The Children are our future

The Fish

Of course, none of this means our youth are actually any good, just that we retain plenty.

It means our youth are better than the other 9 teams in their division

Only one of which is top flight.

:dunno: you can only beat the team in front of you.

The way I look at it is our Youth team is doing well in their league and cup and we're in a good position when it come to "home-grown" players.

That cannot be a source of gloom, surely?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I look at it is our Youth team is doing well in their league and cup and we're in a good position when it come to "home-grown" players.

Not at all.

But the actual "home grown" players capable of holding down a place in the first team are Krul, Ameobi and Taylor. They've all been at the club longer than the current owners, so hardly a ringing endorsement of their youth development.

Once Vuckic, Sammy and Ferguson actually start a few games in a row and look the part, then I'll be happy, but it remains to be seen if they have that level of ability.

Not at all.

But the actual "home grown" players capable of holding down a place in the first team are Krul, Ameobi and Taylor. They've all been at the club longer than the current owners, so hardly a ringing endorsement of their youth development.

Once Vuckic, Sammy and Ferguson actually start a few games in a row and look the part, then I'll be happy, but it remains to be seen if they have that level of ability.

Aye, that's about the size of it. No one is saying this is a bad thing, it's more a case of 'so fuck?' until one or two start coming through every two or three years.

Not at all.

I think in dissecting Leazes brain you've become infected by it. I'm not endorsing Ashley, nor his regime. Just saying that the current kids teams are doing well and we're well situated with regards to fielding home grown players which is a trend that FIFA are taking more seriously.

Every club does think it has a good youth system, however few can point to FAPAL tables as evidence. You realise being pleased that the youth teams are performing well, or that the 1st team is doing well in the league, or being please at the latest incoming signing, you realise that none of this will mean you're Ashley's favourite little rent boy, right?

I do defend you, fwiw but your argument is so disjointed and nonsensical it's a bit of a strain on even this "self professed intelligent" man. Although, I don't know why I should bother defending you, the worst perpetrator, when you persist in lying?

I'm guessing you still won't apologise for lying?

unfortunately, while nobody is saying having a good youth team isn't pleasing, the reality is that, for every football club in the world, the focus is almost solely on the first team. Everything about a club is reflected in the first team, supporters, bankers, commercial aspects, everything.

I've nothing to apologise for. People misrepresent me all the time, and you blatantly disregard it. Not that I'm bothered.

I think in dissecting Leazes brain you've become infected by it. I'm not endorsing Ashley, nor his regime. Just saying that the current kids teams are doing well and we're well situated with regards to fielding home grown players which is a trend that FIFA are taking more seriously.

Think there's been a blurring between the OP and the youth league as the thread's progressed.

Like I said to CT, the OP means littkle to us for the future, because we could go and pull 40 kids off the street, name them in our squad and never give them a game. Nice as it is for FIFA to promote an investment in youth from top flight clubs, it says nowt about their quality.

We're flying in our group of the youth league, which is great, but as I say, the opposition aren't exactly the creme of the creme in group D. Without seeing the games, I would expect our kids to be better than Barnsley. If we've been tearing them all apart and looking like Brazil, that's another matter.

unfortunately, while nobody is saying having a good youth team isn't pleasing, the reality is that, for every football club in the world, the focus is almost solely on the first team. Everything about a club is reflected in the first team, supporters, bankers, commercial aspects, everything.

I've nothing to apologise for. People misrepresent me all the time, and you blatantly disregard it. Not that I'm bothered.

More lies.

I don't misrepresent you, so hows about that you cease misattributing positions at least to me, if nobody else.

More lies.

I don't misrepresent you, so hows about that you cease misattributing positions at least to me, if nobody else.

you misrepresent me, saying otherwise is a lie, but I don't see what you're crying about, personally I couldn't give a toss.

On topic, this thread is a pile of bollocks anyway, it's the sort of shite that CT would start and would be backed up by the likes of Jaysouthernmag, Bestbanone, semimental etc etc .... all those only just out of short pants who think that soopa Mike is the dogs bollocks and won't be told he has put the club back 20 years.

The observation by HF is correct when he points out that only Krul, Taylor and Ameobi are starting regularly in the first team, all products of the hopeless Fred's regime as per the youth policy, hardly a ringing endorsement of the "new". In time, you and others will realise everything I am saying is correct, but another prediction I make is that you will NEVER admit it.

Edited by LeazesMag

A Newcastle youth player who's played for England scored for Liverpool tonight mind, can't be too bad ;)

from the "shite" youth policy, inferior to the "new" one ?

Every club does think it has a good youth system, however few can point to FAPAL tables as evidence. You realise being pleased that the youth teams are performing well, or that the 1st team is doing well in the league, or being please at the latest incoming signing, you realise that none of this will mean you're Ashley's favourite little rent boy, right?

I do defend you, fwiw but your argument is so disjointed and nonsensical it's a bit of a strain on even this "self professed intelligent" man. Although, I don't know why I should bother defending you, the worst perpetrator, when you persist in lying?

lying ?

Please tell me - what sort of "future" did you have in mind when you titled this thread ?

More lies.

you misrepresent me, saying otherwise is a lie, but I don't see what you're crying about, personally I couldn't give a toss.

On topic, this thread is a pile of bollocks anyway, it's the sort of shite that CT would start and would be backed up by the likes of Jaysouthernmag, Bestbanone, semimental etc etc .... all those only just out of short pants who think that soopa Mike is the dogs bollocks and won't be told he has put the club back 20 years.

The observation by HF is correct when he points out that only Krul, Taylor and Ameobi are starting regularly in the first team, all products of the hopeless Fred's regime as per the youth policy, hardly a ringing endorsement of the "new". In time, you and others will realise everything I am saying is correct, but another prediction I make is that you will NEVER admit it.

If you can point out where, in this thread I've endorsed Ashley?

No, no you can't, because I haven't.

The reason I could give a toss is because you're a liar. You say people have said something when they haven't, you say people believe something when they don't. You hold alternative positions, which is fine, but instead of discussion, you repeat the same litany ad infinitum. What isn't fine is lying, constantly.

More lies.

The reason I could give a toss is because you're a liar. You say people have said something when they haven't, you say people believe something when they don't. You hold alternative positions, which is fine, but instead of discussion, you repeat the same litany ad infinitum. What isn't fine is lying, constantly.

love that hes lumping me in with these now despite never showing any inclination that I think Ashley is any cop

must be because I think hes a bit touched and as we've seen he cant separate arguments into their subtler components in his head its

"dislike anything about me = ashley lover, what else could it be afterall?"

mad old coot

More lies.

plenty of people say I say things I don't [including you now], plenty of people say I believe something that I don't.

I repeat the same facts to numerous people who are calling Mike Ashley incorrectly because they are deluded, that is all there is too it, if they don't suit you, tough shit I'm afraid.

You are insinuating that I am the only person who does this, therefore you are also a liar, because this is not true.

Lastly I think you are getting your knickers in a massive twist about all of this, you need to lighten up a bit, I really think you are taking it seriously and becoming offended for some reason.

I'll leave this for now, your stance is amusing and wierd to be honest.

love that hes lumping me in with these now despite never showing any inclination that I think Ashley is any cop

must be because I think hes a bit touched and as we've seen he cant separate arguments into their subtler components in his head its

"dislike anything about me = ashley lover, what else could it be afterall?"

mad old coot

I'm just "lumping you in" with all the other pro-Ashley deluded apologists.

You can either continue living in your delusion, or start listening to me because I'm right, everything I say and have said about Mike Ashley and how NUFC will do is correct, everything I have said in this thread is correct.

Edited by LeazesMag

lying ?

Please tell me - what sort of "future" did you have in mind when you titled this thread ?

bump

You can either continue living in your delusion, or start listening to me because I'm right, everything I say and have said about Mike Ashley and how NUFC will do is correct, everything I have said in this thread is correct.

See, it's shit like this.

Find me a quote where semimental has been shown to be Pro-Ashley, you can't because he hasn't. Just like you can't show me where I've lied about you, you can't show where Manc Mag has been afraid to give his opinion, you can't show any of your claims because the majority are fantasies.

You insist people answer your questions, so now I've got one for you. Why do you falsely attribute positions to other people?

Find me a quote where semimental has been shown to be Pro-Ashley, you can't because he hasn't. Just like you can't show me where I've lied about you, you can't show where Manc Mag has been afraid to give his opinion, you can't show any of your claims because the majority are fantasies.

You insist people answer your questions, so now I've got one for you. Why do you falsely attribute positions to other people?

you're mad. All the posts in that new thread about me aren't true either, so be consistent or fuck off. You're taking this rather seriously aren't you, you really believe that I call everybody and nobody calls me ? Seriously, get a life. Go and see a doctor.

lying ?

bump

and answer this.

and answer this.

Not until you answer mine.

Well, you certainly have a bee in your bonnet. Until you see your inconsistency [and unlike you I'm not crying about all of this] ....... you see, people who differ to me don't bother me when I know that I am right [which I am and I'm happy to tell them so until the cows come home because I'm 100%] but I don't have any time for these hypocrisies that you are now coming out with. Everybody on here can see that people are giving me just as much flak as I give them, I don't care about that, but if YOU are going to say that I should apologise and nobody else ought to, then you can fuck right off.

Sorry like.

Thing is, when you started this thread, you gave it the title you did because you are in your own mind, looking at a deluded golden future aren't you ? Admit it. :icon_lol:

Edited by LeazesMag

just ignore him man - it seems half the board have him blocked now and yet i'm still reading his guff through quotes! it's pointless trying to engage with someone that accuses you of saying things you didn't and making stuff up. he needs help. walking away is the best move - if enough of us do it perhaps he'll finally get bored and fuck off somewhere else.

just ignore him man - it seems half the board have him blocked now and yet i'm still reading his guff through quotes! it's pointless trying to engage with someone that accuses you of saying things you didn't and making stuff up. he needs help. walking away is the best move - if enough of us do it perhaps he'll finally get bored and fuck off somewhere else.

one day if you admit that you are now spouting what I told you years ago, I might have some respect for you, you utter moaning arsehole.