The Daft Questions Thread

Christmas Tree

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to dial a phone number from your pc that uses your normal house phone?

I know about skjype and all that but you either have to dial someone on skype or buy skype credit.

Basically just wondered if I could call a number without dragging my arse over to the house phone.

Again I ask this question. The phone has just rang and I couldnt be arsed to get up and answer it. Surely there must be a way to do it from the laptop?

Yeah that stops me from having to do an hour of tedious work a week. You are having trouble peeling yourself off the sofa to walk to a phone. Do you see the difference, you absolute beast? :lol:

You are what they had in mind when they made Wall-E. :razz:

Trying to run your phone through your computer because it's too much of an effort to get up :lol:

Hold on :lol:

I am right in thinking we all use remote controls to save us walking a few feet to change the TV.

Im sitting snuggled up on the settee, laptop on knee, mobile on arm of settee, cup of tea, bacon sandwich and biscuits balanced around......

and the house phone rings. Much easier and common sense to simply press 1 to answer and start talking rather than put everything down, jump up, race through trough manor to find some twat on the end of the line telling me they can get me £10,000 back on old ppp claims.

I could be wrong but I think you can buy what's called a "cordless phone".

Of course you'd have to ensure you picked it up at the start of your lazing session.

It is a cordless phone but in this day and age it spends most of its time gathering dust in the kitchen.

Can't keep it in the lounge as the bairn dials 999 :lol:

Seriously though, landlines get very little use in our house. It's fair to say the salad bowl gets more use.