street. But that's as far as it goes.

I couldn't give a shit about Spurs tbh. I will probably have a laugh when 'Arry's convicted for tax evasion and they plummet like a stone, mainly because they're above their station and get bumlicked by a large contingent of Fleet Street. But that's as far as it goes.

I'd love it love it if Redknaps is convicted and does time. But I won't, cos he won't because it's not what you've done, it's who you know and he's a shady fucking character with fingers in every pie and pocket in the country

I'd love it love it if Redknaps is convicted and does time. But I won't, cos he won't because it's not what you've done, it's who you know and he's a shady fucking character with fingers in every pie and pocket in the country

I suspect you're right. He's basically pleading that he's a loveable cockney barrow boy who don't know nuffink 'bout nuffink. Which is basically the same defence that Ken Dodd pulled, except Ken hid all his money under his mattress instead of a bank account in Monaco that he'd flown out to set up personally. Of course loveable 'Arry wouldn't set out to screw the Revenue, not even if he'd lost loads of money on failed business ventures and needed the cash. He's just a humble football man after all.

Personally I think he might be found guilty. If the jury see through his abysmal patter, as I hope they do, then the prosecution will likely push for a custodial sentence to set an example. Please let the judge be an arsenal or Soton supporter. I shouldn't take pleasure in other people's misfortune but what goes around, comes around 'Arry.

Personally I think he might be found guilty. If the jury see through his abysmal patter, as I hope they do, then the prosecution will likely push for a custodial sentence to set an example. Please let the judge be an arsenal or Soton supporter. I shouldn't take pleasure in other people's misfortune but what goes around, comes around 'Arry.

I think this is key, if it was some FA trial I'd agree 100% with the fish that he'd get off with it and the FA chief would ruffle his hair on the way out the door. This is a criminal trial and everything he's done and has been doing is very very dodgy, his excuses like 'but I was focusing on Beckham' aren't going to fly and if that's honestly the type of shit he's going to go with he's fucked.

Harry is a crook and if everything that's leveled at him is true he fully deserves the punishment he gets.

I think this is key, if it was some FA trial I'd agree 100% with the fish that he'd get off with it and the FA chief would ruffle his hair on the way out the door. This is a criminal trial and everything he's done and has been doing is very very dodgy, his excuses like 'but I was focusing on Beckham' aren't going to fly and if that's honestly the type of shit he's going to go with he's fucked.

Harry is a crook and if everything that's leveled at him is true he fully deserves the punishment he gets.

hope the cunt does time, I can just see him being led downstairs by his slack-jaws and protesting "I never dun nuffink"