Children

trophyshy

Indeed, although its for members like that I can see why some forums have a stricter policy to knock the shite on the head quicker

I know it's one of those classic things to say, but i'm pretty sure i wasn't ever that much of a cretin when I was late teens/early 20's, going out of my way for pointless stuff just for the sake of it.

its the old internet mentality "its great when people think im a twat"

Southernmag/Wordplay is a prime example of a fucked up child.

I've had his card marked as an utter wanker for ages. Glad to see he's confirmed it.

Aaaanyway, Parky- Chess set? How old is Parky Jr?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His age may be immaterial as parents may influence, religious beliefs may influence.

Look at the goings on in Ireland. Does a peace agreement get rid of the hatred straight away, no.

Some kids may be lucky and grow up without this prejudice, but others will be from families and communities where the hatred will continue to fester for generations.

Just because politicians have told all sides to get along, doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Anyway TS, hope the overall feedback has helped. :)

Coming… hur hur hur.

The comments and insight have been interesting, so thanks to all. I'll make my final decision in the coming weeks.

Coming… hur hur hur.

I just think being gay IS wrong. It's disgusting. God created Adam and Eve. NOT STEVE.

It's not normal / natural! Love should only be between a man and a woman!!!

Fucking Hell, I hope you're on the wind-up.

a) God didn't create Adam and Eve, if anything that's a parable about all humankind coming from the same ancestor, and not about M+F=Love. If you honestly believe that life began with two White Anglo Saxon people, you advocate incest and are an ignoramus.

2) It's evidenced in nature that homosexuality exists in animals, ergo it's natural. It may be rare, but it's a facet of nature.

iii) Take your homophobic shit and cram it so far up your arse you begin to enjoy, ok? I'll have no bilious bollocks on my board, y'hear?

I fully accept my post is no doubt riddled with spelling and/or grammar mistakes, but this kind of shit boils my piss.

Edited by The Fish

On the gay parents thing. I tell you what, I bet there are numerous more able parent gay couples who have been allowed to adopt. But, i bet there are thousands more m/f couples who had kids without needing to ask who under the same rules wouldn't have a fucking chance.

Typical thread for this place really. Lots of interesting discussion, Parky being miserable and some outright bigotry.

By the by, the 'Adam and Eve' justification for homophobic viewpoints really only highlights the illness that religion imposes on society with its pseudo-morality and Bronze Aged based views on reality.

Put simply, Southermag, and all the other morally bankrupt idiots, can fuck off with your 'Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve' bullshit. Disgusting. Get a clue.

On reflection, giving abuse to SouthernTit/Wordplay is the wrong approach.

We should be supporting him as he struggles to accept his sexuality. It can't be easy for a young lad of limited intelligence to come to terms with his repressed love of cock.

Personally I think to some degree you should welcome people with totally opposing views to your own, particularly on subjects that are not so cut and dry.

Just as racism is alive and well there are many other prejudices which don't go away just because someone / government suddenly decides it's law.

If David Cameron puts the age of consent up to 21 tomorrow, are men suddenly going to no longer have sexual attraction to a 19 year old?

I grew up in a society where homosexuality was considered disgusting. Might have even been illegal? Society, ie governments decide it is no longer disgusting but to expect society to change completely so quickly is unrealistic.

The same with racism. You can make it illegal but that doesn't irradicate it.

My own unscientific view is that in an ideal world a child must surely be emotionally more complete by being raised by a man and a woman.

However as we know, the world is anything but ideal.

Was only legalised in the late 60s (1968?). Was actually an example of Parliament changing the law and society then (slowly) changing their views as a result of this rather than the other way round. It was only when I was reading a novel set in the 60s and a character was being blackmailed due to being gay and it being illegal that I realised how relatively recently in had been a crime.

We should be supporting him as he struggles to accept his sexuality. It can't be easy for a young lad of limited intelligence to come to terms with his repressed love of cock.

I reckon it's only a matter of time before he gets into Scientology.

Personally I think to some degree you should welcome people with totally opposing views to your own, particularly on subjects that are not so cut and dry.

Just as racism is alive and well there are many other prejudices which don't go away just because someone / government suddenly decides it's law.

If David Cameron puts the age of consent up to 21 tomorrow, are men suddenly going to no longer have sexual attraction to a 19 year old?

I grew up in a society where homosexuality was considered disgusting. Might have even been illegal? Society, ie governments decide it is no longer disgusting but to expect society to change completely so quickly is unrealistic.

My own unscientific view is that in an ideal world a child must surely be emotionally more complete by being raised by a man and a woman.

Was only legalised in the late 60s (1968?). Was actually an example of Parliament changing the law and society then (slowly) changing their views as a result of this rather than the other way round. It was only when I was reading a novel set in the 60s and a character was being blackmailed due to being gay and it being illegal that I realised how relatively recently in had been a crime.

What younger people may also not realise is just how paranoid society got with regard to homosexuals in the late 80's when Aids became big news.

Was a very strange period and for simplicity I would liken it to the paranoia that grips when swine flu or bird flu breaks out, but probably worse.

Lots of concern about being sneezed on by a gay or using the same mug in the staff canteen and of course lots of nodding about how "they" were getting their come uppance.

Ignorance of course, as society is on the whole.

Government over hype didn't help either indicating that society was on the verge of a catastrophe .

I have most of my adult life waxed and waned over the subject of having kids. Circumstance (or being barren) has me without any of these delightful little liabilities at this stage.

I am, according to Stevie, officially an old cunt so this issue gains increasing weight as the years zip by.

Something like 70% of my friends, siblings and cousins have kids now. They're great, I really enjoy the time I spend with them and I get the 'you'd be a great dad' line often enough, not just from my old man who is desperate for me to knock out a grandson or two.

I imagine having my own would be in equal parts amazing and exhausting. The exhausting part I suspect gets worse the older you have them.

There's obviously loads of people on here who are proud of their kids and they clearly bring them joy. I can't get many people to fess up to it being a mistake (how could you, of course), although occasionally people seem to say everything but that.

If you were like me, what manoeuvred you into the decision? And is there anyone on here who decided against it altogether?

I'd genuinely be interested in people's thoughts and experiences on this, no matter where they are in life. If it's too personal then obviously just tell me to get bent.

never realised you were an old cunt

I definitely want to be a dad, I want two sons and if a girl turns up I'll shove her back until she learns her lesson and comes out a boy.

Wanting kids can't be a finance thing, or whatever. It's my opinion, you've got to actively want kids regardless of their innumerable downsides. They're smelly, boring, expensive, awkward, life-interrupting shit-factories. Only occasionally do they do something of note and even then, five'll get you ten some other kid has done it way better way earlier than yours. Everybody thinks their kid is special, is ahead of the curve in terms of learning, is beautiful, when statistically speaking, that can't be true.

That being said, I want kids, always have done, always will do. :dunno:

you sound like you'd be a great dad

:lol: Very good.

No I don't think it should be based on age, I was just indicating that I thought about it more these days.

I'm obviously having this conversation with loads of my real mates, I just think there's a broad range of ages and personalities on here that I'd be interested to hear from. And there are quite a few people on here whose life experience and outlook I really respect.

I also think it is a fascinating topic for conversation. If that's not appreciated by others I'll gladly return to irreverence and Leazes baiting.

I'll ignore the last bit, and say if you want to do it [how old are you] then you should go ahead before its too late. Some people have commented on having young kids in your 50's etc, well I'm 57 and I was 40 when my daughter was born. I always said I didn't really want kids but I married at 33 and I loved the years when she grew up, when she was between about 5 and 8, those were the best years, because they start to understand and talk to you, and idolise you.

Took her to Paris Disney about 6 years ago and her mate came along, it felt like I had 2 daughters and felt great. I sort of wish now that I had had a son too, but its too late now.

I definitely want to be a dad, I want two sons and if a girl turns up I'll shove her back until she learns her lesson and comes out a boy.

Wanting kids can't be a finance thing, or whatever. It's my opinion, you've got to actively want kids regardless of their innumerable downsides. They're smelly, boring, expensive, awkward, life-interrupting shit-factories. Only occasionally do they do something of note and even then, five'll get you ten some other kid has done it way better way earlier than yours. Everybody thinks their kid is special, is ahead of the curve in terms of learning, is beautiful, when statistically speaking, that can't be true.

Cheers, I bet you're a good Dad

my daughter thinks I'm the best in the world, but I'm probably the 5th best

Edited by LeazesMag

:lol:

Thanks for the advice. If I got some lucky lady pregnant now then I would be 40 when it emerged. So your timing is on a par. Were you not knackered all the time in your 40s?

Edited by trophyshy

:lol:

Thanks for the advice. If I got some lucky lady pregnant now then I would be 40 when it emerged. So your timing is on a par. Were you not knackered all the time in your 40s?

I look back on the photos just before and after she was born, and I look so much younger !!!!

my daughter thinks I'm the best in the world, but I'm probably the 5th best

Yeah, but are you striving to be better? Where's your ambition mate? ;)

What younger people may also not realise is just how paranoid society got with regard to homosexuals in the late 80's when Aids became big news.

Was a very strange period and for simplicity I would liken it to the paranoia that grips when swine flu or bird flu breaks out, but probably worse.

Lots of concern about being sneezed on by a gay or using the same mug in the staff canteen and of course lots of nodding about how "they" were getting their come uppance.

Ignorance of course, as society is on the whole.

Government over hype didn't help either indicating that society was on the verge of a catastrophe .

I remember those ads - Don't Die of Ignorance. Must have been '84-'85-ish. Ironically I think most AIDS victims are heterosexuals (from sub-Saharan Africa).

I reckon it's only a matter of time before he gets into Scientology.

I reckon he'll have his knob in the toaster as we speak

SFW btw

I'm 26 and can't imagine ever feeling "ready" to have children. At the moment I'm FAR too selfish to even consider it - when I hear friends talk about their evenings and weekends revolving around the kids it just sounds awful to me as I like my own time too much. Obviously I know feelings change over time so maybe when I'm a little older I'll feel different, as I'm sure has been the case for many others. Can't help but think I'd be a terrible mother anyway. :glare: I'd quite like my sister to have a baby so I can sample some of the experience - my boyfriend has nieces and nephews but they're ranging in age from about 7-18 and although we've been together 6 years I've never felt like an auntie to them.