Holidays 2012

Jan

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm off to Tunisia in a couple of weeks.

I have a feeling North Africans aren't the kind of people I'd get on with.

Where about's in Tunisia mate? It's on my possible list of destinations for October

Port El Kantaoui is nice, Think I might be going to Turkey in September with a friend, he broke up with his lass and they were planning to go, asked me if I want the ticket. Better not be a double bed. Or roses sprinkled around the room, or a fucking towel swan.

Cool, am thinking of maybe Hammamet but will have a look at Sousse too

I went to Sousse a few years back, there's very little to do after a couple of days (although fine if you just want to do fuck all in the sun, obviously). We ended up getting on a safari which was pretty interesting; 3 days touring about northern Tunisia - included visiting the original Star Wars set, the second largest amphitheatre ever built (El Djem, I think it's the one used in Gladiator) and some vast salt plains and other stuff. Canny.

Going to Lindos on Rhodes on Wednesday whilst there we are taking the ferry to Karpathos staying 3 nights and on the way back stopping off at Chalki for a night and then back to Lindos for the last 6 nights.

I can't wait need some proper sunshine, warm sea & ice cold Mythos!!

Love Rhodes like. Lindos is a right sun trap, prepare to be frazzled. Used to be a cracking restaurant just outside the old town near the harbour as well.

@TS, seeing article-2160869-139EFA46000005DC-742_634x379.jpgyou mention the Star Wars set there , and knowing you're a fan etc. I saw this article t'other week :)

"Darth Spader"

http://www.dailymail...ling-igloo.html

Aye I remember thinking they've no clue how to cash in on all that, the underground stuff should be a restaurant/disco/sex temple.

I went to Sousse a few years back, there's very little to do after a couple of days (although fine if you just want to do fuck all in the sun, obviously). We ended up getting on a safari which was pretty interesting; 3 days touring about northern Tunisia - included visiting the original Star Wars set, the second largest amphitheatre ever built (El Djem, I think it's the one used in Gladiator) and some vast salt plains and other stuff. Canny.

Cheers mate, tbh need more than just doing nothing in the sun, which although sounds nice I'd be bored after a couple of days. Decided to go to Marrakech instead for a week and maybe take a guide tour up the Atlas Mountains.

Just back from Menorca, stayed in a villa just opposite the port of Mahon with mates and families for 5 days. Then a couple of days in a hotel with my two girls which was great.

Leg 2 is Newcastle from tomorrow evening, i am working until the weekend but then off next week. Leg 3 in south west of France from next friday until August 20th. Leg 4 will involve 2 days in Spain before the 20th, maybe San Sebastian again.

Enforced wearing of speedos is wrong like. Other than that France is spot on.

Went to San Sebastien in the 80s. It was a war zone then. Had some class paella iirc though.

That's a French holiday and a half! They've got the right idea about some stuff.

Because i work from home when am not travelling, i am blagging it a little bit by going to Newcastle tomorrow. I am working all this week, I will also re-connect to the office from the 13th of August despite being in the south west. 15th is a bank holiday so that means 4 days working from 'home' that week before a flight to London on 20th for meetings. All-in, its 15 days of annual leave with the rest blagged because of my working arrangement. Officially, there is no requirement for me to be 'at my official home' during office hours so am not doing anything wrong.

Sounds class. More employers should he sensible about people working from home, although having seen my own efforts whenever I claim to have worked from home, I can understand why they aren't.

Edited by Gemmill

I used to love 'working' from home. Just laze around sending the odd email to look like you're doing something. Working at home on a beach in the south of France is somewhat taking the piss though!

This good weather is almost pointless with everyone else working 9-5. In this country we should be allowed flexibility entirely based on the weather.

Sounds class. More employers should he sensible about people working from home, although having seen my own efforts whenever I claim to have worked from home, I can understand why they aren't.

I'm the opposite and seem to work much harder and better from home then in the office. Not sure why that is?!

Enforced wearing of speedos is wrong like. Other than that France is spot on.

Went to San Sebastien in the 80s. It was a war zone then. Had some class paella iirc though.

I forgot about that speedo rule :lol:

Just booked my flights for 7 days in Morocco in October :thumbup:

Going to stay in Marrakech for a couple of nights and then probably do a few days excursion in to the Sahara in Camel and then to loads of little towns & villages, maybe in to the mountains for a short while, then back to Marrakech for another day and a half.