The Children are our future

The Fish

http://www.themag.co.uk/tyne-talk/nufc-in-top-5-with-%E2%80%98club-trained-players%E2%80%99/

Newcastle United are ahead of the game with successful youth development according to a new Europe-wide survey. United have a rating of 26.9% as ‘club-trained’ which is the fifth best in England and easily above the European average of 22.2%.

The hard data was compiled for a demographic study of Europe’s top divisions by the CIES Football Observatory in Switzerland. The study makes detailed analysis of 12,410 footballers at 500 clubs in the top divisions of 33 European countries.

A ‘club-trained player’ is defined as someone who has spent at least three seasons being ‘developed’ by a club between the ages of 15 and 21. The study considers how many such players remain at the clubs who developed them, or in other words, the extent of successful youth development by club / league.

Across Europe, the leading 500 clubs have an average of 22.2 per cent of club-trained players. In the Premier League it is 16.2 per cent and in Germany’s top division 16 per cent.

NB: A club-trained player is not necessarily and certainly not always of the same nationality of his club, but typically across Europe, most club-trained players at most clubs will be.

Italy’s Serie A has a shockingly low level of club-trained players: 7.4 per cent, the lowest in all of Europe.

The following figures show the situation in Europe’s ‘big five’ leagues, detailing the leading clubs by club-trained players in each of those nations:

SPAIN 24.7 per cent of club-trained players in La Liga. BEST CLUBS: Real Sociedad 62.5 per cent, Athletic Bilbao 54.2 per cent, Santander 44 per cent, Barcelona 42.9 per cent, Mallorca 37.5 per cent. Worst club: Getafe (Zero per cent).

FRANCE 22.9 per cent. BEST CLUBS: Sochaux 47.8 per cent, Montpellier 42.3 per cent, Stade Rennais 41.7 per cent, Toulousse 41.7 per cent, Bordeaux 40 per cent. Worst club: Dijon (Zero per cent).

ENGLAND 16.2 per cent. BEST CLUBS: Arsenal 38.7 per cent, Manchester United 37.9 per cent, Aston Villa 34.6 per cent, Liverpool 29.6 per cent, Newcastle 26.9 per cent. Worst club: Wigan (Zero per cent).

The youth team is also sitting top of their group in the FAPAL, 2 points and 2 games cleare of their closest opposition.

Whether or not any kids come through the ranks into the first team, this is definitely good news.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reardless of how far up any league we are, the fact that we are being mentioned means we are getting the basics right. Good stuff.

Or in Leazes speak, not backing the manager to buy the best players out there and relying on kids who aren't good enough, like your little bacchá Shane ;)

Reardless of how far up any league we are, the fact that we are being mentioned means we are getting the basics right. Good stuff.

Or in Leazes speak, not backing the manager to buy the best players out there and relying on kids who aren't good enough, like your little bacchá Shane ;)

Well the last 18 months has brought me amongst others......

Tiote, Cabaye, Ben-Arfa, Ba, Cisse, Santon, Marveaux, Albeid etc etc

So I for one am a happy little bunny. :)

Well the last 18 months has brought me amongst others......

Tiote, Cabaye, Ben-Arfa, Ba, Cisse, Santon, Marveaux, Albeid etc etc

So I for one am a happy little bunny. :)

Not one of whom has come from within the club, further evidence that we're not producing players that are good enough, but these players make up more of our squad than the majority of other clubs.

Edited by Happy Face

Not one of whom has come from within the club, further evidence that we're not producing players that are good enough, but these players make up more of our squad than the majority of other clubs.

Not sure what you are getting at and I have a hangover.

If he have bought good first teamers that is great.

If we have bought good younger players such as Santon, Albeid etc to further develop then that is great.

If we have also bought or found promising kids on the streets who we are developing such as A Carrol or Streete etc then that is good to isnt it?

Dont we have a very good youth team?

don't know how many times I've heard that we have "great kids" over the years like.

I realise that for some, it will be new and they will be getting into a bit of a frenzy about it.

If anybody makes it, that is IF, Mikey boy will be rubbing his hands with glee then.

If we have bought good younger players such as Santon, Albeid etc to further develop then that is great.

If we have also bought or found promising kids on the streets who we are developing such as A Carrol or Streete etc then that is good to isnt it?

and if we sell them further on, whats the point dummy

It was a response to your suggestion "the fact that we are being mentioned means we are getting the basics right".

Which I don't agree with. Having a quarter of your first team squad made up of kids that came up through the ranks is only brilliant if they're of sufficient quality to make an impact on the pitch, and can be relied upon to perform at this level. The reason we have so many kids in our first team squad is nothing to do with their quality though, or they'd get games, it's more to do with the fact we've not bought enough quality to name a 25 man squad without them filling the gaps.

Edited by Happy Face

It was a response to your suggestion "the fact that we are being mentioned means we are getting the basics right".

Which I don't agree with. Having a quarter of your first team squad made up of kids that came up through the ranks is only brilliant if they're of sufficient quality to make an impact on the pitch, and can be relied upon to perform at this level. The reason we have so many kids in our first team squad is nothing to do with their quality though, or they'd get games, it's more to do with the fact we've not bought enough quality to name a 25 man squad without them filling the gaps.

correct and obvious [to some]

don't know how many times I've heard that we have "great kids" over the years like. I realise that for some, it will be new and they will be getting into a bit of a frenzy about it. If anybody makes it, that is IF, Mikey boy will be rubbing his hands with glee then.

:lol:

You're not wrong, to be honest. For every Gazza, there's been 10 Ian Bogie's.

http://www.themag.co...ayers%E2%80%99/

Newcastle United are ahead of the game with successful youth development according to a new Europe-wide survey. United have a rating of 26.9% as ‘club-trained’ which is the fifth best in England and easily above the European average of 22.2%.

The hard data was compiled for a demographic study of Europe’s top divisions by the CIES Football Observatory in Switzerland. The study makes detailed analysis of 12,410 footballers at 500 clubs in the top divisions of 33 European countries.

A ‘club-trained player’ is defined as someone who has spent at least three seasons being ‘developed’ by a club between the ages of 15 and 21. The study considers how many such players remain at the clubs who developed them, or in other words, the extent of successful youth development by club / league.

Across Europe, the leading 500 clubs have an average of 22.2 per cent of club-trained players. In the Premier League it is 16.2 per cent and in Germany’s top division 16 per cent.

NB: A club-trained player is not necessarily and certainly not always of the same nationality of his club, but typically across Europe, most club-trained players at most clubs will be.

Italy’s Serie A has a shockingly low level of club-trained players: 7.4 per cent, the lowest in all of Europe.

The following figures show the situation in Europe’s ‘big five’ leagues, detailing the leading clubs by club-trained players in each of those nations:

SPAIN 24.7 per cent of club-trained players in La Liga. BEST CLUBS: Real Sociedad 62.5 per cent, Athletic Bilbao 54.2 per cent, Santander 44 per cent, Barcelona 42.9 per cent, Mallorca 37.5 per cent. Worst club: Getafe (Zero per cent).

FRANCE 22.9 per cent. BEST CLUBS: Sochaux 47.8 per cent, Montpellier 42.3 per cent, Stade Rennais 41.7 per cent, Toulousse 41.7 per cent, Bordeaux 40 per cent. Worst club: Dijon (Zero per cent).

ENGLAND 16.2 per cent. BEST CLUBS: Arsenal 38.7 per cent, Manchester United 37.9 per cent, Aston Villa 34.6 per cent, Liverpool 29.6 per cent, Newcastle 26.9 per cent. Worst club: Wigan (Zero per cent).

The youth team is also sitting top of their group in the FAPAL, 2 points and 2 games cleare of their closest opposition.

Whether or not any kids come through the ranks into the first team, this is definitely good news.

haha, the self proclaimed intelligent guy getting carried away by having a few supposed good kids. You couldn't make it up, I stopped thinking kids automatically became world beaters when I was about 16.

don't know how many times I've heard that we have "great kids" over the years like. I realise that for some, it will be new and they will be getting into a bit of a frenzy about it. If anybody makes it, that is IF, Mikey boy will be rubbing his hands with glee then.

:lol:

You're not wrong, to be honest. For every Gazza, there's been 10 Ian Bogie's.

10 ? More like 100

http://www.themag.co...ayers%E2%80%99/

haha, the self proclaimed intelligent guy getting carried away by having a few supposed good kids. You couldn't make it up, I stopped thinking kids automatically became world beaters when I was about 16.

Having a youth team performing well is good news. I have not said they're to become world beaters at all and you said you'd stop lying about what people have said and you'd stop attributing false positions to them. Here is a perfect example.

I've never said these kids will become world beaters, in fact I say "even if they don't make the 1st team" indicating that I doubt they'd even do that. So, in fact, your response is demonstrably mental.

The reasons I think having a good youth team is beneficial are so blatantly obvious only a retard or a contrary fool wouldn't be able to see them.

Stop misattributing positions, it's revealing your insanity

Having a youth team performing well is good news. I have not said they're to become world beaters at all and you said you'd stop lying about what people have said and you'd stop attributing false positions to them. Here is a perfect example.

I've never said these kids will become world beaters, in fact I say "even if they don't make the 1st team" indicating that I doubt they'd even do that. So, in fact, your response is demonstrably mental.

The reasons I think having a good youth team is beneficial are so blatantly obvious only a retard or a contrary fool wouldn't be able to see them.

Stop misattributing positions, it's revealing your insanity

and nobody misrepresents me ? :icon_lol:

every club in the world reckons it has good kids, fool.

Start performing your police duties without the obvious bias and I may start going easier on you.

Edited by LeazesMag

Every club does think it has a good youth system, however few can point to FAPAL tables as evidence. You realise being pleased that the youth teams are performing well, or that the 1st team is doing well in the league, or being please at the latest incoming signing, you realise that none of this will mean you're Ashley's favourite little rent boy, right?

I do defend you, fwiw but your argument is so disjointed and nonsensical it's a bit of a strain on even this "self professed intelligent" man. Although, I don't know why I should bother defending you, the worst perpetrator, when you persist in lying?

I'm guessing you still won't apologise for lying?

Of course, none of this means our youth are actually any good, just that we retain plenty.

It means our youth are better than the other 9 teams in their division